Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Does Jason still know Arsenal and Starfire in Rebirth?

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello my friends,

This is my first post on this website so it's good to be with you all! Now, my question has to do with the fact that throughout my reading of Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth, Jason mentions Roy and Kory a few times so I'm just wondering, was the original Red Hood and the Outlaws in the New 52 brought into Rebirth or was that retconned and he knows them through some other way?

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaevictis1:Yeah, I think he still knows them. It wasn't retconned. Just condensed into less time.

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_templar: Right, I get ya, cheers. Considering that I'm on a bit of a roll, did he still receive training from the All-Caste or was that removed in Rebirth also?

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_templar: Right, I get ya, cheers. Considering that I'm on a bit of a roll, did he still receive training from the All-Caste or was that removed in Rebirth also?

Yeah I believe that still happened.

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right, cheers buddy, that helps a lot. I'm really enjoying Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth, so it's nice to see that they didn't remove too much from the previous installment. It's also nice to note that he isn't as skinny as he was in the New 52; Jason was always physically the biggest of all the Robins I believe.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Rebirth didn't eliminate anything, it has the same continuity

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@vaevictis1: No prob, nothing wrong with questions

(especially over comic continuity)

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Yes. He considers them his first two real friends.

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Cheers buddy.

@stormshadow_x: Yeah, it'll be definitely interesting if Starfire brings up Jason if she ever finds herself comparing him to Damian in Teen Titans Rebirth, since I think Jason and Damian both share some very similar qualities.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaevictis1: Yeah. I wouldn't be suprised if Kori and Roy bring up Jason to Dick and Damian since they're respective teams are having a crossover against deathstroke.

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: Do you think Jason will get a title to himself after the Outlaws run has finished?

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: Do you think Jason will get a title to himself after the Outlaws run has finished?

Hopefully, but I don't think he will.

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I'm of the same opinion as yourself buddy; the big thing I'm wondering is where the setting would be. Would he move to another city to see if his methods of fighting are better than Batman?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I'm of the same opinion as yourself buddy; the big thing I'm wondering is where the setting would be. Would he move to another city to see if his methods of fighting are better than Batman?

Yeah that would be pretty cool if he did.

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VaeVictis1

It would be indeed. Just as how Nightwing in his Rebirth title is beginning to have villains of his own rather than just fighting Batman's, I think more of the same would be very useful in developing the Red Hood as a character, even though he's had plenty of development with the Outlaws already.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I see your question has been answered already?

Nice!

RHATO is my second favorite rebirth book :)

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: It has indeed my friend, it has indeed! I've just purchased Vol. 1 there a few hours ago and I'll be pre-ordering Vol. 2 when I get a bit more bob in my pocket! What's your favourite Rebirth title at the moment?

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaevictis1: Superman!

Yeah, Jason is my fav member from the Batfamily. He's so awesome!

Also, vol.1 showed us that he still loves Bruce. That pic with him and Bruce when they were younger...damn those onion cutting ninjas.

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: Nice, I've only really gotten into comics recently as you I've mentioned above so it's nice to see we have something in common! I know what you mean, that sort of sentiment is very suitable and very much show's a different side to his character that while he may not ever have that sort of relationship with Bruce again, his memories of fonder times remain with him. I hope that after Outlaws is concluded, Jason will get his own solo series; while I don't mind him being a part of these groups, the more he does so the more toned-down he begins to seem until he becomes something too similar to the rest of the Bat-Family.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eto

@vaevictis1: Agreed. I want a solo series too, BUT I can't complain. I love the book. Moreover, friggin Bizarro is characterized well, same for Artemis.

At least Jason has a book you know? :)

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: You're absolutely right my friend and I am by no means complaining, I truly enjoy Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth and while it might disheartening to some that it only comes once every month, the resulting issue usually has amazing art, good plot progression and good character development for all three of the Dark Trinity.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@vaevictis1: Yes

In the Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth he keeps bringing it up but they've all gone their separate ways.

Now I want Starfire and Nightwing the get back together.

VaeVictis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Yes, I believe somebody mentioned above that the Titans and Teen Titans are having a crossover event with Deathstroke so we might see some interesting interactions there if I'm not mistaken. As I mentioned above also if I believe, we might see Roy and Kory talk about Jason with either Dick or Damian.

yohram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They most likely know each other, but Rebirth Kori and Roy is different from their New52. Rebirth Kori and Roy are changed to their pre-New52/Titans versions. They are not alike the people Jason partnered. I heard they changed Roy's backstory with Oliver in Rebirth Green Arrow.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Issue #9 of the rebirth RhatO series, makes a reference to Jason and Kori breaking Roy out of the prison fron the first issue of the new52 RHatO series, so everthing should be still canon.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yohram: It's reverted to their post-Crisis history. Roy drank, but heroine was his drug of choice again. Still has history with Cheshire.

Avatar image for dark_tzitzimine
    Dark_Tzitzimine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The second issue of the Lazarus Contract also has Roy making a reference to his past with Kori so yeah, everything is still canon.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Aahz

@scouterv said:

@yohram: It's reverted to their post-Crisis history. Roy drank, but heroine was his drug of choice again. Still has history with Cheshire.

Not completly, Roy has for example still both arms and Lian is not back. And appart from maybe a few exceptions what happend during the new 52 is still canon for the charcaters and was kind of fused with parts of the pre flashpoint continuity.

And Iin case anf Roy and Kory keeping the Outlaws (mostly) in canon shhould not cause any problems.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of it has been tossed aside. Roy and Kori are much better served not having their backstories hindered by Lobdell's bumblings. Whatever Lobdell writes in his own book seems to be treated as fanfic anyway. Very little of it is carried over to books that are better-selling and are of better quality.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.