Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

And the new Jason is...

Meinos Kaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Meinos Kaen

So, if we take for granted that the newest Jason that just appeared in World of Flashpoint will be the one that we will bring with us in the reboot, this Jay has black hair, the white streak, but most importantly...

No Caption Provided

HE'S A PRIEST! O_O

I mean, what is this... I don't even... HUH?! O.O I mean, if this is the Jason that will be in Red Hoods and the Outlaw, what the hell could possess a priest to go back to gangkilling and stuff? Maybe something ala Solomon Kane?

I don't think this will be the background in the Reboot in september, but still, Priest!Jason is kinda cool.
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RedK
    @Meinos Kaen:  won't happen, in the flashpoint world he never met Bruce so wouldn't of had the training as Robin, never died and came back from the dead. it would seem in theis world Jason found something Bruce could never provide and resolved his anger issues. hopfully in the re-launch he keeps his hair don't like the idea that he dies his hair black
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RedHoodsDen

But it's probably how he gets his black hair and a repentant attitude back, by folding Father Jason in lol.

hulk_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hulk_beyond

So far Dick and Jason both seem have better lives in a world without Bruce...

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By daredevil21134
    @hulk_beyond said:
    i agree
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThanosIsMad
    @RedK said:
    @Meinos Kaen:  won't happen, in the flashpoint world he never met Bruce so wouldn't of had the training as Robin, never died and came back from the dead. it would seem in theis world Jason found something Bruce could never provide and resolved his anger issues. hopfully in the re-launch he keeps his hair don't like the idea that he dies his hair black
    It's already been confirmed that Jason will have black hair.  Don't ask me to provide a link, though.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daredevil21134

I know Judd Winick said it in an interview

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Primmaster64

Flaspoint Earth is not the earth we are going to see in September

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daredevil21134

Still I think its kinda cool

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Primmaster64
    @hulk_beyond said:
    LOL nice
    Avatar image for theincrediblezero
    theincrediblezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Geoff Johns hating on Batman. Just like how Hal sucker-punched Bruce in Rebirth, he now wants to imply that Dick and Jason were better off never meeting Bruce. I like his stuff, but Jesus, does he need to stop hating on other imaginary characters.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daredevil21134
    @theincrediblezero said:
    This is Geoff Johns hating on Batman. Just like how Hal sucker-punched Bruce in Rebirth, he now wants to imply that Dick and Jason were better off never meeting Bruce. I like his stuff, but Jesus, does he need to stop hating on other imaginary characters.
    I think its funny
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @daredevil21134 said:
    @theincrediblezero said:
    I think its funny
    I think it's pathetic.
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually i thin the world is abetter place for one reason, no Superman.

Avatar image for theincrediblezero
    theincrediblezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: Explain yourself.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Primmaster64

-___-

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By fodigg
    @hulk_beyond said:
    Their lives are better but their world is pretty crap. Kind of a wash I'd say.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By daredevil21134
    @TheCrowbar said:
    @daredevil21134 said:
    @theincrediblezero said:
    I think its funny
    I think it's pathetic.
    I can see why
    xscarletkittie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By xscarletkittie

I have to say, it was nice to see Jason at peace with himself. Too bad there probably won't be any other appearances of his character, I would definitely read more stories with him. He's so refreshingly different from all his other incarnations. Don't get me wrong, I love Jason and his crazy awesomeness, but priest!Jason was a nice change of pace.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By noj
    @theincrediblezero: Geoff didnt write this particular book Rex Ogle did I think
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By daredevil21134
    @xscarletkittie said:

I have to say, it was nice to see Jason at peace with himself. Too bad there probably won't be any other appearances of his character, I would definitely read more stories with him. He's so refreshingly different from all his other incarnations. Don't get me wrong, I love Jason and his crazy awesomeness, but priest!Jason was a nice change of pace.

I liked it too
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @hulk_beyond said:
    LOL nice
    A world where Superman is a shrimp,not to mention it was created by a villian.Not much to brag about,especially seeing all the wars and tyranny and accidents etc.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By daredevil21134
    @The_Tree said:
    @theincrediblezero said:

Geoff didn't even write this or Deadman & the Flying Graysons, these might not have even been his ideas. Why does everyone think he hates Batman? You gotta admit, Bruce was being a dick in Rebirth. But Johns doesn't hate him, nobody seems to mention when Bruce got back at Hal and that they reconciled in Green Lantern #9. /nerdrant
    Well to me Hal just didn't punch Bruce, he embarrassed him infront of the JLA, TT, JSA,.Batman reputation is very important.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblezero said:
    @DeathpooltheT1000: Explain yourself.
    Superman is like in a jail or something if i remember. 
    Also i think that the idea, is that Without Superman or Batman the wolrd go to worst, some people have to have horrible life so the rest dont have to live in a horrible hell.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#26  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @The_Tree said:
    @theincrediblezero said:

Geoff didn't even write this or Deadman & the Flying Graysons, these might not have even been his ideas. Why does everyone think he hates Batman? You gotta admit, Bruce was being a dick in Rebirth. But Johns doesn't hate him, nobody seems to mention when Bruce got back at Hal and that they reconciled in Green Lantern #9. /nerdrant

this. 

Bruce had a legitamate reaction as di Hal. both characters responded fine. its not like Bruce has never been sucker punched before
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fodigg
    @daredevil21134 said:
    Batman reputation is very important.
    Not to Batman.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daredevil21134

I would think it would be,but i'm no Batman expert

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:
    @daredevil21134 said:
    Not to Batman.
    Batman care what people think of him, but he care more what he thinks about himself.
    He is very mature, what is weird for the guys on spandex.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fodigg
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    @fodigg said:
    @daredevil21134 said:
    Not to Batman.
    Batman care what people think of him, but he care more what he thinks about himself.He is very mature, what is weird for the guys on spandex.
    I think Batman cares more about being effective than what people think of him. He wants to be intimidating sure, but he doesn't seem the type to stress about being "respected" or "disrespected." He's one of those people who read up to "better to be loved than to be feared" and stopped before the part where it said "best to be both loved and feared." 

If Bruce Wayne thought the best way to fight crime and prevent killings was to dress like a clown and get berated and heckled by lowlifes then he would do it. Because he's obsessed.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: He care to do his "job" also i dont think the guy is obsessed, he just cant stop becuase crime never stops. 
    I know the guy is not sane, but he is not as mad as people think.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fodigg
    @DeathpooltheT1000: No, he's totally obsessed. I'm not saying his totally "batty" (pun intended), but he's obsessive about stopping crime. He would HAVE to be to do what he does.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:
    @DeathpooltheT1000: No, he's totally obsessed. I'm not saying his totally "batty" (pun intended), but he's obsessive about stopping crime. He would HAVE to be to do what he does.
    The guy have a mision, so that why people say he is "nuts", i mean for i have seen he is not as crazy as people make him sound.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fodigg
    @DeathpooltheT1000: What other people say doesn't really matter for what I'm saying. I'm NOT saying he is insane. I'm saying his dedication level goes beyond reasonable levels. He is the very portrait of obsession. If a man chooses a "mission" and dedicates every aspect of his life to the fulfillment of that mission's goal, then that IS obsession.  

The question of sanity doesn't necessarily even come into it until you realize that he's dressing up like a BAT and beating people up.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: Well if you see, people call sane people that decide that being a blue demon with horns. 
    so i think call him insane is hard, since the guy use a suit, becuase as a human people will never fear him.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fodigg
    @DeathpooltheT1000: I find Punisher a lot scarier than Batman and he doesn't feel the need to dress like a demon, bat, or anything else. He's just a murdering psychopath. And unlike Batman, I'd argue that Punisher IS crazy.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By NightFang3
    @hulk_beyond said:
    It's really not Bruce's fault, its because of how messed up Gotham is.
    Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Grubich

I kinda hope some characters (Jason included) have some partial memory as to what happened during flashpoint when flashpoint is over.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    @theincrediblezero said:

this.  Bruce had a legitamate reaction as di Hal. both characters responded fine. its not like Bruce has never been sucker punched before
    Whether he hates him or not,it's clear that Johns cannot write Bruce Wayne.The fact he's gonna have him and Hal fight h2h later on alone shows how much he knows about Bruce's ability.
    Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Glad to see his black hair with white stripes again.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By John Valentine
    @daredevil21134 said:

@hulk_beyond said:

i agree
    Not for long and this isn't normal DCU just without Bruce, obviously, their lives up to now in the Flashpoint would have been completely different. 

One could argue that Dick's, and maybe even Jason's less strongly, normal DCU lives are better because of Bruce.
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RedHoodJT

I'm not sure about the whole one universe is better than the other. I mean sure they have the pros and cons but I mean I wouldn't necessarily say one is better than the other. I would say they are equal due to their many differences that make them better than the other.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:
    @DeathpooltheT1000: I find Punisher a lot scarier than Batman and he doesn't feel the need to dress like a demon, bat, or anything else. He's just a murdering psychopath. And unlike Batman, I'd argue that Punisher IS crazy.
    The only reason why people afind scary Frank, is becuase he kills, without that, people would never be afraid of him. 
    also i find Jason by far scarier that Frank, since he knows how to find you and kill an army. 
    batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By batmanary
    @theincrediblezero said:
    Geoff Johns doesn't really hate on Batman...hell Batman sucker punched Hal right back, and said that they were even. I like Johns' Batman. Certainly better than Daniel's, in my opinion.
    batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By batmanary
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @The_Tree said:
    @theincrediblezero said:

this.  Bruce had a legitamate reaction as di Hal. both characters responded fine. its not like Bruce has never been sucker punched before
    Whether he hates him or not,it's clear that Johns cannot write Bruce Wayne.The fact he's gonna have him and Hal fight h2h later on alone shows how much he knows about Bruce's ability.
    Um...not really. It's pretty much proven that Hal's not as good at Bruce, and either way, Bruce won't really be coming back. Johns is just having Hal re examine his relationships with all of his former teammates/friends etc. From Rebirth to about issue 9 of Green Lantern, the "co-star" was Batman. After that, it was Green Arrow. After that, it was Carol Ferris, then Flash, and finally Sinestro.
    lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its just like anime

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.