Follow

James Gordon

Character » James Gordon appears in 5248 issues.

James Gordon is one of Batman's first supporters, helping him fight against crime and corruption in Gotham City. He eventually rose to the rank of Commissioner in the Gotham City Police Department, and continues to be one of Batman's greatest allies.

Should Jim Gordon know the truth about Batman/Bruce Wayne?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

I think it's arguable to say that Jim Gordon's best friend is Batman. Would it be such a bad thing if he found out who Batman really is? What's the worst that could happen?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I don't think it would be a bad thing, probably make things easier on Bruce to be honest.

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By KingofMadCows

I think Gordon already knows.

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

Bruce is probably dying to tell his BFF Gordan, but it would put his family members in danger, more so then they already are.

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By soccersss

Don't forget how awkward it would be for Barbara if he found out. If he finds out Bruce Wayne is Batman, they might as well tell him Bab is Batgirl and that wont end well

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

@soccersss said:

Don't forget how awkward it would be for Barbara if he found out. If he finds out Bruce Wayne is Batman, they might as well tell him Bab is Batgirl and that wont end well

Honestly? I think he'd get over Babs

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By soccersss

@Gambit1024 said:

@soccersss said:

I doubt it though Gordon is too over-protective when it comes to Babs. The guy rarely lets Babs near anything police-related so I doubt he would ever allow Babs run around arguably the dangerous place in DCU at nights fighting psychopaths & metahuman criminals

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dernman

NO! Already to many people know about Batman.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think it would be more interesting if he found out about Barbara first. Then next time he sees Batman he can punch him in the face for letting his daughter do something so dangerous. Then eventually maybe Bruce could reveal himself. Then again during Blackest Night Gordon should have figured it out, Dick and Barbara call each other by name way too often when they're supposed to be incognito.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

@soccersss said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@soccersss said:

I doubt it though Gordon is too over-protective when it comes to Babs. The guy rarely lets Babs near anything police-related so I doubt he would ever allow Babs run around arguably the dangerous place in DCU at nights fighting psychopaths & metahuman criminals

But once he realizes all the good she's done as Batgirl, eventually he'd be like "Huh... My daughter kicks some serious ass."

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By soccersss

@Gambit1024 said:

@soccersss said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@soccersss said:

But once he realizes all the good she's done as Batgirl, eventually he'd be like "Huh... My daughter kicks some serious ass."

Yeah but she just got out of the wheel-chair that she was never supposed to be and the joker tormented gordon with sick pics of her. After all the hell the Joker put him and his daughter through theres no way in hell Gordon'd accept it.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BatteredArmor

Hasn't it been implied that he already figured it out

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gambit1024

@soccersss said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@soccersss said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@soccersss said:

Yeah but she just got out of the wheel-chair that she was never supposed to be and the joker tormented gordon with sick pics of her. After all the hell the Joker put him and his daughter through theres no way in hell Gordon'd accept it.

So say Gordon doesn't except it then. What would his relationship to Batman be? Would he hunt him down or what?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By danhimself

I think that to many people underestimate just how good of a cop Gordan is....that's one of the reasons that Batman works with him....it's really inconceivable to believe that they've been working together for over 5 years now in the DCnU and Gordan hasn't figured out who Batman is

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By soccersss

@Gambit1024 said:

@soccersss said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@soccersss said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@soccersss said:

So say Gordon doesn't except it then. What would his relationship to Batman be? Would he hunt him down or what?

Remember the ep in Batman Tas Gordon hunts down the Batfamily after Babs "died." Well if anything should happen to Babs that could happen but I dont think Gordon would go after Wayne unless Babs got seriously hurt

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Afro_Warrior

I thought Jim had already figured out Bruce was Batman, but he just chose to pretend he was still ignorant of the fact.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@danhimself: That's what I believe. He knows and I can't remember in which comic book, Batman implied that Gordon figured out who's Batman, as Perry figured out who's Superman. I think Gordon knows.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By nightwing91

I believe it's been implied he knows,but by admitting it then he's forced by his duty to arrest Batman or such.I mean he showed(pre-DcnU) that he was able to figured out Barbara had previously been Batgirl he's more then capable of the same for Bruce.

@Phaedrusgr: He implies that in Hush.

YMCMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By YMCMB

I think he already knows but just acts like he doesn't, but on the same note I think with the reboot DC should erase a lot of character's knowledge of his identity.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    He already knows, and Batman knows he knows. DCnU is a different story.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Morpheus_ said:
    He already knows, and Batman knows he knows. DCnU is a different story.
    A bad one ;P
    Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's one of those things that hasn't ever been said outright, so writers can go either way with it. I read many Batman stories where it is implied that Gordon knows and I have read a lot of Batman stories where Gordon appears clueless.

I personally prefer the stories that imply he knows.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't

No Caption Provided

PatriotPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought he already knew...

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't want to know. Bruce took his mask off right in front of him and Gordon looked away.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think Gordon already knows who he is. It the fact that he pretends not to that makes their relationship even more interesting

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.