Follow

James Bond

Character » James Bond appears in 890 issues.

Commander James Bond, Agent 007, is a spy who works for the MI6 secret service branch of the British Government. Created by Ian Fleming, Bond was originally the star of a series of novels, before being adapted into the world's second longest running film franchise. Inevitably, James Bond has found his way into all types of media adaptations including into newspaper strips and comics books.

Is James Bond the Ultimate Movie Franchise?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

Hear me out first, im not asking if they are the best movies ever made. I only recently have actually finished watching all of them. They arent all great (or even good for some of them) but never the less they have created 22 or 23 movies in one time line basically. They jump around here and there but no other movie franchise that i can think of has gotten past 6 films, or atleast not with out a reboot somewhere down the line. I can only think of Rocky and Star Wars to get to 6 films. 

We talk about trilogies and sequels and stuff like that and even i am guilty of outlining a film franchise. I was thinking from the first Green Lantern movie it would take at least six films to create a good story line that, in the sixth film, could possibly be Blackest Night. By the time the first film comes out Ryan Reynolds will be about 36. Estimating with all the CGI in the film that at best it will take 3 years between each movie debut, by the time the sixth movie would come out Ryan would be 54. 

The Batmans films were the only other franchise i know of to try and replace the star character with out a reboot or some kind of time lapse forward or back. Do we need to stop looking at the actors who play these characters and just start looking more at the characters themselves? No actor will be able to continously play the same role for generations bc of how slow the time line runs in movies. 

What is the James Bond franchise doing right that no one else seems to get. (ill admit Batman was close to accomplishing the same thing) Would everyone be ok with multiple actors playing Superman, Batman, GL, Tony Stark, Spiderman, Thor, etc, etc. 

Its really the only option unless we want to see a reboot every 10 years or less
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DEGRAAF

no one?
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Kairan1979

For me Bond franchise died when they rebooted it with Daniel Craig.

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

#4  Edited By Liberty
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

James Bond died after Goldeneye.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any series that is on it's 23rd movie is impressive by anyone's standards. I will not call it the ultimate franchise, but is has it's place in the discussion due to it's longevity through generations and the worldwide appeal.

Every time the role is handed off to a new actor the direction of the franchise changes a little to show their take on the character. As for Daniel Craig, anyone who has read the original Ian Flemming novels can tell you he is the closest to the source material in his portrayal.

ZenRazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bond series definitely hasn't died with Craig I personally loved every single Bond movie and I do think it's the greatest series ever it's a classic and doesn't exceed in anything it has the right amount of action,drama,humor and great story.They don't die because it's a classical spy or action movie.I loved every Bond actor with Daniel being in my 3rd or 2nd favorite every Bond has their own acting way it's what makes it great so it doesn't stay pale like other movies are.It doesn't need a reboot because there is always a new story to tell.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.