Not much is known about how Jake Dalesko became the new White King of Checkmate but one thing that is known is how he is a man full of mischief and mystery. He has shown great intelligence and the skills required to go toe to toe with Amanda Waller. His biggest weakness is the fact that he is so envious of those with meta human abilities.That weakness ultimately proves to be his downfall as after witnessing the sucess of metagene experimentation, he inevitably experiments on himself to gain meta human abilities. He gains the ability to absorb another's powers as demonstrated when he kills Xolotl and uses those powers against Azucar, El Diablo, Justicia and Task Force Y.
Jake Dalesko waa created by Cliff Richards and Jai Nitz and first appeared in the mini series titled Suicide Squad Most Wanted: El Diablo #1. He was created as an antagonist to the Chato Santana version of El Diablo.
Powers And Abilities
- Absorption: Dalesko showcases this skill when he kills Xolotl and inherits his power set.
- Super Strength: An ability he steals from Xolotl which he showcases when he goes toe to toe with El Dorado and Behemoth.
- Invulnerability: Another ability he stole from Xolotl which he showcases when he comes out unscathed by Azucar's bullets and Iman's missles.
- Intelligence: He showcases how intelligent he is when he is able to use and trick several individuals without their knowledge.
- Unarmed Combat: Due to his training with Checkmate he is able to hold his own in a fist fight.
- Armed Combat: Due to his training with Checkmate he is knowledgeable when it comes to firearms and can hold his own in a shoot out.