Follow

Jackie Estacado

Character » Jackie Estacado appears in 472 issues.

Ex-Mafia hitman, Ex-Don of his own crime family and Ex-Dictator of a country; Jackie Estacado is the current wielder of the Darkness, an ancient force belonging to the triad of power encompassing the Darkness, the Witchblade, and the Angelus.

Top Cow's "The Darkness #78" Advance Preview And Review

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Good old Top Cow! They gave me the opportunity of checking out their latest comic, "The Darkness #78," before it comes out in stores tomorrow! I'd say that's very sweet of them. I had all sorts of nice things to say about this issue, which is why I recommend that you pick it up. Are you looking forward to the issue? Have you been following this story?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Should I try Top Cow comics....time to ponder that question.

SirSparkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SirSparkington

I haven't read the Darkness, but I really enjoyed the video game and its story. Perhaps I will check this out.

Also, ether my speakers really suck or you need to speak a bit louder Babs. 

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By No_Name_
    @SirSparkington said:
    " I haven't read the Darkness, but I really enjoyed the video game and its story. Perhaps I will check this out. Also, ether my speakers really suck or you need to speak a bit louder Babs.  "
    Thanks for the heads up. I think it's my mic, actually!
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By VicRattlehead

yay a darkness review :D:D
    been loving this series so far really glad the darklings are back to add a bit of humor...
    cant wait to get this issue on thursday

Damn Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Damn Mac

Phil Hester was great when he wrote Green Arrow. I might be wrong on this but I would like to see The Darkness in different attire. It seems like he (other than attitude) really hasn't change for a long time. Or is this the beginning of an overall change of this character.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Nahero

yay a darkness issue awesomeness

and babs there called darklings

Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Obsurity

I need to stop watching these reviews y'all keep on adding titles for me to buy.... :) I was a big fan of the Darkness when it first came out. I like Jackie almost more than the darkness itself. Jackie has been a douche bag for most of the series but it may be nice to see him change. I kinda fell out of it after the first born series because I couldn't get past the artwork. I may have to pick this up. Great review

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By pixelized

Top Cow has dropped the ball, Darkness has been lame for the past 3 issues and Witchblade has been lame since they started their "war"

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By No_Name_
    @pixelized said:
    " Top Cow has dropped the ball, Darkness has been lame for the past 3 issues and Witchblade has been lame since they started their "war" "
    I personally enjoyed it a lot, I guess we just have different tastes in comic books! :)

@Damn Mac said:
    "

Phil Hester was great when he wrote Green Arrow. I might be wrong on this but I would like to see The Darkness in different attire. It seems like he (other than attitude) really hasn't change for a long time. Or is this the beginning of an overall change of this character.

"
    The writing overshadowed the art work in this for me. Usually that's the first thing I talk about, but I found that the action was so well intertwined with the narrative, that everything just seemed to flow effortlessly, and I loved that. Don't get me wrong, the art work was incredible; but the writing made me just want to get to the next page.

@Obsurity said:
    " I need to stop watching these reviews y'all keep on adding titles for me to buy.... :) I was a big fan of the Darkness when it first came out. I like Jackie almost more than the darkness itself. Jackie has been a douche bag for most of the series but it may be nice to see him change. I kinda fell out of it after the first born series because I couldn't get past the artwork. I may have to pick this up. Great review "

I know! It's really easy for me to say "go out and get this" but I completely understand if things get to be too expensive. However, I really feel as though there is at least one Marvel title you can drop to pick this up. (If you read Marvel). I feel like this is so much better than half of the X-titles out right now.
    Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
    Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By Obsurity
    @Babs:
    Yeah I'm picking this issue up. I haven't paid too much attention to Marvel's X-titles. I agree they have been pretty bad. I'm reading pretty much all the "Diet" Batman titles though.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Media_Master

sounds alright

Pheeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pheeke

great jumping on point... maybe i should jump on :)

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bruce Vain

Awesome definitely will be picking this up. I'm a big fan of The Darkness/Jackie. Thanks Babs

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.