Follow

Jackie Estacado

Character » Jackie Estacado appears in 471 issues.

Ex-Mafia hitman, Ex-Don of his own crime family and Ex-Dictator of a country; Jackie Estacado is the current wielder of the Darkness, an ancient force belonging to the triad of power encompassing the Darkness, the Witchblade, and the Angelus.

I really don't get it...

bayern65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bayern65

Ok, first of all, all this darkness-passing stuff was just never meant to fit right... don't get me wrong i love the comics, but "you-die-when-you-conceive" its kinda stupid... what if the unborn baby dies? or if right after semen enters the darkness wielder dies... sometimes fecundation doesn't happens, right? anyway...
    In the volume #, issue 36, things get really confusing for me... when jackie sees his father being shot to death, darkness just had abandom him... WHY? because jackie and his sister werebeing born?? all this time we are told that they die at conception and Jackies father is left behind by darkness? when he asks ripclaw he just transfers him to his mom nursery with no explanation... he just appears back at the moment of his birth.

My questions are: why did the darkness left Jackies father body? because he was being born?? and if its that way, why did that happened? why he didn't died the second jackie was conceived?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: better grammar, I'm not an english speaker.

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ladydeath
    bayern65 said:
    "Ok, first of all, all this darkness-passing stuff was just never meant to fit right... don't get me wrong i love the comics, but "you-die-when-you-conceive" its kinda stupid... what if the unborn baby dies? or if right after semen enters the darkness wielder dies... sometimes fecundation doesn't happens, right? anyway...
    In the volume #, issue 36, things get really confusing for me... when jackie sees his father being shot to death, darkness just had abandom him... WHY? because jackie and his sister werebeing born?? all this time we are told that they die at conception and Jackies father is left behind by darkness? when he asks ripclaw he just transfers him to his mom nursery with no explanation... he just appears back at the moment of his birth.

My questions are: why did the darkness left Jackies father body? because he was being born?? and if its that way, why did that happened? why he didn't died the second jackie was conceived?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: better grammar, I'm not an english speaker."

Different writers take over and the character's little twist change.  That is all I can say about that. 
    Baal Zak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Baal Zak

Jackie's dad died because he was no longer protected by the Darkness. At that moment, it was in Jackie's body, fetus, whatever.  The original idea was that the bearer of the Darkness would die in the exact moment of conception but like ladydeath told you, the concept changed a little and each writer took some liberties with it.

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ladydeath
    Baal Zak said:
    "Jackie's dad died because he was no longer protected by the Darkness. At that moment, it was in Jackie's body, fetus, whatever.  The original idea was that the bearer of the Darkness would die in the exact moment of conception but like ladydeath told you, the concept changed a little and each writer took some liberties with it."

Different twist for each writer.  lol!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.