Follow

Jack Kirby

Person » Jack Kirby is credited in 3373 issues.

One of the medium's most prolific artistic legends, Jack Kirby, "The King of Comics," was an artist, writer, and editor whose work spanned the Golden, Silver, Bronze and Modern ages of comics. Kirby created and co-created a multitude of Marvel and DC's most popular characters and many others, too. Kirby was one of the most respected artists of his time (though he didn't have personal knowledge of that, until later on), and remains so today.

Jack speaks?

Avatar image for ho_chi_and_the_men
    Ho Chi and The Men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ears ago, I heard Jack give a talk at a convention/get-together of animators. There is no way I can duplicate his –– his thought pattern, I guess –– but it was an adventure. Like all adventures it wasn't easy. He took the audience on a trip that had no real beginning or end. Of course, he talked about comics, but in no coherent way. I guess it was stream of conscious for the want of a better discription. We traveled through time, space, history, a whiff of psychiatry and a touch of sociology –– sociology of the past, present and future. The only reason that I take up your time with this is,when Jack was finished in some twisted, tortured, subliminal way, he wraped it all up and left us knowing more about comics than before: why they exist, what they are and how to do them.

He is a legend in the field, and if you listen, and look, hard enough you will hear and see the call and vision of something very old and very important.

Black Smile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Black Smile

dude deep how much acid did you do today? lol JK

cool man

Ho Chi and The Men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, Black Smile

No acid, but plenty of flashbacks.

Ho Chi

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Apparition

i wish i was there that sounds fascinating

Ho Chi and The Men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, Apparition

I read your bio. You sound like a formidable lass. I am new to Comicvine and also new to having an alter-ego. So far this seems like a lot of fun. If you have any tips on any of this stuff, please share. I keep being asked to declare myself either good or evil. I get the idea that there is some serious cosmic game going on, besides the scary one in the reality outside these pages. Anything you can pass on, I'll appreciate.

Ho Chi (The Men are occupied with heavy matters)

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By zero edge

Hello Ho Chi, and welcome to the vine.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GL Bertron

Hey Ho Chi, nice to meet you. I love what you have here. Jack Kirby is one of those guys in every article you read about him, people are amazed. Glad to hear you had the chance to hear from him, I wish I could have been there to hear it to by the sounds of it.

General Ursus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By General Ursus

Jack Kirby - Kabbalist is what interests me personally the most. I love his work, but the Kabbala lurks within the finest efforts he made, and the whole inner meaning of a "Fourth World" - and where that term in particular originates - adds a new dimension (literally) to sequential art.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.