After Brian Michael Bendis is done with Iron Man (which I hope will happen very soon), who'd you prefer to be the brand new writer for solo Iron Man series? Thus far I have only two picks for that.
I think his Batman stuff is amazing, but what really made me fell in love with his writing talent was his Vertigo book called Sheriff of Babylon, which was based of his personal experiences when he was working for CIA. If he can apply same writing style for Iron Man books, I think he can bring back that certain level of realism and grittiness that was missing in recent Iron Man books.
Yeah, I know that he's probably not a Marvel fan, doesn't know that much about Iron Man, and he grew up mostly with DC stuff - but hey, he likes writing dark, mature stories, and Iron Man was created so that people can tell dark stories in his comics. Besides, Bendis was claiming that he's been a fan of Shell-Head since forever, and look how that turned out, huh.
When the new writer comes around (even if it's not one of these guys), these are the five things that I want to see/read:
1. Bring back humorless Tony Stark. (Not a fan of hyperbolic and eccentric Stark that cracks one-liners every second.)
2. Bring back classic/old-school villains. (You know who I'm talking about, Marvel.)
3. Make stories more action-driven and more engaging.
4. Make stories more darker. (Iron Man's been around for five decades, and for the majority of his existence he's been portrayed as a dark character who goes through dark paths.)
5. NO. MORE. PANDERING. TO. MOVIES. (Time to stop it, Marvel. Stop making comics feel like movies in the way suits are designed and how characters are acting - it won't help the sales. It only hurts them.)
ENOUGH OF THIS!