Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11191 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Whats With This New Armor?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't really read Iron Man solos series so I rarely know what's going on with him. Why did he get rid of the bleeding edge? What was so special about the black & yellow armor? Now whats going on with this new silver armor?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Why do Apple keep bringing out new iPhones?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do Apple keep bringing out new iPhones?

To make money. Tony doesn't make money from his armor

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Thats only part of the reason. But let me rephrase; Why do they keep making them better?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Thats only part of the reason. But let me rephrase; Why do they keep making them better?

I wouldn't call them better. Also this isn't answering my question. I'm trying to figure out whats different about the armors & what makes them better. Bleeding Edge was always on him & he controlled with thought. What did the black & yellow armor do that was better than that? & what does this new silver armor do thats better than the previous two

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I was under the impression that the Bleeding Edge suit also came with some significant drawbacks. That said, Tony keeps modding and improving his suits regardless of how good they are, there is no Ultimate version that cannot be improved until he reaches Thought Robot status.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uugieboogie

@uugieboogie: I was under the impression that the Bleeding Edge suit also came with some significant drawbacks. That said, Tony keeps modding and improving his suits regardless of how good they are, there is no Ultimate version that cannot be improved until he reaches Thought Robot status.

Was there anything special about the one he was wearing recently? Not the silver one

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Not in the sense that it needed it's own story and name. But I assume it was better than the older ones.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@uugieboogie: From what I've read of Marvel Now Iron Man (skipped issues here and there) it's never really explained. But this is the closest I've come.

Although I would assume he's referring to the suit made in Marvel Now Iron Man 1.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: From what I've read of Marvel Now Iron Man (skipped issues here and there) it's never really explained. But this is the closest I've come.

Although I would assume he's referring to the suit made in Marvel Now Iron Man 1.

The Bleeding Edge was dope & versatile. The armors he has now does seem to be a step back

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.