Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

What's That You Say? Crimson Dynamo In Iron Man 2?

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

At least in the video game!

No Caption Provided

Want more Marvel Iron Man 2 teaser images? Wish granted. It looks like Iron Man will be going head to head against Crimson Dynamo in the upcoming Iron Man 2 video game from Marvel and Sega. I admit, that's pretty cool. More importantly though, does that mean there is a chance that we might see a Crimson Dynamo appearance in the Iron Man 2 movie? Back in February of last year, Robert Downey Jr. revealed that Mickey Rourke would not be playing Crimson Dynamo, well not exactly anyway.

When pressed if, instead of Crimson Dynamo, Rourke was up for the role of Whiplash, another potential role...Downey had a more cryptic response.

“I can neither confirm nor deny that,” said Downey. “Or maybe it’s some semblance of both."

Semblance of both makes me a little bit nervous. Just please don't tell me they are going to pull a G.I. Joe.

We got a look at the upcoming Iron Man 2 game trailer being released by Sega a few days ago. Double the ammo, it looks like we'll be able to play as War Machine! Already, this game looks better than it's predecessor, which received an average 1.8/5 user rating over at Giant Bomb. Unfortunately, the quality of videogames that are based on movies are rarely stellar, and I feel like Sega dropped the ball the first time around. The material you get with Iron Man has the ability to make an awesome game, so I am hoping they learned from their mistakes the first time and that they'll do a better job with Iron Man 2. You hear me, Sega? I want more than a  game where you just fly around and shoot stuff, and then fly around some more. 

You guys already saw the teaser trailer with for Sega's Iron Man 2 videogame, but why not check it out again.  
    Notice that about twenty seconds in, you get a glimpse of some red hair. Obviously, that means Black Widow is in the game, but will we be able to play as her character? Do you want to?

While you're at it, check out the first Iron Man 2 video game trailer which features more flying through the air and shooting stuff. 

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Well that's just the video game, Titanium Man appeared alot in the promotions for the first game , but he obviously wasn't in the movie

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By MysterioMaximus

Awe man! For as cool as Whiplash does look, I'd have much rather had Crimson Dynamo as the actual "face-villain" of Iron Man 2. I hear that really movie Whiplash is an amalgam of his comic counterpart and comic Dynamo though, so in a manner of speaking we'll get him on screen. But really I'm just anxious for Mandarin.

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By crimsonspider89

Gonna play devil's advocate 

The armor shown does look similar to the robotic army WM and IM face in the teaser. Could Whiplash have given them the arc reactor technology for his own specially designed suit?

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @crimsonspider89 said:
    "Gonna play devil's advocate   The armor shown does look similar to the robotic army WM and IM face in the teaser. Could Whiplash have given them the arc reactor technology for his own specially designed suit? "
    Well...like I said, apparently movie Whiplash was combined with Crimson Dynamo, so I'd say it's possible, for sure.
    mystery997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mystery997

Well i think Crimson Dynamo is a much better hero for the game but what  their trying to do in the movie is not make the villain a armored one that canbeat tony beacause of his lac of experience so farin the game many things go alot of villains mainly machines are the enemy which it ironic if you think about it. But yea putting IRon man against one of his most equaly powered villains is good because it will be a challenge in the game and hopefully bring they bring more hard characters in the game the just Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash. Hopefully more of his big time vilains will be seen im hoping for a mandarin, a modok 
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bandito

Wouldn't Iron Man fighting Crimson Dynamo in Iron Man 2 look a lot like Iron Man fighting the Iron Monger in the first movie? 

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By mavfan626

i dont think Crimson Dynamo is gonna be in movie but i do think they will have someone besides whiplash

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By Moomin123

Dynamo looks amazing, it makes me wanna buy the game.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By goldenkey

Its a combo in the senese of Whiplash being a Russian.
    Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By They Killed Cap!

that would be sweeeet if crimson dynamo was in the movie.
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bandito
    @mavfan626 said:
    " i dont think Crimson Dynamo is gonna be in movie but i do think they will have someone besides whiplash "
    Black Widow, Justin Hammer, War Machine, an army of drones for Tony and Rhodey to blow the crap out of--what else are you expecting?
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bandito
    @They Killed Cap! said:
    " that would be sweeeet if crimson dynamo was in the movie. "
    Why?  What does Crimson Dynamo bring to a movie that War Monger didn't bring to the first movie?
    grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By grimreaper1980

what kind of player is this, cause it doesn't show anything

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant see why not, at least as a combatant. the trailer for the movie shows Iron Man and War Machine fighting a ton
    of retrograded armored guys, a few being clones of Iron Monger.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#15  Edited By No_Name_
    @grimreaper1980 said:
    " what kind of player is this, cause it doesn't show anything "
    What kind of browser are you using?
    TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheBug

I would not get too excited, superhero movie games usually have extra villians.  

Superman Returns Game was cooler than movie.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Seeing how bad the first game was. I'm hardly thrilled to even try this one. Most of these movie based games are pretty lame. It just strikes as as odd how these games are often released before the movie and their story roughly follows the movie's plot. They normally have the same ending. They are just promotional items and the creators aren't given much of a budget or room to really try anything drastic.

There could be room for improvement. The game based on the first Spider-man movie was horrid, but the sequel was pretty good. It was the first time a game really let you swing around town like Spider-man. The Ultimate Spider-man game was a lot of fun. Spider-man Web of Shadows....not so much.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FoxxFireArt: 
    im of the same exact opinion, and looking at trailers of it it looks to have the same gameplay as the former flop.
    Lydian Sel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lydian Sel

It is a video game of a movie property... Enough Said!

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mavfan626
    @Bandito said:
    " @mavfan626 said:
    " i dont think Crimson Dynamo is gonna be in movie but i do think they will have someone besides whiplash "
    Black Widow, Justin Hammer, War Machine, an army of drones for Tony and Rhodey to blow the crap out of--what else are you expecting? "

I was talk about the bad guy for the film
    Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Yung ANcient One

i really wanted to se Crymson Dynamo... maybe those are drones of Crymson Dynamos on the film

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gregomasta

its a movie video game.

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BatDance
    @Yung ANcient One said:
    " i really wanted to se Crymson Dynamo... maybe those are drones of Crymson Dynamos on the film "
    I think the Russians will get their hands on Stark tech

I haven't read any spoilers for the movie, just speculating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 123422

Looks about the same, but i'm still confident this one's gonna be better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.