Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

War Machine on Special FX and Future Projects

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided

Cheadle as Rhodes
     Cheadle as Rhodes
    Mtv News had a sit down with Iron Man 2 co-star Don Cheadle to talk about some of the aspects of Iron Man 2. Cheadle plays James Rhodes, friend of Tony Stark, who eventually becomes the hero War Machine. Cheadle states that one production aspect movie goers might not think about as much is the CGI and how it is put together. 

It's really an interesting thing to see how they put it together. It's the motion-capture suit and the stuntmen and then you, and the animation, the pure CGI, and somewhere between those four elements there's a composite character that comes out. I think my CGI character works as much as I did.    

Maybe the viewers will see something on the DVD release in relation to that. One question that is on many people's minds, however, is if Cheadle will be in the upcoming Avengers film.  

According to Cheadle, he's signed to a multi-film contract, but he's not certain exactly where that will bring the character.  

Not for sure news regarding the Avengers, but this means moviegoers will be seeing War Machine in more than one film. Maybe a spin-off? 

What do you guys think? What other War Machine projects could be plausible? 

~ Mat Elfring (InferiorEgo) is a comedian, teacher, comic store employee, and acomic book writer.  ~         
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Maybe if the avengers is succesful enough We'll get east coast and west coast and maybe some defenders!

btw I count 5 Iron Mongers in that pic.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
    "  I count 5 Iron Mongers in that pic. "
    Good eye!
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!
    @inferiorego said:
    " @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
    "  I count 5 Iron Mongers in that pic. "
    Good eye! "
    and in the trailer, there's WAAAAY more than that
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By skaarason
    @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!:  ya like a whole army of them !!!
    simsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By simsey

i think its good that there gon be in more then one movie but in an avengers movie i cant see it least til we know whats happening wit hawkeye,pym,wasp but if he is in avengers i'd said it would be somthing to the degree of him reporting somthing back to iron man e.g war machine is gettin the crap beat out of him n he calls in back up but dats still years off imo tho
    MikeIsrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MikeIsrael

I would love to put on some muscle with Cheadle so he can look like Rodey from the comic book!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.