Should Doctor Doom be an Iron Man villain instead of being the villain of Fantastic Four?

#1 Posted by Ganstaz003 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it makes more sense to me if Doctor Doom becomes Iron man's villain. This is because, I Feel like they have more in common. Both use exoskeleton armors, both are technological geniuses, both are pretty egocentric and narcissist in their own ways etc.

I also personally think it would be better if Fantastic Four had a different villain instead of Doctor Doom.

#2 Posted by RabumAlal (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganstaz003: You are right about FF needing another villain to focus on but Doom is their Joker or Goblin. They also need to come back to comics so there's that.

IM is a boring-ass character. Reed and Victor rivalry is a defining trait for Doom.

#3 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganstaz003: I think they need Doom as the main villain due to both of Doom and Reed's prep abilities. Doctor Doom actually outclasses Iron man when it comes to prep and fighting each other. How would Iron man stand up to him when Reed (smartest guy/best prep paster) with the entire FF have trouble with him?

#4 Posted by Noone1996 (12163 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I do think he'd make a good villain. They can both get the best of each other.

No Caption Provided

#5 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be a villain of the entire MU

#6 Edited by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

IM has plenty of villains that need more exposure. Mandarin, Dynamo, Living Laser, Madame Masque, etc hell if they're feeling gutsy they could have a Soviet controlled Black Widow antagonize him for a few secs

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#7 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP FF

#8 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom curbstomps Iron man. It makes sense having the two smartest/best preppers on marvel earth battling it out. Makes sense to keep him a FF villain mainly due to Reed.

I think it makes more sense to me if Doctor Doom becomes Iron man's villain. This is because, I Feel like they have more in common. Both use exoskeleton armors, both are technological geniuses, both are pretty egocentric and narcissist in their own ways etc.

I also personally think it would be better if Fantastic Four had a different villain instead of Doctor Doom.

This is all true but the problem is that doom exceeds him in all those categories, his armor and tech is better, intelligence is much superior (Doom is second smartest on earth while iron man is 5th smartest), and then doom is even MORE egocentric and more narcissist as well. Basically exceeds IM in all the categories to an extreme.

#9 Posted by Ganstaz003 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest:

This is all true but the problem is that doom exceeds him in all those categories, his armor and tech is better, intelligence is much superior (Doom is second smartest on earth while iron man is 5th smartest), and then doom is even MORE egocentric and more narcissist as well. Basically exceeds IM in all the categories to an extreme.

I kinda see it now. At the time, I thought it'd be a good idea to have both Tony Stark and Victor Von Doom as rivals. However, I now realize that it's an absolute epic mismatch in astronomically epic proportions.

Tony Stark would be lucky to even exist in the same multiverse if Doom was his villain.

#10 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with him being the main villain of all of Marvel, along with Thanos, Galactus, etc...

But he always needs to be Reed's rival, not Tony's.

#11 Edited by Invain (5150 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom has always been used by everybody. He has primarily been a Fantastic Four villian, but he has also fought the X-Men, Spider-Man, and the Avengers many times.

#12 Edited by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganstaz003 said:

@whoisthebest:

I kinda see it now. At the time, I thought it'd be a good idea to have both Tony Stark and Victor Von Doom as rivals. However, I now realize that it's an absolute epic mismatch in astronomically epic proportions.

Tony Stark would be lucky to even exist in the same multiverse if Doom was his villain.

Agreed mate, he needs to be Reeds rival primarily since they are both the two smartest on Marvel Earth, and basically battling each other for that top spot constantly.

And as others have mentioned, Doom basically already is an avengers villain as well, he is not just a FF villain. He actually built his own version of the DESTROYER armor, and powered it using some Asgardians he was able to kill (although not Thor level Asgardians of course). His suit was beat by Thor but he built it all himself, vs. with Ironman's Thorbuster suit, Doom actually ADVISED Iron man on how to build it and told him to use the Asgardian crystal which Thor gifted to him for it. Both suits were destroyed using Thor's melee attacks, but the point is, Doom built a suit that went up vs. Thor using strictly his own abilities, intellect, and skills, while Iron man needed his own intellect and skills but in addition to that also needed help from Dr. Doom and in addition to that needed to be given a super powered crystal from Thor himself. That really shows you how superior Doom is battlewise/feat wise and intelligence and etc.

#13 Posted by ZhangThong12 (237 posts) - - Show Bio

Why Doctor Doom has to be the arch-villain of Iron Man? What is wrong with this guy?:

No Caption Provided

#14 Posted by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by g2_ (11999 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom curbstomps Iron man. It makes sense having the two smartest/best preppers on marvel earth battling it out. Makes sense to keep him a FF villain mainly due to Reed.

Doom doesn't curb stomps Iron Man without magic, with, he does.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.