Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Robert Downeyless Iron Man 4

dodirty31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Edited By dodirty31

Robert Downey Jr. has said that he is not interested in another Iron Man solo movie, so i was wanting to throw out a hopeful plot of my own. Harley Keener played by Ty Simpkins could become his predecessor. I know obviously there is none in the comics, but as far as the movies go its gonna be pretty hard to replace RDJ. Not to mention his relationship with Pepper also isn't in it. I'm sure they can talk him into one last movie for this. So call the movie like Iron Man: New Age.

So the kid is 18 in like 2018-19 something like that and comes to New York for an internship at Stark Industries. Tony sees him and is like don't i know you and after some banter Tony makes him his personal assistant. later on Tony comes and Pepper is sitting there and she is like Tony i'm pregnant. Celebrate... then Tony glances over at his suit. Next day Tony is staring at his suits and Harley walks in for a day of work. Eagerly walking up to Tony he jests about whether he added the reflector panels. Tony looks over at him and says want to try one on, yea try one on and sends the suit onto Harley. Harley tries to take off and stumbles taking off hitting a few things. Stark blandly asks him you want to be Iron Man. Then tells Harley the news about Pep.

..... then training, badies, and so on. Now you have an Iron Man for many years to come without having to make a Complete Reboot.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

They'll just recast him. Characters are bigger than any actor or actress, much as people's devotion would have them think otherwise.

No one is irreplaceable.

dodirty31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea i know, comic fans will still come watch but without a type of transition the common public will drop in attendance. Plus i don't want it to become a fiasco like some of the batman changes, but then again the are like 8 James Bond's.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I think there is more than 8 lol.

Doctor Who is another example, though I'm not a fan of the franchise.

I don't see a Batman fiasco. Its still Batman. People will see him because he's Batman.

dodirty31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When i say that i am talking about the Batman & Robin movie. I just think that they have a good prestige right now and can build off of it. Even though they did ruin the Mandarin.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@theacidskull said:

@fallschirmjager said:

They'll just recast him. Characters are bigger than any actor or actress, much as people's devotion would have them think otherwise.

No one is irreplaceable.

They won't in this case. Edward norton, though a well-known actor, stared in a movie which didn't really pull of a good score money-wise, so it was easy to recast him. Robert Downey has starred in 4 films already he is viewed as the face of Iron man, they will either kill him off in Avengers 2 or talk him into another movie and kill him off there.

Even if they recast him, the outrage will be crazy.

if Batman and Superman can be recast multiple times, Iron Man can too.

Spider-Man has been recast. Professor X and Magneto (even though the originals are still playing) have also been portrayed by another actor.

RDJ isn't irreplaceable.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Yes it was, the 4 Batman movies were all canon. And they had 3 different dudes. The movie sucking had rarely to do with the recast itself. Val was actually better than Keaten IMO. Clooney sucked.

They will be though and no one will bat an eye.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@theacidskull: Yes it was, the 4 Batman movies were all canon. And they had 3 different dudes. The movie sucking had rarely to do with the recast itself. Val was actually better than Keaten IMO. Clooney sucked.

They will be though and no one will bat an eye.

I thought I was the only one. Val has the worst Batsuit though.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I dont' agree whatsoever.

A lot of people think IM3 is good because they don't know better.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I've heard the exact opposite.

TV stars don't have the same power they did 20 years ago. People don't go to see movie stars anymore, they go to see movies. There's been lots of movies with huge names attached to them that flop all the time recently.,

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

They'll just recast him. Fans, both hardcore and casual, will whine and complain and claim that the new actor sucks, but ultimately will accept him and move on. :)

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Don't think he's gonna.

RDJ wants to be more than Iron Man now that he has a career again. At least until he fails at that and has to go back (there's been a lot of that too recently heh)

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No one is irreplaceable.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I'm kinda hoping that if RDJ doesn't come back that they kill Tony and let Rhodey become the new Iron Man

dodirty31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can always just pull a spin off like they said they might do with Gambit, after X-Men Apocalypse. Then just have an Iron Patriot or War Machine Movie.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give him enough money and he'll coming running back.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

No one is irreplaceable.

I disagree.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Arno Stark will take over in the movies and the comics!!!!!

ironknight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RDJ is a great actor for iron man and I can't really think of anyone else for the role but RDJ is not Tony stark, even despite him being the face of the character. They have and batman been recast without killing having character off, so I doubt they'll do that with Tony. It might be weird at first but people will get over it.

The actors and actresses cast are not as big as the characters they play.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Noone301994
    Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.