Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11197 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Robert Downey Jr Extends Iron Contract

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Rust in Site

Cheers!
    Cheers!
    I'll admit I debated whether or not to post this yesterday.  It's what we all figured would happen.  I guess it just wasn't officially confirmed until now.  Robert Downey Jr will return to the armor in Iron Man 2, set to be released on May 7, 2010.  Marvel's officially confirmed that Don Cheadle is replacing Terrence Howard as Rhodey.  They've also announced that Cheadle will be in The Avengers along with Downey Jr, set to be released on July 15, 2011.  There obviously isn't any specifics on either film.  No idea how large a role Cheadle/Rhodey/War Machine will have in Avengers.  We also can expect Iron Man 3 sometime after.

In other news, Jon Favreau has been announced as being an executive producer on The Avengers.  Maybe he won't be directing but I'm happy he'll be there to make sure things don't...suck.  I've also heard that perhaps the Hulk will not be the villain in the Avengers.  They're supposed to be uniting to face the "biggest opponent they've ever faced" or something like that.  I do wonder who could be a big enough villain that would work in a live action film.  I can't see the movie-going audience accepting someone like Kang, unless they drastically changed his look.  You have to keep in mind that the studios aren't just making these movies for us comic fans, they're also trying to appeal to the (crazy) non-comic book readers.  And what looks or sounds good in a comic may not exactly translate well in a live-action film.  Loki is a contender being that he was involved with the Avengers forming in the comics.  But I just don't see him as being a huge bad-ass villain.  Maybe Ultron?  Guess  we'll have to wait and see.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.