Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

My problem with iron man villains

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

THEY RARELY SHOW UP.

Even tho iron man is supposed to be a really popular character and avenger barely any of his villains show up in avengers comics or cartoons. He’ll they rarely if not never show up in other characters comics which they need to do more. Anyway Out of hulk, Thor, cap and iron man we mainly see Thor mythos, ( the most) then hulk and cap( interchangeable) and then iron mans ( basically never)

This is not to say they don’t show up but they rarely show up and when they do they don’t leave really any major impression.

Now my biggest problem is the fact manderin never shows up even tho he is iron man main villain. And the thing is it’s actually really easy for him to show up and be a threat. Have him fight the avengers with all the rings.

They get their ass handed to them like usual fight fight fight they win easy. I don’t understand why they never utilize such a character who is tony most popular villain.

And if the whole avengers don’t fight him just make a solo episode with iron man alongside another avenger like cap fight the mandarin with red skull or just mandarin. And no not just one appearance at least three or four.

And as I said have manderin show up in avengers comics and in other characters comics.

Tem Borjigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd like to see The Mandarin battle the Avengers, though I prefer that he do it with schemes rather than the rings. The rings shouldn't be a team-wrecker threat. He's not some boring herald of Galactus. He's a multilayered planner and conqueror with money, political power, a wide variety of tech like the Dragon of Heaven, and mundane armies.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
    deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Most of his villains like Blizzard,Whiplash,Melter or unicorn are just so weak compared to him nowadays that they would get defeated easily which is why they rarely show up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001 said:

Most of his villains like Blizzard,Whiplash,Melter or unicorn are just so weak compared to him nowadays that they would get defeated easily which is why they rarely show up.

They need to be revamped for the modern age, i think Matt Fraction tried to do that tho.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: Those designs are pretty terrible though, I would prefer if they amped there powers more instead of there design because some of them have nice designs. Crimson Dynamo, Blizzard, Unicorn etc

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THEY RARELY SHOW UP.

Even tho iron man is supposed to be a really popular character and avenger barely any of his villains show up in avengers comics or cartoons. He’ll they rarely if not never show up in other characters comics which they need to do more. Anyway Out of hulk, Thor, cap and iron man we mainly see Thor mythos, ( the most) then hulk and cap( interchangeable) and then iron mans ( basically never)

How often do you see Hulk villains show up as Avenger's villains? You see Thor villains and Cap villains a lot, but Hulk? Maybe Abomination or Absorbing Man (whose just as much a Thor villain) show up as a member of the Masters of Evil, but that's about it really.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: Not sure, what I meant was most of Iron mans villains are kinda weak compared to him nowadays (Titanium man got one shotted by Iron man in one of his upgraded armours) and guys like Melter and Blizzard just aren't comparable to him anymore.

There designs are good but power wise they need a upgrade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: A increase in there power that makes them a actual threat to Tony, not just some 'filler' villain who is defeated by Iron man with one punch. Guys like Blizzard could perhaps become more like Weather Wizard in power.

They could maybe give them new suits, but I quite like most of the designs really its just a power upgrade I would want (Similar to say, how Electro got stronger over time and received upgrades).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcandmarvelcomicfan said:

@noobmaster2001: Most heroes new their villains power increase tbh, Hulk, Thor, Wonder Woman, Superman, iron man, etc all have villains that are weak compare to the heroes now, most of those villains have been around since the 70s

I don't disagree, but most of these guys don't have great rogues galleys such as Wonder Woman and Hulk aside from a few good villains and most of them aren't really threats anymore.

I know its not just Iron man villains that need upgrades but still.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@dcandmarvelcomicfan said:

@noobmaster2001: Most heroes need their villains power increase tbh, Hulk, Thor, Wonder Woman, Superman, iron man, etc all have villains that are weak compare to the heroes now, most of those villains have been around since the 70s

I don't think I'd include Thor in that list. Sure some of his older villains like Ulik and the Wrecker are pretty much non-threats these days. But guys like Loki and Enchantress have pretty much kept up with him. Then there's the list of dudes like Mangog, Surtur, and Gorr that are actually way more powerful then him.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimo just showed up in Force Works #2 (2020). But yeah it's a shame that they aren't shown more. A lot of them would be Avengers level threats with prep or scheming. Especially the Mandarin. Although they do show up a lot more than you give the writers credit for. The Controller solo'd the Avengers after getting a tech upgrade from Thanos. He's also shown up in Heroes for Hire, Namor, Captain Marvel, etc. The Living Laser has been a pretty consistent Avengers villain too as he's fought them several times. He's been in Quasar's book. Blizzard basically solo'd the New Warriors in their own book. Also been in Thunderbolts. Fin Fang Foom shows up all the time in other books (Drax, Hulk, Fantastic Four, Monsters Unleashed, etc.). Ghost has shown up in Thunderbolts, Punisher, Spider-Man, Black Panther, etc. Whiplash is shown constantly too, but he's usually portrayed as fodder. Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man are also constantly shown as well. They are in Winter Guard, Hulk books, Champions, Avengers stories, etc. The Mandarin has been a threat to the Avengers before (and showed up several times in Avengers volume 1), Inhumans, two issues of the Hulk, a few issues of the X-Men, Force Works, Cable, etc.

You don't have long drawn out and popular stories with any of Iron Man villains like they are Ultron or something, but Tony's villains do show up a lot. I do agree and would like it if they showed up more though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.