Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Most Powerful Marvel Character Iron Man can beat?

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Adriusus

Who do you think is the most powerful Marvel character that 616 Iron Man can beat? No prep, no BFR, random encounter. Stark is on Bleeding Edge Armor.

Round 1: Regular fight (no restrictions)

Round 2: No gadgets allowed for Stark. Iron Man can only use shielding, repulsors and/or H2H.

Round 3: No gadgets allowed for Stark, but shielding is still allowed. No flight. Iron Man can only use shielding, repulsors and/or H2H.

Round 4: No flight. H2H only.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Adriusus

Callouts:

@krleavenger: @noone1996@supremegeneration @amazingfantasy @tantani @g2_ @thor_parker82 @monsterstomp @jokerpoker @tony_shark @time_and_power

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@adriusus said:

Magneto I gess but if he gets lucky enough he can cut of the head of characters more powerful than him like Thor using repulsor blade. However that wont happen but if he gets lucky he could beat Thor.

Round 2: No gadgets allowed for Stark. Iron Man can only use repulsors and/or H2H.

I have no idea.

Round 3: No gadgets allowed for Stark, No flight. Iron Man can only use repulsors and/or H2H.

I gess he can't amp himself using gravitational pull like he did with Magneto. No idea.

I don't know. A lot of characters would stomp him yet other characters would get stomped by him.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Thanos. If he can one shot Hulk in the older armor, he will have a good fight with Thanos and might beat him.

Round 2: No gadgets allowed for Stark. Iron Man can only use repulsors and/or H2H.

Hulk.

Round 3: No gadgets allowed for Stark, No flight. Iron Man can only use repulsors and/or H2H.

War Machine.

Captain America.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: That's what I think.

Thanos. If he can one shot Hulk in the older armor, he will have a good fight with Thanos and might beat him.

Hulk.

War Machine.

Captain America.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: Why are you asking me? You want my opinion?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: So you want to see what I think about it?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: Come on, Iron Man can´t beat Hulk, let alone Thanos, and that one shot you talk about, Stark almost got himself killed in trying to beat Hulk.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

@g2_: Come on, Iron Man can´t beat Hulk, let alone Thanos,

To be fair he can beat Hulk with prep (but prep is not allowed here).

and that one shot you talk about, Stark almost got himself killed in trying to beat Hulk.

So you have a guy who almost died while KOing another guy who was pissed off yes but was also weakened. Seems like stalemate or Hulk having the edge. Although his new armors will hold much much better, Hulk also gained an upgrade.

Also are you aware that g2 is just joking?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KrleAvenger

@g2_ said:

No way he is beating Thanos. He will get lolstomped by Thanos. He KOed the Hulk who was pissed of but weakened at the same time and Stark almost died. Tony has way more powerful armors now but no way he's beating Thanos.

Hulk.

If that is Pre-Core Breach than maybe Bleeding Edge nad Endo Sym could but Post-Core Breach no way.

War Machine.

They are stronger characters than War Machine Iron-man could beat even under these limitations.

Captain America.

So only hand to hand he can't beat anyone stronger than Cap? Please come on man. Here is the list of strong characters he can beat hand to hand.

• She-Hulk.
    • Red She-Hulk.
    • Thing.
    • Namor.
    • Colossus.
    • War Machine.
    • Ms. Marvel.
    • A handful of characters.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By g2_
    KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Adriusus

@whoisthebest: LOL, I am not joking, Why do you hate Iron Man so much?

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest: Based on Bleeding Edge feats, I do argue he can beat them. Iron Man can trap and manhandle Apocalypse in a shield and later blast him with mountain level repulsors. But let me tell you why he can beat Hercules, Doctor Doom, and Nova:

One-shots Terminus. He also literally kills him.

Want to see how durable he is? Here you go:

Terminus tanks hits from Classic Thor.

Even if En Sabah Nur hitted Iron Man, Tony is definitely not going to get oneshotted:

Scan 1: Tanks 170 tons dropped on him from Magneto; Scan 2: Shrugs a heat vision hit from Gladiator; Scan 3: Tanks hits on amped Worthy Grey Gargoyle (Normal Grey Gargoyle is already on Thor levels on power).

Want proof at Grey Gargoyle being already par on Thor?:

He made Thor bleed and he is shown tanking hits from him. Not only that he does that, he also turned Thor into a stone.

Yet, while amped, Iron Man was still able to tank hits from him. It shows that Stark can severely injure and wound him with his energy blade:

No Caption Provided

This is enough for him to beat Apocalypse, in an extremely close fight.

Next up:

Scan 1: Can detect magical energy. Also reveal their identities and occupation; Scan 2: Can regenerate very fast after being destroyed by Scarlet Witch.

With the first scan, good luck Dr. Doom hitting Iron Man. He can beat Extremis Iron Man, but in Bleeding Edge, Tony takes the majority, he can set up shields. Dr. Doom vs. Iron Man in many, many years ago was never a stomp in Doom's favor, so I'd argue Stark can beat him. If incase you think this is not allowed in OP (that I made), shield is allowed. "No gadgets" mean no sonics, no tasers etc. I'll edit the OP to make it less confusing. By the way, he has shielded from Final Form Ultron:

No Caption Provided

Not to mention in Tony's classic days he is capable of harming Hercules, plus he is faster and can fly, Hercules can't. Remember, Iron Man has an EXTREME advantage to those opponents that can't fly. Bleeding Edge is WAY stronger than the classic suit. Iron Man in a weaker ANAD armor can block a punch from Nova. I am not going to reply to prep part for now. It's irrelevant to this thread.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adriusus: Don't debate with him. He is the troll.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I know, and BTW, is my scans and points okay? Do you agree with post No. 17?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adriusus: What Nova? Richard Rider or Sam Alexander?

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adriusus: I'm not sure for Apocalypse. A guy still has Celestial Armor and totally destroyed Thor without Mjolnir. Not sure I have to think about it. I agree for Hercules.

I don't know for Richards. He is fast, durable and is energy manipulation. He is not the strongest guy in the world so I don't know who woudl win if only hand to hand.

I can't agree with Doom. His tech is almost as advanced and he is better tactician, better fighter, more inteligent, smarter and his magic is way to powerful.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^^^^^^^^

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Storm, since she fry his synapses. LOL!

OT: Colossus, Namor and Thing

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Does Tony have the same Bleeding Edge tech currently? Something better or maybe less OP’d?

Also, does this mean without prep his high tier but not near the likes of Thor or Silver Surfer?

With prep, would he be able to take them? I know he’s not Reed or Doom level (stupid/ridiculously good with prep)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.