Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron-man's Repulsors.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#1  Edited By KrleAvenger

So the thing I wanted to do here is ask you some questions about Iron-man's Repulsors.

No Caption Provided

Repulsors are Iron-man's trade mark and most iconic weapon, like Spider-man's Webb and Thor's Lightning. They are blasts of energy that are fired from Iron-man's Repulsor Tech Notes on his palms and are actually light projections rather then pure laser blasts. They are powered by Repulsor Tech Note or as how people know it from MCU, the arc reactor, Electro Magnet on chest of Tony's body and armor itself. If the suit loses its power, repulsors could not be fired or would be so weak that they could only hurt Superhumans with low-level durability. At full power they are really effective. There are other types of Repulsor Blasts, like Jet Boosters which allow Iron-man to fly (they are not used to fire ligh projections but they can be used in combat) and Uni-Beam which is chest beam that can destroy anything on its path. When Iron-man abosrbs energy to boost his powers to go above 100% power, repulsors are reaching even greater level.

So there are some things I want to talk about here:

• How Powerful are Iron-man's Repulsors.How much destruction they can cause andcan they hurt invulnerable super humans?
    • What is the heat of Repulsors?
    • How fast are repulsors?
    • What special abilities do they have excpet of just shooting/projecting light?

I would appreciate if you could answer to all of those questions with scans. I know a lot of repulsors sense I'm a big Iron-man fan but I never saw that much of Repulsor scans so I would really appreciate if you could post a few. Also, those scans do not need to be about repulsors themselfs, you can also post scans of his jet boosters used in combat or Uni-Beam/Omni-Beam. You can also used scans where he absorbed energy to boost the effectiveness of his repulsors.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

1. His repulsors are mountain level and have been shown to harm someone like the Hulk, Thing, Red Hulk, Hercules, Doctor Doom, Thor, Count Nefaria, and Wonder Man.
    2. At the very least, they are hotter than 2,750 degrees Fahrenheit since they can melt through steel like it's butter.

3. According to on-panel statements by the narrator, they are light speed.

4. They have two settings: Pushing power and burning power. As far as a different setting... Hmmm... He once brought Slapstick back to life from a puddle by restoring the cohesion to his molecular bonds with his repulsors.

No Caption Provided

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Yeah, I thought algorythm told you that already. My main account got banned.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Yeah, I thought algorythm told you that already.

I knew it,just wanted to be sure.Nice to see you're back.

My main account got banned.

Well that is just sad. Why?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Thanks. I made a spite thread in order to bait Storm fans because they were being annoying on the battle forum and apparently that was my "final warning" even though I was never told that. Idk if you saw the thread but here is the link:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/storm-vs-odin-galactus-bane-and-dante-1785808/?messageId=16618643&page=1

It really wasn't THAT bad, but it is what it is. I'm just thankful that they let me create a new account.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: But you are not banned for a week or a month right? You get banned permanently?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Unfortunately, yes. It's permanent. For future reference, if you ever want to see if someone is banned, try posting on their wall. If you can't, that means they are banned.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: I'm sorry man.But at least you have a new one.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Noone1996

@krleavenger: Yeah, it's nice and all, but having 22,000 posts and 123 followers won't be easy to replicate :/

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By HeroUp2112

I've done my usual research til I drop. Aside from all the wikis (which have alternately referred to them as magnetic force, a blast of charged particles...I assume this to be the "heat" setting, and as a force beam) I've found no article that describes how they are supposed to work. I did find a schematic that gives a diagram and probably a pseudo science description from the first Marvel Universe handbook from the 80s but it's so small you would need some SERIOUS glasses to be able to read it, I'll post it anyway in case someone can figure out a way to read it. Other than that I found a PLETHORA of articles about the actual science that backs up how the repulsors work and that there are actual models to prove it. That's the best my research has to offer at the moment. If you want links to the scientific articles I can add them. Here's the schematic with SUPER tiny print.

No Caption Provided

Hey! What do you know...you CAN read it at this size. Woo Hoo, hope it helps. EDIT: This piece came from a published source book called the Iron Manual

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.