Iron Man's Fate in Civil War II Revealed

• 134 results
#101 Posted by SpinnerComix (3989 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#102 Posted by Cagnazzo82 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's an update on all the iconic characters

Thor - now depressed and broken (Replaced by Jane Foster)

Hulk - killed off ( Replaced by Cho)

Captain America - Now part of Hydra

Wolverine - now Old Man Logan (X-23 is now Wolverine)

Iron Man - Killed off (Replaced by Riri/Doom)

*Sigh* what a time to be alive...

Cyclops was also just killed off in Death of X.

#103 Posted by Cagnazzo82 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

For f*ck´s sake people, I´m here to read about Tony being dead and I get spoiled that Scott dies as well, put some f*cking spoilers.

If they're iconic and popular, assume that they're dead at this point... or are being set up in a story arc to die.

You shouldn't be too shocked at this point.

#104 Posted by Cagnazzo82 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Comics is currently solidifying its flagship teams, rebuilding interest in its most iconic heroes via rebirth which will lead into a massive event crossing over with The Watchmen.

Marvel Comics is currently systematically diluting, dismantling, or altogether tearing apart its flagship teams (Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four)... while at the same time going on a blitz either killing off or downgrading all of its most popular heroes in favor of knock-off Z-list characters who are designed around cosplay aesthetics (if there even is such a thing).

As a former Marvel fan it's absolutely mind-boggling what's going on at this company.

The only thing I can conclude is that people like the current editor-in-chief, Axel Alonso, and writers like Brian Michael Bendis have this burning disdain aimed at the history of Marvel. If you look up some of Axel's past interviews where he calls Marvel history 'a hobby for white guys', I'm sorry to say but it sheds light on exactly what's going on here. And especially when you step back and examine who's being targeted for the downgrades and deaths.

And I'm all for new characters being introduced into Marvel regardless of background or ethnicity, but not like this.

This has to be the worst era of Marvel ever.

And yes, I will gladly admit that I am pretty salty that all this nonsense is taking place while DC is having a rebirth.

#105 Posted by kbroskywalker (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

they're treating iconic characters vs than the new 52, CW, or the dceu did

#106 Edited by kbroskywalker (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

@cagnazzo82: rebirth is still flawed. The stories which are being done in the style of pre 52 are great(superman, hal jordan, titans ect.), the ones that are sticking with the new 52 style are still terrible(batman, flash, teen titans). But its still>>>>>new 52

#107 Edited by Erinyes (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure we're going to see Stark back in the future. If there's one thing I've learned about comics, they always come back in some shape or form...

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#108 Posted by amazing_webhead (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

why couldn't this have happened in the FIRST Civil War, when he actually deserved it? and when i gave a rat's ass?

#109 Posted by Thedailybagel (12905 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me old fashioned but personally, if characters have to die (which lets face it, Tony and Bruce didn't), at least give them a damn dignified death. These are characters that have helped shaped marvel for decades and are household names; The friggin incredible Hulk gets killed with an Arrow through the eye whilst Tony (seemingly) just got shit stomped in a few hits. It's plain disrespect to the character's and their fanbases.

#110 Posted by TrueMarvel (578 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol breaking an Iron man suit that easily is an insult to ironman. I remember in the last issues were she was breaking pieces of his armor and thought that was bullshit.

#112 Posted by TrueMarvel (578 posts) - - Show Bio

This whole event has treated the power of iron mans suits rather poorly

#113 Posted by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

@jim158 said:

Bendis had to kill 3 iconic Heros to get anyone to care about this. Am I the only one that has noticed that?

i notice reading marvel lately there is no light hearted moments there is no down town, the issues always end with someone being effed up or about to be effed up lol

#114 Edited by Nufious (611 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for gothicshieldagent
#115 Posted by gothicshieldagent (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has made so much money from movies,comic books are more of an afterthought at this point. I'll give Riri a shot,but I think Marvel has made bad choices both in writing and character development.

#117 Posted by SeedSentry (21 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter how many heroes Bendis kill, his creations will always be patetic. Look's like he trying to insert his own oc in the place of the true heroes.

#118 Posted by n_coming (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: can you explain to me how it will be torn apart? I'm a big ironman fan but I have quit reading comics ever since this all started about 2 years ago with Thor. Reading about this has really pissed me off and had me wondering how the hell and what kind of bs has been pulled where she can beat tony. Because based off what I last read, tony was getting really strong with sol's hammer and adamantium sentinels and god killer, not to mention Thor buster and hulk buster.

#119 Posted by Rubear (4651 posts) - - Show Bio
#120 Posted by antiwhipped (435 posts) - - Show Bio

It's all just a scheme by Bendis to have arguments that Carol is Superman Tier when he comes on to troll in the battle forums.

#121 Posted by Cagnazzo82 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

This whole event has treated the power of iron mans suits rather poorly

Because it's written by Bendis, so continuity or respect for the characters or past feats/power levels etc... isn't even a consideration.

#123 Posted by jim158 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear: I just threw up in my mouth a little bit!!

#124 Posted by British_Loki (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it that every marvel charecter I like is getting killed off...at least Dr. Strange is still good right? And Dr. Doom as ironman May be cool...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#125 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor:

Ms. Marvel

Spiderman

Vision (Ending)

Dead Pool

Renew Your Vows

Captain America (Rogers)

Thanos looks like it'll be good.

Other than that? Naw.

Spiderman!!!

U forgot Old Man logan that series is gold

#126 Posted by High_Noon (690 posts) - - Show Bio

The Stupidest thing about this is that was a Hulk Buster Iron Man type suit

Good Old Bendis, ignoring Power Levels like always.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
#127 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

$3.50 Tony wasn't in the suit. He'll go underground and pop up to take on Cap Steve when that thing blows up a year from now?

The CW2 event is very pretty but the writing is lacking more substance.

P.S. Cap Steve is one the best books. Very relevant today.

@hellsaint said:

@tensor:

Ms. Marvel

Spiderman

Vision (Ending)

Dead Pool

Renew Your Vows

Captain America (Rogers)

Thanos looks like it'll be good.

Other than that? Naw.

Spiderman!!!

U forgot Old Man logan that series is gold

#128 Posted by Cagnazzo82 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

The Stupidest thing about this is that was a Hulk Buster Iron Man type suit

Good Old Bendis, ignoring Power Levels like always.

His disregard for history coupled by his awful writing style is emblematic of where Marvel Universe (at least the comics) stands as a whole at this point.

Avatar image for darkprimesovereign
#129 Posted by DarkPrimeSovereign (1125 posts) - - Show Bio
#130 Edited by Ruprik (-5 posts) - - Show Bio

just as Henry said I didnt even know that anybody can profit $8316 in 1 month on the internet . visit this site right here <<<<< >>>>> www.Webpay5.com
#131 Posted by NWOslave (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@jim158 said:

Bendis had to kill 3 iconic Heros to get anyone to care about this. Am I the only one that has noticed that?

one of those characters he replaced with his own. think about that.

#132 Posted by poeticwarrior (3526 posts) - - Show Bio

@erinyes said:

I'm pretty sure we're going to see Stark back in the future. If there's one thing I've learned about comics, they always come back in some shape or form...

Except for uncle Ben.

#133 Edited by thor321 (2055 posts) - - Show Bio
@doctordamn said:

@primeearth2016: No your overestimating Carol and underestimating Tony. Doc green oneshoted Carol. Not saying Tony could beat him but he wouldn't get stomped as bad as she did...

and Thor got subdued by random aliens.

there are many bullshits in the comics.

#134 Edited by sportjames23 (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

@stellatedcolt said:

Here's an update on all the iconic characters

Thor - now depressed and broken (Replaced by Jane Foster)

Hulk - killed off ( Replaced by Cho)

Captain America - Now part of Hydra

Wolverine - now Old Man Logan (X-23 is now Wolverine)

Iron Man - Killed off (Replaced by Riri/Doom)

*Sigh* what a time to be alive...

Been a DC and Marvel reader all my life, but quit earlier this year because I can't stand what both companies are doing (DC rebooting AGAIN when I was enjoying the New 52 Universe, Marvel replacing their most popular characters with new ones and replacing the Avengers roster with X-Men characters). I try to keep up with the goings on thru comic book message boards like Vine to see if things have changed enough to get me back into collecting, but I see I haven't missed much since I quit. SMH

#135 Posted by Gwaihir39 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who was completely on Tony's side during this event? I thought the series, was great, too, up until the last few issues, when Carol Danvers f**king won Civil War II! It was so wrong, Iron Man was completely in the moral right, and Marvel was an ass. Not only that, Hawkeye was f**king guilty! He should have gone to jail; Captain Marvel was the one, who, on purely false evidence, aggravated Bruce Banner and in no way was the killing justified. Also, I felt really bad for Star-lord and the Guardians of the Galaxy (they lost their beautiful ship!), Carol just pulled them into and onto the wrong side of the conflict, and I know Petey wouldn't have sided with her if he had known the real truth. I also feel bad for that random Ms. Green lady! I know she was completely innocent, and they don't even tell you what happened to her. And now Captain Marvel is going to be president!!! Well anyhoo, can't get worse than Trump. If Danvers doesn't get her comeuppance, I'm gonna be so pissed.

#136 Posted by arthurkerr (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame story for Iron Man is not his armor he is so much more. Anyone can wear armor. But if I have to tell you that your no Iron Man fan.

#137 Posted by theredhood44 (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Still want thor(the real one) to come and smack carol around

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.