Iron Man vs. Hank Pym: Who's the bigger brain?

• 157 results
#151 Edited by Noone1996 (12123 posts) - - Show Bio

Pym's a VERY big and strong man. In scan 2 you can even see how perplexed Tony is by how manly and intellectually/morally superior Pym is.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tony Stark needs to take a page from Pym's book and stop paying anonymously for rehabilitation for criminals or orphanages and start bruising, berating, and attempting to physically smash women. Also, not apologizing for all of that too.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#152 Edited by just_sayin (3555 posts) - - Show Bio

Well its about time that Stark started atoning for his conduct. He killed Avenger Rita DeMaria, dated the still married Janet Van Dyne while Hank Pym was falsely imprisoned in jail, tried to kill the Wasp, killed the Avenger Crystal's babysitter, had the Avengers thrown in prison, had the Avenger's hunted down, created Clor who killed Bill Foster, aka - Giant-Man/Goliath.

No Caption Provided

Pym built a virtual reality heaven for the consciousness of his dear deceased friend, Bill Foster.

No Caption Provided

Hank Pym's best friend was Bill Foster, who was killed in the Civil War by Iron Man's creation, Clor. Hank and Bill had a close friendship fought against the racist organization, the sons of the serpent.

No Caption Provided

While Tony Stark sometimes behaves like a son of the serpent.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#153 Edited by Noone1996 (12123 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao everything mentioned above about Iron Man is either not canon or he was mind-controlled (except the Thor clone which was Reed's fault too). Not surprising that Tony has to be mind-controlled by Kang in order to be portrayed as more of a scumbag than a dude that emotionally and physically abuses their wife.

#154 Posted by just_sayin (3555 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao everything mentioned above about Iron Man is either not canon or he was mind-controlled (except the Thor clone which was Reed's fault too). Not surprising that Tony has to be mind-controlled by Kang in order to be portrayed as more of a scumbag than a dude that emotionally and physically abuses their wife.

Stark wasn't mind controlled when he dated Jan. He wasn't mind controlled during Civil War. He imprisoned his friends for not agreeing with him. What a jerk! Even Stark agrees that Stark is a jerk.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That was when Stark got trapped in the past and needed the help of a true genius, Hank Pym. Here's some scans that allude to Stark dating Pym's ex, Pym's discovery of Overspace and Pym's mastery of space time dimensional travel from that event where Stark was too much of lush to help himself.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#155 Edited by Noone1996 (12123 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_sayin: At least he didn't beat Janet! LMFAO.

No Caption Provided

I already debunked your pathetic attempts to lowball Stark's intellect. The only reason he asked for help was because he didn't have the resources since he was in a different time period and couldn't use his own tech to avoid a butterfly affect. Tony even admits that. You want to talk about a true genius? Let's ask Pym himself:

"A genius, a top brain, a paragon of scientific achievement"

No Caption Provided

Good thing that Tony figured out how to work the Master's technology. They ended up winning the war against Kang solely because of Tony's mastery of the complex alien technology. Tony even worked on cracking Kang's spaceship force-fields which Captain America felt Tony was better equipped to work on instead of Pym. The handbooks say a lot too about this pathetic woman beating beta male. Also, Pym was going through a personality change at this time. He split into two Pym personalities. There was the cold, rational, and low self-esteem Pym vs the confident, courageous, and reckless version of Pym. Guess which one it was that was speaking on behalf of Stark?

#156 Posted by just_sayin (3555 posts) - - Show Bio

How many times has Pym saved Stark's butt? So many times.

We've already mentioned the time that Pym saved Stark's manhood when Ultron made a woman out of Stark.

No Caption Provided

You would think Stark being made into a woman would be the most embarrassing relationship with an A.I. he has ever had, but you would be wrong. Remember that time, Stark's armor became sentient because of Stark's bad fail safe programming and tried to, how can I delicately say this.... stick his plug in Stark's electrical outlet. It seems Stark literally programmed his own back door Trojan.

No Caption Provided

If you want to see for yourself I think the story "climaxed" around Iron Man (1998) no. 30.

#157 Edited by just_sayin (3555 posts) - - Show Bio

There really is no comparison to the genius of Ant-Man's suit to Tony Stark's armor. In Hank Pym's Ant-Man suit, Pym created unstable molecules to allow it to shrink or grow, he utilized a method to transfer mass between the Kosmos dimension to allow him to shrink or grow.

No Caption Provided

And he had a helmet that allowed him to communicate with a different life-form and control them like an army.

No Caption Provided

Pym's first suit not only utilized multi-dimensional technology, it allowed him to travel to the microverse to rescue the Fantastic Four way back in 1963.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Could Iron Man travel to the microverse on the power of his suit? Not unless he had a really long extension chord.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Yep, Tony had to recharge his suit's battery more often than you have to recharge a 1990's cell phone. Meanwhile, Pym's suit was designed to travel between dimensions and pull mass to and from dimensions - and he never plugged into an outlet once. To summarize - Hank Pym's first suit - powerful enough to travel between dimensions, Iron Man's suit, can travel short distances, as long as he can find an extension chord.

#158 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank, because his head actually gets bigger.

#159 Edited by Noone1996 (12123 posts) - - Show Bio

The amount of misinformation and out of context scans posted here that have been debunked time after time after time is just ridiculous. Just keep ignoring facts and posting poorly cropped images from stories you never read. I mean how many times does Pym need to admit that Stark is smarter for people to get it through their skulls? How many times does he have to use Stark tech for his inventions/resources? How many times does he have to save the day with variations of Tony Stark's plans?

#160 Posted by just_sayin (3555 posts) - - Show Bio

The amount of misinformation and out of context scans posted here that have been debunked time after time after time is just ridiculous. Just keep ignoring facts and posting poorly cropped images from stories you never read. I mean how many times does Pym need to admit that Stark is smarter for people to get it through their skulls? How many times does he have to use Stark tech for his inventions/resources? How many times does he have to save the day with variations of Tony Stark's plans?

Yeah, your right, I shouldn't post screen shots of Stark begging for Pym's help because Pym is a better scientist, like this scan where after having been asked by Stark to save his girlfriend, Tony asks Pym back to save his enemy, the Unicorn....

No Caption Provided

Forgive me for taking the numerous instances of Stark asking for Pym's help "out of context".

#161 Posted by just_sayin (3555 posts) - - Show Bio

I got to agree with @noone1996, it is "misleading" to cite Tony Stark's own words of praise of Pym against him. Like when Pym is trying to explain some big extra dimensional science to Tony and Tony doesn't understand it. It would be wrong to post a scan like this ...

No Caption Provided

It would simply be "misleading" to use Stark's own words. Who cares about space/time dimensional travel science. That isn't REAL science. Stark knows real science. Why, it isn't impressive that Pym has mastered communicating with 17 trillion insects around the world and can command them like an army. Stark made roller blades for the army! Now that's impressive science...

No Caption Provided

You have to admit - making roller blades with "transitor-powered" technology is more impressive than communicating and controlling other species, trans-dimensional science or creating working wings for a woman like Pym did. After all Stark even made himself into a long board skateboard once. That's pure genius!!!!

No Caption Provided

Putting castor wheels on your back is certainly much more impressive than the Pym Particle.

#162 Posted by Noone1996 (12123 posts) - - Show Bio

Talking to bugs and teleporting >>>>> Reed Richards' >>>>>>>> Doctor Doom >>>>>>>> Transistor powered roller skates (Tony's supposedly best invention). Wow. How could I not see it before?

#163 Posted by just_sayin (3555 posts) - - Show Bio

Talking to bugs and teleporting >>>>> Reed Richards' >>>>>>>> Doctor Doom >>>>>>>> Transistor powered roller skates (Tony's supposedly best invention). Wow. How could I not see it before?

NEVER, EVER mock the roller blades!!!! They are badass.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There is nothing wrong with Stark's roller blades!!! Just cause I think Pym's more of a genius doesn't mean that I hate Stark. Why can't we be friends, like Hank and Tony?

Remember when Tony asked Pym to shrink him down and send him into Obadiah Stane's office building so he could get his money back:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That was friendship. Hank helped out his friend when his friend needed his genius. That reminds me of a similar time when Tony asked Hank to shrink him again to perform heart surgery on Captain America.

No Caption Provided

That's friendship. Being there for a friend, that's what its all about. You wouldn't leave your friend for dead would you?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tony did want to avenge Hank's murder - that's what friends do. Its just that Tony wasn't smart enough to realize that Hank wasn't dead. Mistakes happen. It wasn't like Tony was trying to kill Hank and the rest of the Avengers:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hmmm. Well I guess Tony was trying to kill his friends. He gravely injured the Wasp. This did put a little bit of stress on Hank and Tony's relationship.

No Caption Provided

Well, the stress was mainly on Tony; it was crushing. But Hank is a good friend, and stops himself before he crushes Stark to death.

No Caption Provided

That's what good friends do. You forgive the guy who not only dated your ex wife behind your back while you were serving time in prison for a crime you didn't commit, but also just tried to kill her right in front of you. That's a great friend. You know, great friends, step in to fix the messes that their friends make. Like, how right after Stark had tried to kill the Wasp, Hank comes up with an ingenious way to save her using her embedded insect cells.

No Caption Provided

Hank was a friend to Tony when Tony was going through his "let's kill the Avengers, Again" phase. Friends forgive.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
#164 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

Ignoring the ridiculous list of marvel brains from last year, Hank is probably smarter but I could legit be swayed.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
#165 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

Ignoring the ridiculous list of marvel brains from last year, Hank is probably smarter but I could legit be swayed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.