Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron Man vs. Hank Pym: Who's the bigger brain?

• 164 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
    deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Hank is the smarter of these two geniuses.

This

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By w0nd

He himself keeps admitting a bunch of other people are smarter than him. Even Peter Parker. So it's hard to tell when he doesn't even believe himself to be the smarter of the two. Not saying he isn't smarter but is there a reason people claim he is?

No Caption Provided

tyrell800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think deadpool's the smartest jk ( mind you he did kill them both)

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@m3th said:

@karrob: @princeimc: @morpheus_: Eternity said "they MAY be smarter." Eternity never said they ARE smarter.

Did you see the scan above. Reed is smarter says Eternity. Tony wasn't refereed to as smarter but as another facet of the intelligence puzzle But the acknowledgement from Pym and Eternity IMO means that those 3 are on considered the most intelligent hero's hands down with Reed being acknowledged as the smartest overall. With that said since most of Tony's technological advancements mostly benefiting him I give the edge to Pym in brains.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Hank is the Scientist Supreme. Tony isn't as smart as him.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's like asking is a brain surgeon is smarter than a computer programmer. And then making them switch places. They both have their specific and respected lines of work. Socerer/Scientist supreme clearly doesn't mean the best of the best, it's just how they handle themselves, how they are as a person, and how they handle their respected line of work...

....if that was the case we wouldn't have someone claiming a 15 year old peter parker was smarter than him.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
    VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed>Hank>Tony (just out of those three).

AuldWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I honestly think that Tony's by far and wide the intellectual wunderkind that Reed and Hank both wished they could be.

Hank and Reed research to come to conclusions that Tony seems to accomplish in seconds, possibly due to the aforementioned upgrade which boosted his intelligence far beyond standard human levels. Tony sees a problem, and immediately comes up with both a solution and execution, and then works toward that execution. This is why Tony's foes need to be more of the mind than the body, such as The Mandarin, Zeke Stane, the Hammer sisters, and so on.

It's also worth noting that Tony is an incredibly strategist, as we saw thanks to Fraction's run, and there's been evidence in the past that Tony can apply his vast intellect to detective-work, too. Most notably, Tony is out there, trying to save the world with ideas like Stark Resilient, whereas Reed and Pym slave over their studies in musty old labs, ignoring their life and the world outside. They need to actually sit down and think about a problem, whereas Tony just immediately arrives at the solution.

Of course, endless research and insecure second-guessing likely amount to good qualities for a scientist, hence Hank becoming the Scientist Supreme. But, again, Hank was also told that he wasn't nearly as clever as Tony. The area where Hank or Reed differ from Tony is that both want to sit in a lab second-guessing themselves. Tony doesn't need to second-guess himself, he's beyond that. He's a living computer at this point, he runs simulations on the fly, in his head. He simulates everything he needs to within the space of his brain whilst he's doing other things, and then he applies that with aplomb.

And speaking of how Tony can multitask, it's worth noting that he can attend social venues and interviews whilst still piloting his armour, without being in it. He can pilot a highly complicated piece of machinery which is centuries more advanced than anything else within that Universe, and at the same time he can be elsewhere, doing other things. So the raw computing power of his mind is astounding.

I'm also going to be controversial, here -- Doom is a poser, and Tony would likely be able to deal with him so much more easily than Reed. The Mandarin is a far more clever, strategic, and intelligent foe than Doom could ever hope to be. Doom is, quite honestly, a pale imitation of Fraction's Mandarin. I've never seen a Marvel villain actually pull off something so profoundly Machiavellian.

I guess it's not fair, really.

The thing is is that if we were comparing Tony pre-upgrade to Reed and Hank, then Reed would likely beat him to the punch, and Hank would be lagging behind them both. But after the upgrade? Tony doesn't have a human-level intellect any more. He has something so, so much more. After Extremis and all of the modifications he's made himself, he's posthuman, through and through, whereas Reed and Hank are just... human.

Furthermore, it's worth noting that whilst Tony has had a successful career building all sorts of things, and only very rarely has he produced a bad invention, Hank and Reed have a vast library of failures to their name. Just something to consider.

So I don't even think it's a fight.

I think that for the Neo-Luddite though, there's going to be a preferential attitude towards Reed/Hank, because they're just humans and not posthumans. But that's just silly. The mountains of evidence show that Tony was always on par, but surpassed them when he became posthuman.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By tupiaz

@DEGRAAF

said:

" @lazystudent: I havent seen him come up with anything huge since he gained his intelligence (besides his new suit) which although is cool, doesnt scream out smartest man through out all of history

@mr.obvious: I think even in the MU the characters all agree Reed is the smartest "

What about that egg-shaped doomsday device? That seemed pretty, uhm, huge?

But yeah. I'm thinking Reed's the overall smartest guy in the MU. Tony and Hank, don't know .. I think Hank might be smarter, but he isn't as ambitious and grand-thinking as Tony is.

Talking about the equipment in the Doomsquest story? Doom admire Iron Man's intelligence and calls him a genius.

@icon said:

@pooty

said:

" I'm going to disagree. Pym is smarter in robotics than Tony is. He's smarter overall. Pym created Utltron which in turn created Vision and Jocasta, and Alchemy. Hank has created beings with the ability to create. Has Tony done anything like that? Ultron took over the Phallanx in Annihilation. He became a galactic threat. Tony makes machines. Pym creates life. Yeah they turn on him but atleast they have that choice. Tony's robots are mindless drones. "

Yes, he has. Tony has created multiple artificial intelligences like HOMER and PLATO that were far more than "mindless drones". He even created an armour that was so advanced

it developed sentient life

(and even fell in love) despite safeguards Stark had in place to hold it back from becoming sentient (an injury to the armour negated those safeguards). And that's an important point. Stark has shown himself capable of creating "life" as you put it, but he refrains from doing so because of the ethical dilemmas involved. It is not because he isn't smart enough.

In Doomquest when they are making the device to get back in time he thinks that he have never met one with such a intuitive gasp of electronics. You could make the assumption that Tony at least thinks he is smarter than Hank when it comes to electronics.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz: Yeah i dont know the Doomquest story. I would be happy to hear about it though, or if you can tell me the issues to read

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By MakkyD

Marvel ranks Banner higher than Stark, nevermind Pym.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

@tupiaz: Yeah i dont know the Doomquest story. I would be happy to hear about it though, or if you can tell me the issues to read

There are two stories the first one is in vol. 1 149-150 where Doom admires Iron Man (Tony Stark) (see my last post). In the follow up story (also know as Recurring Knightmare) in vol. 1 249-250 (both written by David Michelinie, no he didn't stay on for that long he had a break between his two runs even though he has written over 80 regular Iron Man issues not counting annuals and mini series). I don't remember anything mentioned in the follow up story that mention Starks intelligence they are both collected in the Hardcover Doomquest. The first story is collected in David Michelinie omnibus vol. 1 (his second run will be released in a vol. 2 at some point but vol. 1 was released earlier this year so it could take a while). David Michelinie made a third Iron Man versus Doom story in the miniseries Legacy of Doctor Doom (like the two first also drawn by Bob Layton).

However if we go back to the Hank Pym versus Iron Man then in the beginning of the Iron Monger story vol. 1 193-194 (taken place between the two Doomquest stories written by Dennis O'Neil who was the primarily writer between David Mcihelinie's two run) Tony Stark says Hank Pym is one of the Smartest men Tony knows. James Rhodes (this is before he became War Machine and is at this point Iron Man) is seeking help from Hank with the Iron Man suit (it gives him headaches because the suit is build for Tony Stark's brainwaves). However the reason for this is that Tony Stark doesn't want anything to do with the Iron Man suit as he sees it as the reason he began drinking (he couldn't live up to the image as a hero).

I hope that helps added some bonus info.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Pym is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay smarter.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Wolverine008

Pym. But it is close.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

lol

no contest here

jumpman72001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pym. But not by much

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hank Pym is smarter

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Noone301994
    No Caption Provided

Thejus_Rao7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auldwolf: You sir, just won this thread! Stark FTW!

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pym has an inferiority complex and always thinks someone else is smarter than him. Tony Stark has a superiority complex and always thinks he's smarter, except when the truth can't be denied. That's why his admission that Pym is smarter should be taken seriously.

Stark believes Pym is smarter.

No Caption Provided

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Noone1996

A lot of people have a point about talk being cheap, but what about when Hank Pym was having problems with his growing powers (for weeks) and Stark solved the problem easily?

No Caption Provided

Besides, Stark has also claimed that T'Challa and Reed are the smartest people he's ever known, so at that point it's kind of hard to go off of statements anyway. Stark could have very well been trying to play with their egos in order to get what he wanted in both instances. He is manipulative in that way.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Debatable, but I'd say Stark.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Noone1996

^ That awkward moment when someone thinks a Comic vine user created rating system is an official Marvel released list. Lmfao.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/marvel/4010-31/forums/8-unaided-smartest-men-on-earth-in-marvel-universe-635095/

Yeah, "@hulkomaniac" seems like a real expert on Marvel's official list, doesn't he? I mean he does have 8 posts after all.

Comic vine fan made ratings <<<<<~<<<<<<<<<<<feats and statements in comics.

EDIT: Wikipedia articles aren't reliable either because they are literally edited by fans. There is no proof that Marvel writers, editors, publishers, or ANY employees contributed to any list on a Wikipedia page. You can say whatever you want on Wiki as long as you put an issue number as a citation, they will post it without question. Lmao.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: LOL whatever happened to that dude anyway? Going by his post count it seems he went and expanded his trolling beyond the IM forum :p

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: it's a long story. If you want, PM me and I'll give you details. He got banned since his ridiculous views essentially turned the entire website against him.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: Ok thanks, sent ya a PM. And oh, that's good then LOL I'm just surprised that you and others actually had the patience to even talk to him, or simply acknowledge his existence! LOL

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By just_sayin

A lot of people have a point about talk being cheap, but what about when Hank Pym was having problems with his growing powers (for weeks) and Stark solved the problem easily?

No Caption Provided

Besides, Stark has also claimed that T'Challa and Reed are the smartest people he's ever known, so at that point it's kind of hard to go off of statements anyway. Stark could have very well been trying to play with their egos in order to get what he wanted in both instances. He is manipulative in that way.

You have selective memory when it comes to Iron Man asking for Pym's help. How about when Iron Man was trapped in the past, who did he turn to to build a time machine for him? Pym

No Caption Provided

How about when Stark thought Vision might be dead, and Hank showed up, and then Stark ended up being the real doctor's orderly as Pym fixed Vision.

No Caption Provided

Or How about when one of Iron Man's girlfriends was dying and it took Pym to save her. Or when Iron Man's fellow Avenger Firestar was dying, who did she turn to ... yep, the reservist Pym. Better to have a smart guy only there occasionally than a Stark there all the time.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: The only reason he goes to Pym so often is because he doesn't want to take the chance outside of his field. That doesn't mean he can't do it himself. He would just rather have someone with more knowledge help him instead of wasting time learning and then trying to solve the issue. The Iron Age crap was horrible writing though since he's built time machines on his own twice before. Not to mention the fact that he's even displayed intimate knowledge of Doom's time machine on more than one occasion as well. Hell, in Agents of Atlas vs Avengers he basically admits temporal physics is not his strong suit and that he learned more from Kang than he ever could. Why Stark needed his help is beyond me.

SpockOClock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hank. He wasn't Scientist Supreme for nothing.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: Also, that scan you posted only displayed Hank giving Tony the tracking device for Dooms fragments which not only had magical components to it, but Tony actually admitted that he didn't have any resources since he was in the past and didn't want to use Stark industries. Again, being time efficient was another factor.

Mad_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman .

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: The only reason he goes to Pym so often is because he doesn't want to take the chance outside of his field. That doesn't mean he can't do it himself. He would just rather have someone with more knowledge help him instead of wasting time learning and then trying to solve the issue. The Iron Age crap was horrible writing though since he's built time machines on his own twice before. Not to mention the fact that he's even displayed intimate knowledge of Doom's time machine on more than one occasion as well. Hell, in Agents of Atlas vs Avengers he basically admits temporal physics is not his strong suit and that he learned more from Kang than he ever could. Why Stark needed his help is beyond me.

Stark calls on Pym when he needs a real scientists help. In Avengers 93, Iron Man declared Vision to be dead. Luckily Pym was there to save Vision or else Stark would have killed him.

No Caption Provided

Stark's girlfriend would be dead too, if Pym hadn't saved her.

No Caption Provided

Hey, now that you mention Kang --- that reminds me of the first time he fought the Avengers and Hank came up with that dissolving spray that allowed the Avengers to defeat him, while Iron Man had his hands in his Iron pockets.

No Caption Provided

Stark isn't as smart as Pym. But don't despair. There are several things that Iron Man is better at than Pym. Like:

1) being an a hole.

2) killing Avengers (Stark killed Pym legacy Yellowjacket - Rita DeMaria, when Stark was too weak to handle Kang's mind control).

3) Being a douche and dating a friends ex.

No Caption Provided

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stark calls on Pym when he needs a real scientists help. In Avengers 93, Iron Man declared Vision to be dead. Luckily Pym was there to save Vision or else Stark would have killed him. Stark's girlfriend would be dead too, if Pym hadn't saved her.

Everything that you cite has context and is circumstantial. Just because he sometimes asks for help in emergencies that makes Pym smarter than him? In fields that are outside of his expertise? So what if Iron Man declared Vision dead? He barely knew anything about Vision or how his organs worked. Tony took a guess, like Pym (and Captain America), but was wrong. Simple as that. I guess Steve is probably above Tony too since he was right that the organs of Vision were different.

Hey, now that you mention Kang --- that reminds me of the first time he fought the Avengers and Hank came up with that dissolving spray that allowed the Avengers to defeat him, while Iron Man had his hands in his Iron pockets.

Another example of circumstantial examples. So you're comparing what Hank has built with prep (took him weeks) to what Tony could do in a random encounter. Seems legit. Ironically enough, that gun that he ended up using on Kang was based on Stark designs he received from Tony.

No Caption Provided

What your out of context scan, likely from a respect thread, failed to show was that the only reason Pym's device worked on Kang was because Thor left an opening by smashing his shields for a split second:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

If it wasn't for Thor, his device wouldn't have even worked. It would have been as useless as Mjolnir was.

Either way, he used Stark designs for this lol.

In fact, let's take a closer look at Pym's use of Stark's designs:

No Caption Provided

He is like a kid in a candy store when he has access to Stark's technology and resources. Not only that, but Wasp admits that Pym uses Stark tech for Pym's work too. I'm sure that means nothing though, right? I mean even Doctor Doom has stolen/bought and used Stark tech before so it's nothing to be ashamed about. I bet Reed, Doom, the High Evolutionary, etc. have all used or stolen Pym's technology before.

Stark isn't as smart as Pym. But don't despair.

According to Pym's own words, Stark actually is. Nevermind the scan I already posted at the top, but even when he was talking to Eternity he felt that Tony and Reed would have been better candidates as the Scientist Supreme. In fact, he even admitted that it took a true genius to understand the Master's technology which was advanced enough to overpower Kang's. Pym even admitted that he couldn't understand the controls. Only Tony could:

No Caption Provided

We can go back and forth about how Pym helped Tony here or Pym admits Tony is smarter there, but how about we actually look at their achievements? A little piece of Stark tech once accidentally traveled to a society of barbarians and cavemen who, after discovering and studying his tech, ended up becoming Type III civilization capable of time travel, interdimensional travel, and ruled the rest of their galaxy. They were on the brink of self-extinction from this technology/knowledge after only FIVE generations after discovery of his technology. He's had Captain's of the Kree army visit Earth in order to bid at an illegal auction of stolen Stark tech and Iron Man armors. Again, this is a race that has Omega Level weaponry. They are crazy advanced, yet he and his soldiers came to Earth to bid on and purchase Stark technology? Characters like Reed Richards, Doctor Doom, MODOK, The Leader, etc. have not been above either complimenting Stark's technology as impressive/extremely sophisticated or they straight up used (in Doom's, Leader's, and MODOK's case stole) his tech in order to meet their needs. Hell, even the High Evolutionary stole some of Tony Stark's tech in order to go on to steal the freaking Silver Surfer's power cosmic! If you want me to post more about Reed and Doom I can and it'll make your head spin.

What has Pym done? Discovered Pym particles? He's not even the foremost expert on them. Tony owns the largest collection of Pym particles on Earth and Reed knows more about them than he does. Not even Ultron was fully his doing since he created a weaker and dumber version which just kept upgrading itself on its own.

There are several things that Iron Man is better at than Pym.

You wanna argue that Pym is smarter than Tony? Fine. That's actually debatable. But saying the only thing he's better at than him is being a "meany head" is flat out false. Stark is, and has always been, hilariously above Pym stat wise too:

Ouch. Get stomped.

Ouch. Literally. Hurts himself punching Tony.

No Caption Provided

Effortlessly tags him here:

No Caption Provided

So you can add a number 4 to your stupid little list of things Tony's better than him at. Although, that list would end up being a lot longer if I had more time to respond.

2) killing Avengers (Stark killed Pym legacy Yellowjacket - Rita DeMaria, when Stark was too weak to handle Kang's mind control).

Very true. Tony is good at fighting his friends.

No Caption Provided

Does that make him a douche? If you say so. I say it makes him pretty smart and crafty. As for him being too weak to handle Kang's mind-control. Well, yeah. That's an alcoholic for you. If Pym doesn't have a stronger will than someone like Tony then it'd be a bit sad.

1) being an a hole. 3) Being a douche and dating a friends ex.

...could be worse. He could have hit her, amirite?

Lmao ouch. Even Tony's A.I. is making Pym cry.

Again, if we laid out all of their feats side by side, I highly doubt you'd find them coming even remotely close to Tony's. Where was Pym when the Shi'ar, Kree, Annihilation Wave, Skrulls, and Brood galactic fleets were targeting Earth during the Incursion? Was he piloting an incomplete dyson sphere which ended up destroying the fleet and the alternate Earth and save everybody? Oh wait, that was Tony. My bad. Where was Pym when the Phoenix Force was going to destroy all of Earth? What was Hank's solution? Oh right, he wanted to be Tony's lab assistant while Iron Man broke apart a universal deity that not even Thor could do any more than clip the wing of while weakened.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By just_sayin

@noone1996: The fact that Pym would take Stark equipment (the Kang reference) which isn't able to save the day and turn it into something that can, does not prove Stark's intelligence; it proves Pym's genius.

And it seems to me that you have forgotten the stuff that Iron Man has ripped off of Pym. Remember in Sixis when Stark takes a sentiental AI and uses it to capture Avengers. He used Pym Particles to do it. Wonder where he got that Idea?

No Caption Provided

I know Reed says he knows more about Pym Particles than Pym does. But that's his arrogance talking. They call them Pym Particles for a reason.

The truth is Stark is a one trick pony. His solution to just about everything is make an armored suit. Pym is much more versatile and creative.

For example, Tony Stark wanted to fly, so he built a suit of Iron. Pym wanted to fly - he grew himself wings. Or created a jet pack, or a flying sentient being he named Rover to carry him around, or designed a suit that can fly, or invented a method of communicating with insects and surfed on their backs. Pym - versatile, Stark - one trick pony.

Stark just isn't in the same league as Pym as far as his abilities. Exhibit A - getting your team halfway around the world. Pym created what he calls a "Pymporter" that can instantly move his team to anywhere in space-time in a moment. When Iron Man needed to get his team across town in a hurry he had them take a commuter bus.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Yep, Pym bends space and time to get his team around the globe or universe in a moment, but with Iron Man as your leader - you are dependent on the bus schedule.

So just so we are clear- If you instantly need to get rid of a super-villain possessed by an ancient Asgardian god, Pym can create a trans-dimensional doorway from a skyscrapper in less than 15 seconds. And Iron Man will be looking for bus tokens.

No Caption Provided

Does Stark have a skyscraper in his pockets like Pym? I didn't think so.

Exhibit B. Need to stop an exploding volcano instantly before it destroys entire cities. Pym pulls out a gun that sends the exploding lava into another dimension. What does Stark do to instantly stop an exploding volcano? Put on Lava armor? No, he calls Pym to see if he can borrow his dimensional transporter gun.

No Caption Provided

Exhibit C. - Pym is more than just an engineer who can make a suit (even though he did create himself an Adamantium Yellowjacket suit). He is a genius in multiple disciplines. He created a method in order to talk to and command various forms of insects to move rubble or trains if need be. Can Iron Man do that?

No Caption Provided

No, he can't. What "tool" does Iron Man go and get when he wants to talk to the animals ? Answer- a See-N-Say. "The cow says moo", but Stark still has no idea what he means.

No Caption Provided

Your right. Stark is used more in the comics. Pym is often regulated to the scientist role. But in his last turn as leader of the Avengers he took down in just a handful of issues - the Unspoken, Chthon, Norman Osborn, Dark Avengers, Loki, and Ultron - who incidentally turned Tony and his armor into a nude Janet Van Dyne during Tony's run as Avenger's leader. But it all worked out for the Avengers - they called Pym and he found a solution.

No Caption Provided

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Noone1996

Lol so creating teleporters and talking to insects puts Hank above Tony and all of those feats I posted? Weak. Very weak.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol so creating teleporters and talking to insects puts Hank above Tony and all of those feats I posted? Weak. Very weak.

Where's Stark's device to talk to animals? Again, here it is.

No Caption Provided

Hey, if it wasn't impressive to create a device to talk to and control another species then Stark could do it.

So explain why Iron Man, as their leader, is putting the Avengers on a bus. Pym folds space-time in on itself and the only thing Stark can do is play bus crossing guard and has the Avengers catch a bus to go across town? That my friend is weak, very weak.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

So, among super geniuses. Pym - dimensional space-time traveler, Stark - public transportation rider.

Mad_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Mad_Jim

@krleavenger: "And he is not as nearly as smart as Pym or Tony."???

You are really ignorant .

Mad_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Sorry for bad language .

Kryptonians has far far far higher IQ than humans .

Tony's IQ is only 195 and Superman has far more complex brain .

Yes Clark don't use his talents and intelligence . But his "potential" IQ is higher .

Mad_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mad_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Bruce's IQ is 192 . Namely , general opinion .

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By just_sayin

@just_sayin said:

Again, if we laid out all of their feats side by side, I highly doubt you'd find them coming even remotely close to Tony's.

Let's take a look at Stark and Pym's accomplishments side by side.

Tony StarkHank Pym

made a gray suit of Iron

No Caption Provided

discovered Pym particles that let him shrink and alter his mass

No Caption Provided

made a yellow suit of Iron

No Caption Provided

Discovered Kosmos dimension and figured out how to pull and push mass from there

No Caption Provided

Created a red and yellow suit of Iron

No Caption Provided

Discovered method to talk to and command insects through cybernetic helmet

No Caption Provided

Adds roller skates to suit of Iron

No Caption Provided

Pioneers method to implant working wasp wings in Janet Van Dyne that appear only when she shrinks. Also implants antenae that allow her to talk to insects

No Caption Provided

Wow, its really close so far. Iron Man's suit and accessories seem every bit as impressive as the discovery of another dimension, ability to manipulate size and weight, talk to insects, and implant working wings in someone.

Well Let's see if Pym can catch up.

Iron ManHank Pym

Created an updated red and yellow suit of iron

No Caption Provided

Discovered method to use one's own bio-energy and converted it into blasts. First implanted in the Wasp.

No Caption Provided

created another updated red and yellow suit

No Caption Provided

Became the god of Artificial intelligence by creating Ultron

No Caption Provided

created another updated red and yellow suit

No Caption Provided

Pioneers life saving method that saves the Wasp after Iron Man tried to kill her. Using her wasp implants, he puts her in a cocoon state so she can heal.

No Caption Provided

Along with Reed Richards, creates Clor - a Thor clone who kills Bill Foster

No Caption Provided

Captured the conscious of Bill Foster after Iron Man's Clor killed him and created for Bill a virtual reality heaven.

No Caption Provided

Created the Hulkbuster Iron Man armor

No Caption Provided

Discovers Overspace dimension, discovers underspace dimension, creates infinite Avengers Mansion, creates Jocasta, creates space-time dimensional trasportation system called Pymporter, created Rover, saved several heroes from death using technology (Vision, Firestar, Veil, Reptil, Hazmat), travels to Beyonders universe, creates the Big House secure prison, creates Secret Avengers Satellite, creates toolbot with over 900 tools, creates new life form of virtual reality creatures who exist inside of computers, creates tool to identify and counter magic, etc.

Wow. It is so close. If only Pym had created an iron suit -- but wait he created an adamantium one.

No Caption Provided

But wait ... I don't think it had roller skates in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.