Iron Man vs. Antarctic Vibranium?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#1 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, Antarctic Vibranium is often described as the "anti-metal" in that it can melt any metal. However, Iron Man's armor is definitely the strongest metal in the Marvel Universe, barring adamantium, Cap's shield, vibranium and maybe carbonadium. So how do you think it would fare against antarctic vibranium?

I don't know if there are any comic instances relating to this, but if there are, please post.

#2 Edited by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure, but I don't think Tony's armor can take it. I mean he would likely dodge, defend himself with shields or something but I'm assuming you're talking about the armor's durability, if it could take it in case it was hit. And I don't think so. Tho it did tank nuclear explosions... Agh, I don't know how powerful this is, it's hard to say. Sorry i'm not much help haha

(Btw why did u put the "maybe" on carbonadium? i believe it's the weakest from the ones there haha)

#3 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure, but I don't think Tony's armor can take it. I mean he would likely dodge, defend himself with shields or something but I'm assuming you're talking about the armor's durability, if it could take it in case it was hit. And I don't think so. Tho it did tank nuclear explosions... Agh, I don't know how powerful this is, it's hard to say. Sorry i'm not much help haha

(Btw why did u put the "maybe" on carbonadium? i believe it's the weakest from the ones there haha)

I put the maybe as I wasn't sure whether or not carbonadium was stronger than Tony's armor.

And thanks for the answer!

#4 Edited by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

No prob, and I think @noone301994 might be able to answer this

#5 Edited by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: @amazingfantasy: It'd definitely work on his armor, but if he has his shields up it wouldn't. Anti-metal destroys metal, not energy.

Here he drops an Iron Man armor with anti-metal in it on top of an Iron Man armor with adamantium mixed with other Iron Man metals.

No Caption Provided

However, here is a scan of Black Panther claiming that he has to disable Iron Man's shielding before his anti-metal claws can touch Tony:

No Caption Provided

#6 Posted by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994: Thanks! I didn't know how powerful anti-metal was so it was difficult to come with an answer. But I was right, then?

(And I can't believe I didn't even remember that first scan. It's from my favorite modern Iron Man run. :p)

#7 Posted by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994: Thanks! I didn't know how powerful anti-metal was so it was difficult to come with an answer. But I was right, then?

(And I can't believe I didn't even remember that first scan. It's from my favorite modern Iron Man run. :p)

Yeah, you were essentially right. Anti-metal or antarctic vibranium is capable of melting even adamantium.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

And yeah, that's my favorite Iron Man run as well lol. They made Tony look like such a bada$$.

#8 Posted by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994 Thanks for the scans and the answer. I'm really surprised that it's so powerful. Wow!

#10 Posted by KrleAvenger (26182 posts) - - Show Bio

Antarctic Vibranium would destroy Stark. He can use his Force Fields to protect himself but his armor itself can't defend against Anti-Metal except his 2th Stealth suir which isn't made of any metal at all.

#11 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: Yes Vibranium would break through Ironman's armor as it can cut through any metal including adamantium. However if it's an Ironman suit that is made of something other than metal, than Adamantium would actually damage it more than vibranium would

#12 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6734 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: yeah, so the carbon fibre suit that he used against Magneto would be immune to Antarctic vibranium. As for adamantium, wouldn't something like Wolverine's claws be able to slice right through an unprotected armor?

#13 Edited by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: No it wouldn't be immune to vibranium, vibranium just wouldn't chop through it as easily as Adamantium would. For general attacking Adamantium weaponry is superior but if you want to break through metal Vibranium will be more efficient

#14 Edited by Noone1996 (12065 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: We are talking about antarctic vibranium. Not standard vibranium or adamantium. Antarctic vibranium works by attacking the molecular structure of any metal. Vibranium and adamantium could cut through his armor, but the metals on his suit are so durable that it wouldn't go very deep or far in:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is an adamantine axe thrown by Namor. Adamantine is just like adamantium except godlier. It pierces his armor sure, but it doesn't go all the way through or hurt the man inside. In fact, Iron Man is even shrugging his shoulders in the second scan like it didn't even affect him.

If he had his force-fields up though, something like this would happen:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Also, antarctic vibranium only molecularly affects metal, so if his shields are up they won't work since that's energy.

#15 Edited by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

Standard Vibranium is Wakandan, it's unknown but it could possibly transform into Antarctic vibranium and vice versa.

Yes his force fields would prevent Adamantium and etc' from going through but if shields are off someone like Wolverine would be able to quickly chop through the armor parts.

Adamantine is actually stronger than Adamantium, but keep in mind that Ironman's metal suits will be more vulnerable to vibranium than they would vs Adamantium or Adamantine. Some of his suits have secondary adamantium mixed into them (or they were on par with secondary adamantium) which is why the Adamantine axe didn't pierce all the way through with one strike.

Other thing is that if it's Adamantine, or enchanted Adamantium/Vibranium, or Mjolnir, and other magical attacks/magic blasts, his force fields wouldn't be able to block them.

@noone1996 said:

@whoisthebest: We are talking about antarctic vibranium. Not standard vibranium or adamantium. Antarctic vibranium works by attacking the molecular structure of any metal. Vibranium and adamantium could cut through his armor, but the metals on his suit are so durable that it wouldn't go very deep or far in:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is an adamantine axe thrown by Namor. Adamantine is just like adamantium except godlier. It pierces his armor sure, but it doesn't go all the way through or hurt the man inside. In fact, Iron Man is even shrugging his shoulders in the second scan like it didn't even affect him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Also, antarctic vibranium only molecularly affects metal, so if his shields are up they won't work since that's energy.

#16 Posted by Noone1996 (12065 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by g2_ (11941 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by Noone1996 (12065 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't aware of this earlier, but this is actually either a regular steel axe or a normal adamantium axe. It is not adamantine (the substance that is even harder than Captain America's shield). Adamantine is gold in color. So this scan, just like other ones you have brought up, has been misconstrued. That axe in the scan could have been vibranium, adamantium, or steel, there's no way to know. The metals on Iron man's suit are durable, but I wouldn't exaggerate it to the point where you say that vibranium/adamantium wouldn't go deep or far in. Vibranium would actually melt the metal on his suit, it would be very destructive since the suit is metal. Adamantium, on the other hand, would chop through it, but obviously wouldn't chop through it as easily as human skin.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#20 Posted by antiwhipped (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Antarctic vibranium vs Uru?

#21 Edited by Noone1996 (12065 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: Do you have proof that it wasn't adamantine or are you just guessing like always? Ares carries an adamantine axe. He threw it at Namor who caught it and threw it at Iron Man.

No Caption Provided

Read the story.

#22 Edited by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

Proof is in the scan itself mate. Adamantine is gold. The axe in the scan is not gold. If you want to see adamantine, look at hercules golden mace , howlett's claws, or neptune's trident. Ares using an Adamantine axe is just an assumption people sometimes make because Adamantine is used in his Olympian homeworld for armor/weapons. The axe in your scan here was Adamantium in a best case scenario.

The Ares shown in the thread below has a different axe which looks like it could be a mix of adamantine and adamantium. His golden colored helmet might be pure adamantine. Ares in the scan you posted is using Adamantium or a weaker metal since he is on Earth. Btw, Ares uses a range of many different kinds of weapons, he doesn't have one constant weapon like Hercules mace or Mjolnir.

In the future, I would suggest not accusing me of guessing when that is what you were doing here. You were passing off an Adamantium or possibly even a steel axe as Adamantine, and most people fell for it and took your word for it. This is yet another example of exaggerating Ironman's feats and making up your own feats for Iron man.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/captain-britian-vs-ares-587107/

@noone1996 said:

@whoisthebest: Do you have proof that it wasn't adamantine or are you just guessing like always? Ares carries an adamantine axe. He threw it at Namor who caught it and threw it at Iron Man.

No Caption Provided

Read the story.

Mate you realize anytime Primary Adamantium is even used in the comics they always point it out as a way to show how powerful/durable someone is, like with Wolverine and Ultron they mention the Adamantium, but here they don't even mention anything about it. In addition to that, considering how expensive/rare Adamantium is, there's a pretty good chance the axe used in the scan you posted was either a steel/titanium axe or a secondary Adamantium axe. You've turned a regular, normal scan into your own personally created "feat" for Iron man. The scan you provided doesn't really mean much nor deserve a second mention, because all it's showing is that secondary adamantium armor can take a hit from a secondary adamantium weapon. Iron man has better durability feats like when he takes a beating from the Hulk for example. Something like that would be a better durability feat than this. We also know that Namor is much weaker on land, so you have a weakened Namor throwing a secondary Adamantium axe at Ironman (whos armor contains secondary adamantium parts in it and is on par with secondary adamantium durability in general) and the axe is able to sink in but not go all the way through. It isn't really a "feat" at all, you've just read a random comic page and you're trying to turn it into some sort of a feat. I mean all the scan's showing is that secondary adamantium armor can take a hit from a secondary adamantium axe. It's logical and expected for that to happen.

#23 Posted by g2_ (11941 posts) - - Show Bio

Antarctic Vibranium would destroy Stark. He can use his Force Fields to protect himself but his armor itself can't defend against Anti-Metal except his 2th Stealth suir which isn't made of any metal at all.

How?

:)

#24 Posted by KrleAvenger (26182 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by g2_ (11941 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by KrleAvenger (26182 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm: @g2_:Antarctic Vibranium can destroy his Armor on Molecular Level but he can't affect Endo Sym Armor and Stealth Armor because those two armors are not made of metal. Also Iron-man's armor is covered in microscopic force field/energy shield and AV can't affect energy so in order for AV to work on Iron-man, his force field needs to be removed first.

#28 Posted by g2_ (11941 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm: I just cut his sentence to emphasise.

#29 Posted by g2_ (11941 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by KrleAvenger (26182 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: What did you mean by "how"?

#31 Posted by g2_ (11941 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: How can Antarctic Vibranium would destroy Stark? But you already answered.

#32 Posted by KrleAvenger (26182 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: Alright. And yeah, Antarctic Vibranium destroys any Metal minus Vibranium on molecular level, even Adamantium.

#33 Posted by g2_ (11941 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by Noone1996 (12065 posts) - - Show Bio

Antarctic Vibranium would only destroy Stark's ARMOR. If he had shields up this would happen:

No Caption Provided

Those gigawatt baryon beams was antarctic vibranium.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.