Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11191 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron Man's New Origin (Spoilers!)

• 103 results
    Spideress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like give Tony a brother, that could lead to some interesting stories, but i believe every heroes origin should be simple and easy to explain. This just muddies the water and makes everything convoluted

I would disagree with that. His superhero origin is still the same - kidnapped by terrorists and forced to build the Iron Man suit to save his own life, became superhero, etc. This just changes his birth origin, which was never important to his superhero origin (other than being the son of a billionaire, which he still is, adopted or not).

They should say Howard Stark lied to his wife for Tony adoption but he was actually Howard son through another woman because he was not sure his wife could conceive this story should be better and would explain why Tony looks so much like him and up to the end Mrs Stark thought Tony was adopted because for me this new origin remove the magic of the character

I think it will be something like this. I'm still betting on Tony being Howard's bio son in some way (but it doesn't change any of the character "magic" for me, because him being Howard's son was never a big deal for me).

The only thing that changed is that Tony's family just got bigger (which he and Arno both seemed pretty happy about). Poor Arno, he's probably been sitting alone in that hospice for about 15-20 years (or however long its been since Maria and Howard died).

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait till the retcon this stupid thing.

CIN.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By COBRAMORPH

thankfully the success of the movies will ensure this BS is forgotten about by next year. Bunch of untalented hacks unable to create their own characters so they have to troll & violate the works of actual artists.

THIS right here is why modern comics are nothing but glorified fanfiction.

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haters gonna hate. This story seems alright. At least the Starks will finally change the world with advance technology, unlike some Mr.Fantastic who's too selfish for his own good.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#105  Edited By amazing_webhead

Still a better twist than in "Iron Man 3".

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This definatley had its ptos and cons. In all, I would say it was a successful diversion.

louder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By louder

I find it an odd way to go with the story. Why hasn't Arno built his own suit and exoskeleton? How come Tony looks like Howard? Is it just by chance Tony is super smart or did Howard do something to the kid to make him that way? The people I spoke to about it all said they thought it was lame but look forward to Tony making Arno a suit, but I just don't get it. Why would Arno not build his own suit?! Also didn't Tony meet the evil Arno who is now hiding on 616? Does this mean there are two Arno's on 616 now?

I am cool with adding a new character in, but at such a base level to add it into Tony Starks life and change something so dramatic that really makes the character who he is? How doesn't this shake Tony emotionally? Finding out you are adopted is a pretty big thing, it would upset me. Then again Tony didn't seem to care when Pepper fell in Iron Man 3 so maybe he just doesn't care about anything anymore, I don't know....

Magmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was probably an editorial mandate not the writers doing.

Look at the bright side at least it's not mid 90's Tony Stark who had been a trader all along and got replaced by a teenage version of himself.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#109  Edited By amazing_webhead

@trevel8182 said:

Clearly, Tony Stark is the third Summers brother.

(Okay, technically he'd be the fifth after Adam X the X-Treme and Vulcan, and Sinister said that Scott Summers had "brothers" without giving a number, but you know what I mean.)

Well, someone has to be.

This sounds completely unnecessary, why add on to Tony's origin? It was fine the way it was...

If I had a nickel for every time I asked that question...

@dernman said:

How long before they can retcon this stupidity?

Let's hope soon.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Honestly this doesn't really change the character so I won't bother complaining, but I also don't really see the point of the retcon either. (At least it's not half as stupid as Mark Millar's "Trouble")

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all sounds messy, convoluted, and pointless.

this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.