Iron Man respect thread

• 53 results
#52 Posted by Noone1996 (12175 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I'll look through it when I get the chance, but it's gonna be hard to get through all of those annoying videos about gameplay of Metroid lol.

#54 Edited by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8
Scan 1: Stalemates Dr. Doom in arm wrestling. Scan 2: Iron Man's fists harm Taurus who KO'ed Thor. Scan 3: Tanks an axe hit from Terrax (a herald who was amped by Galactus). Scan 4: Lifts this satellite way out of space. Scan 5: Traps Apocalypse. 6: Shields from Final-Form Ultron. Scans 7 & 8: Outrans a black hole

#58 Posted by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by Ganstaz003 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994: Hey, I wanted to know something.

What exactly is the countermeasure that Iron Man has to intangibility? Like what would he use against an intangible Kitty Pryde or an intangible vision. That scan wasn't clear enough to me in terms of what the countermeasure was.

#60 Posted by Noone1996 (12175 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganstaz003: It looks like he forcibly made Kitty Pryde tangible and then electrocuted her. He did something similar to Vision with prep:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#61 Posted by Ganstaz003 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting! I wonder how he does it though. Is it through molecular manipulation or what? Either way, a very good scan!

#62 Edited by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I'll wait. Or just send me the link by PM'ing me.

#66 Posted by BruceRogers (17626 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet, I love it. Do tag me as this is being updated

#67 Posted by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man's strength is great but it isn't at 70 million ton level yet.. that's a pretty big stretch/big assumption.

We need to be careful about how much we highball him. He likely isn't going to become as strong as Hulk, or as fast as quicksilver, or as durable as thor, etc. The writers have made it pretty clear they didn't intend for IM to be a skyfather type character that is top tier in every single category. Rather, he is balanced in every category. Fast, but not super fast. Strong, but not super strong. Durable, but not super durable. He doesn't specialize in any one particular category.

#74 Posted by g2_ (12001 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#76 Edited by edubus (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Eya @noone1996 can you post the scan of Iron Man firing the Omnibeam on Ulik? I can seem to find it.

#77 Posted by Noone1996 (12175 posts) - - Show Bio

@edubus: Omnibeam? I don't think that ever happened. Are you talking about his repulsor rays? He's blasted Ulik with his repulsors three times in Iron Man/Thor:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

This was an amped Ulik, by the way.

Avatar image for awesomefacialhairbros
#78 Posted by Awesomefacialhairbros (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Can you post the scan where reed says that the difference between their intelligence is negligible and fractional. Thanks in advance..

#79 Posted by Noone1996 (12175 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by doctor223 (148 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Excuse me.Does this Tony's war room is like Pym's lab in Might avengers?

#81 Posted by Noone1996 (12175 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for adm1ralsnackbar
#82 Posted by Adm1ralSnackbar (304 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy who made this shit is a joke.

#83 Posted by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Edited by Sentinel_Alpha (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool thread.

Avatar image for dcandmarvelcomicfan
#85 Posted by DCandMarvelComicFan (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there any feats for the Modular Armor? (Model 13)

#86 Posted by Noone1996 (12175 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcandmarvelcomicfan:

Model 13:

Durability

While armor is shut down (which makes it weaker since the shielding is off), he withstands several attacks from the Mandarin's rings. He tanks electrical discharges, the impact ring, and his freezing ring. His electrical ring taps into static energies on a planetary level. His impact ring has indirectly shaken mountain ranges from its power. His freezing ring can reach absolute zero in a second.

Here he tanks a hit from Nova and Rage at the same time which creates a shockwave that not only shakes the ground, but collapses a dam nearby. Tony's armor is unphased by this:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
Should be noted that Nova uses Rage as a fastball special and then flies around in order to sandwich Stark. Doesn't do anything ultimately. In the last scan you can see who he is about to fight next.
Thunderstrike is pretty pissed off here and Tony shrugs off a hit from him casually.

(Let me know if you need feats from any of these characters so you know how impressive these feats are. Nova, Thunderstrike, and Rage are solid mid tiers.)

Also tanks several hits from Ultimo:

He's strong enough to break out of a volcano and his eye beams are powerful enough to knock over mountains.

He's also fought and traded blows with Ultron while resisting his mental attacks and hypnotism at the same time:

No Caption Provided

Repulsors and other Weapons

Scan 1: Hurts Titanium Man; Scan 2: Punched a hole through a robot and unleashes repulsor rays with a potency powerful enough to level a building.
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
Scan 1: Deflects bullets after they are fired with magnetism; Scan 2: Uses compact modules that create opposing magnetic fields which causes the atomic structure of a metallic creature to repel one another which tears him apart into slag; Scan 3: Forms a magnetic bottle around a magical creature which holds him in place for Tony to let loose on him with all of his abilities and weapons; Scan 4: Attaches magnofield generators to Rage which cancels out his gravity and sends him flying into orbit.

Compact module freezes metallic creature:

No Caption Provided
Venom is harmed from his electricity and Omega Red is taken out.

He doesn't really have very many feats, but that's about some of his best ones in that particular armor. Might have missed a few though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.