Iron Man Comics Discussion Thread

• 136 results
#101 Edited by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio
#102 Posted by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Umm... I disagree mate. X-men were never marvel flagship character, so I'm not sure what you're getting at it there. I think you're confusing it with main books, which the X-men are by default. There's only one flagship character, and that is Spider-Man. And what determines that is not writing but sales, how much money they make. It's sad but it's true.
We can't know if giving the F4 or any other book good writing will make them big,but I doubt it. Besides much like the X-men they are big by default, even if it's at the bottom of the list. New Warriors would be better example. And I believe that no ammount of good writing would make New Warriors surpass the "big boys" in sales. Hell you probably have one comic, TV show or whatevs that got cancelled. That doesn't mean it wasn't good but that it was merely not making enough money. Just like Tony didn't bring the attention and cash a flagship character would have.

And yes I agree with the DC and Johns stuff. Marvel should take notes and instead they're walking backwards. lol

I believe Marvel will get back to its glory as well. Unfortunately we're stuck in the current period.

#103 Posted by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingfantasy: Yes indeed. However you're wrong about the X-Men. For like 7 years they were flagship for Marvel which is the reason why Onslaught was even created. To reboot everythig from Marvel minus mutants. People didn't like it so the reboot for all the other characters was cancelled and brought back as the original 616 but X-Men still had their place as Top Marvel thing for 4 years after Onslaught. A character like Iron-man is not cancelled because his character is not interesting as he is now probably one of 10 most popular Heroes and probably Top 5 if you count Marvel Only. It's not because of character, it's because of writers and his run. I have 1000s of ideas how they could make IM more interesting but they Marvel doesn't know what to do with him and not because of the character but because they are to stupid for some reason. Even Spider-man's run is really bad now and Peter acts as a douchebag and Peter is anything but douchebag. I know New Warriors can have as many cool stories as they want but they will never be that interesting. For Iron-man it only takes a good story as his character is already mmore developed and interesting.

#104 Posted by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Again dude, no... Spider-Man is the face of Marvel, they don't even hide it. If you look at old covers, Spider-Man face will be in them, as a symbol of Marvel Comics. If you read interviews, you'll know they consider Spider-Man to be the flagship. On nearly every "best superheroes" lists, Spider-Man is usually the top Marvel hero. The X-men are indeed big, but the Spider-Man franchise can easily compete with them. Again, I really think you're confusing flagship titles with flagship character. X-men is one of the biggest Marvel titles, especially in the older days. But so is Spider-Man.

Breevort said himself:

http://www.newsarama.com/24753-invincible-iron-man-by-bendis-marquez-joins-all-new-all-different-marvel.html

"I think Iron Man’s prominence is something pretty much everybody who encounters Marvel in every other medium already knows," Brevoort told Newsarama. "While the masked head of Spider-Man has historically been most associated with Marvel as a defacto mascot, in the last ten years in every field outside of publishing Iron Man is Marvel Comics. If you’re talking about the people who see the films, buy the t-shirts or merchandise, watch the television shows, it all comes back to Shellhead. We’re going to make a concerted effort with 'All-New All-Different Marvel' to make Iron Man the forefront of the comic books’ universe as it is elsewhere."

Tony most definitely is on the top 5 in general, DC included. He's the most famous Avengers in general... However you seem to be missing the fact that none of this makes his comics sell more... Different platforms. As Brevoort said up there he's 'famous' everywhere else but not in comics. What you said about New Warriors is debatable and it comes down to opinion. One can easily say the same about Iron Man. Also Peter isn't acting like a douchebag at all in the new title, what?

I think it's nice that you think that all it takes is interesting stories to save everything and I really wished it worked that way mate, trust me. :/ But sadly that is just not how Marvel operates these days.

#105 Posted by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Again dude, no... Spider-Man is the face of Marvel, they don't even hide it. If you look at old covers, Spider-Man face will be in them, as a symbol of Marvel Comics. If you read interviews, you'll know they consider Spider-Man to be the flagship. On nearly every "best superheroes" lists, Spider-Man is usually the top Marvel hero. The X-men are indeed big, but the Spider-Man franchise can easily compete with them. Again, I really think you're confusing flagship titles with flagship character. X-men is one of the biggest Marvel titles, especially in the older days. But so is Spider-Man.

Breevort said himself:

http://www.newsarama.com/24753-invincible-iron-man-by-bendis-marquez-joins-all-new-all-different-marvel.html

"I think Iron Man’s prominence is something pretty much everybody who encounters Marvel in every other medium already knows," Brevoort told Newsarama. "While the masked head of Spider-Man has historically been most associated with Marvel as a defacto mascot, in the last ten years in every field outside of publishing Iron Man is Marvel Comics. If you’re talking about the people who see the films, buy the t-shirts or merchandise, watch the television shows, it all comes back to Shellhead. We’re going to make a concerted effort with 'All-New All-Different Marvel' to make Iron Man the forefront of the comic books’ universe as it is elsewhere.

"

The thing is that Spider-man wasn't that popular in the 90s. In 90s when someone would say Marvel they would think abotu the X-Men. It's just the fact that Spider-man wasn't Marvel's flagship at the time. Same withh DC, Superman was flagship for like 40 years until Batman because flagship for DC and it goes so far as that Superman is not even second to Batman but is even less popular than Hal Jordan and Barry Allen.

Tony most definitely is on the top 5 in general, DC included. He's the most famous Avengers in general... However you seem to be missing the fact that none of this makes his comics sell more... Different platforms. As Brevoort said up there he's 'famous' everywhere else but not in comics. What you said about New Warriors is debatable and it comes down to opinion. One can easily say the same about Iron Man.

I know. I just said that. For characters liek New Warriors you will need so much effort to make them interesting. For Iron-man it's not as hard. At the time Spider-man lost popularity in 90s and as Joe Quasada became the Editor in Chief in 2000s, Spider-man's popularity easily came back as he is really the one true flaggship for Marvel even tho X-Men stole the title for a time. Now Iron-man isn;t on the same level of course but again he is Top 5 sure and i you just want to focus more you can make his comics sell because people love Iron-man and will buy his comics until they give up because they ar ebad but if they are good they will less but for New Warriors well a lot of people wont even bother. Just 1 interesting story or serios isn't enough. Hickman gave us oen of the best Marvel Stories with F.F. which gave people back the interest in Fantastic Four. The problem is that since they don't own the rights to the movies, other F.F. titles Post-F.F. were usually 4-6/10 until cancelled out completely.

Also Peter isn't acting like a douchebag at all in the new title, what?

He is not charming as he usually is IMO. He was also acting like a douchebag to Stak for no good reason and Star did the same, because of stupid Miles.

I think it's nice that you think that all it takes is interesting stories to save everything and I really wished it worked that way mate, trust me. :/ But sadly that is just not how Marvel operates these days.

I just said, you need more then interesting story. Like with F.F., one of the best Marvel Stories IMO yet Marvel didn't force it like Spider-man in 2000s so it didn't stayed popular. If you make something cool for Iron-man and continue with that then his comics will sell if you force it. And I dont mean force it like they did with Venom in SPider-man 3 like "oh you love Venom, here is your Venom at the very end" and ruin it. No, I mean the same thing they did with Spider-man and Thor in 2000s, to make soemthing good to force them to regain popularity instead of just giving up and replacing them with other characters (Jane, Cho, Miles, Sam Wilson, Sam Alexandar, that black girl...)

#106 Posted by Noone1996 (12041 posts) - - Show Bio

This is literally retarded. I can't believe this sh!t. I'm so pissed right now. I had a feeling that Iron Man being unaffected by this PC horse sh!t wouldn't last forever... I'm sure his parents are minorities too... God I hate Marvel so much.

#107 Posted by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Well, I'm just going to stick with the MCU. Literally my biggest let-down moment when I started seeing this ass-sh!ttery bullsh!t. But not to worry, there is still Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and 2, and Iron Man 4 at 2020.

Screw Bendis, I hate him, hope he gets fired from the Marvel staff, and get expelled from his job forever. Because it is the right way to do.

#108 Posted by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#109 Posted by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus: Iron-man 4 isn't confirmed. It is still just a possibility. And I mean I reallydon;t see the problem. Do you know how awfull comics were back in 90s? Really really bad, SOOOOO bad. Yet when 90s turne dinto 2000s with new Edito in CHief Joe Quasada, Marvel became more popular then ever. This is just a phase. Eventually Marvel will come back as <arvel we know and love Pre-Secret Wars.

Oh and Hickman please come back man. We need you you're awesome.

#110 Edited by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus: Iron-man 4 isn't confirmed. It is still just a possibility. And I mean I reallydon;t see the problem. Do you know how awfull comics were back in 90s? Really really bad, SOOOOO bad. Yet when 90s turne dinto 2000s with new Edito in CHief Joe Quasada, Marvel became more popular then ever. This is just a phase. Eventually Marvel will come back as <arvel we know and love Pre-Secret Wars.

Oh and Hickman please come back man. We need you you're awesome.

Yeah, your right, Iron Man 4 isn't confirmed, but it has a great chances. RDJ even said he is willing to do more in Ellen DeGeneres show.

#111 Posted by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus: I know. As for comics, I want Joe Quasada to be Editor in Chief again. I also want Hickman back. He left by writing awesome Secret Wars mini series alongside other great stories. Then he left and everything Post-Hicman/Post-Secret Wars was awfull and I want him to come back as he is well as I said awesome and he is my favorite writer.

#112 Posted by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus: I know. As for comics, I want Joe Quasada to be Editor in Chief again. I also want Hickman back. He left by writing awesome Secret Wars mini series alongside other great stories. Then he left and everything Post-Hicman/Post-Secret Wars was awfull and I want him to come back as he is well as I said awesome and he is my favorite writer.

Agreed.

#113 Edited by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Posted by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Edited by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

This is literally retarded. I can't believe this sh!t. I'm so pissed right now. I had a feeling that Iron Man being unaffected by this PC horse sh!t wouldn't last forever... I'm sure his parents are minorities too... God I hate Marvel so much.

@adriusus said:

@krleavenger: Well, I'm just going to stick with the MCU. Literally my biggest let-down moment when I started seeing this ass-sh!ttery bullsh!t. But not to worry, there is still Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and 2, and Iron Man 4 at 2020.

Screw Bendis, I hate him, hope he gets fired from the Marvel staff, and get expelled from his job forever. Because it is the right way to do.

@adriusus said:
No Caption Provided

Agree with you both. I don't even have words for current Marvel anymore, it's beyond ridiculous.

#117 Posted by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingfantasy: It's still better than the 90s if you're not counting X-Men.

#118 Posted by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger@noone1996@adriusus Thought you guys might wanna check this out:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=447

(A poll whether people are liking the decision or not. The results are... interesting. :p)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-first-look-at-the-armor-for-marvels-new-teenage-female-iron-man

(*sigh*)

#119 Posted by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingfantasy: 67.9% of votes was for "no Stark is the only Iron-man for me" (like 2230 votes for Stark, for that girl it was 510 or somthing and for "I need to see first" was 540)

#120 Posted by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingfantasy: So let me get this strai:

"I want to wait and see" + "Yes can't wait" is still lower than "no only Stark" in votes even if you double the sum of those other votes.

("Either way" + "yes") x 2 <<< "NO" still.

Smart people.

Also thanks for tagg.

#121 Edited by Adriusus (3235 posts) - - Show Bio

That new suit is horrible. No arc reactor in chest seriously?

Arc reactor is the main symbol of Iron Man.

#122 Posted by Noone1996 (12041 posts) - - Show Bio

Not surprised by the poll at all lmao.

#123 Posted by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: I actually am, considering all Iron-man haters.

#124 Posted by g2_ (11935 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how they threw Tony away after saying that he would be the new flagship character and that they would give him a lot of pushes (as they did)

That's Marvel's flagship character, whatever we like it or not.

No Caption Provided

but that clearly wasn't working. Might as well replace him. lmao

Well, they replaced all of them LOL.

#125 Posted by g2_ (11935 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus said:

@krleavenger: Screw Bendis, I hate him, hope he gets fired from the Marvel staff, and get expelled from his job forever. Because it is the right way to do.

Same goes for Dan Slut.

#126 Edited by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: He wasn't a flagship in 90s and wasn't the most popular in 80s either. Superman was flagship for DC for 40 years until Batman became flagship and now even Hal Hordan and Barry Allen are more popular than Clark.

#127 Posted by g2_ (11935 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Superman and Spider-Man are Marvel and DC's flagship characters forever.

#128 Posted by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: There is the problem. Flagships can change. Batman is DC's flagship for almost 40 years while Superman was flagship Pre-Crisis. Spider-man lost his title as flagship Marvel character in 90s and the title was given to the X-Men until like 2004 or something. And now for some reason that my brain can't understand, Iron-man became a flagship (which doesn't really make him like more nor will I like him less if he doesn't be flagship anymore).

But fact is that Spider-man got replaced by X-Men and now by Iron-man. Superman wasn't flagship for DC since Crisis on Infinity Earths. You know what Crisis on Infinite Earths is right? Also I don't care who isn't and who is a flagship character, I'm just talking about pure facts and nothing else an done of those facts is that flagship characters change although Spider-man eventually came back while Superman didn't and it is only a matter of time before he becomes flagship agian but again the fact is Iron-man is current flagship character but that is jsut temporary. In my opinion neither Spider-man or Iron-man should be flagship characters.

And do me a favor, don't post anyhting Spider-man related or anything related to any character on threads that is not about that character. Don't do that. This is a thread for Iron-man comics. Have you ever seen anyone posting anyhting on Hulk/Spider-man/Captain America threads? NO (unless they appear in the comic book of those characters).

#129 Edited by g2_ (11935 posts) - - Show Bio
#130 Posted by KrleAvenger (26178 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: I'm not mad mate. I was justtalking about something. The reason why I sound harsh is because I didn't get much sleep. Sorry mate :)

#131 Posted by g2_ (11935 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: I'm not mad mate.

Great.

I was just talking about something. The reason why I sound harsh is because I didn't get much sleep. Sorry mate :)

Its cool.

#132 Edited by izamanaick (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible Iron Man #12 came out and Tony just met Riri.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure Tony graduated with 2 doctorates.

And I still hate the artwork.

#133 Posted by Arrsenal (359 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Finally it happened

#134 Posted by Villan_j7 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@arrsenal: what comic is this from sir? Did he just blast black bolt?

#135 Posted by Arrsenal (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@arrsenal: what comic is this from sir? Did he just blast black bolt?

Uncanny Inhumans #13. Looks like he did.

#136 Posted by amazingfantasy (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is dead as hell, but it must be said... Bendis run is coming to an end!!!! THANK TOAA! Lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.