Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron Man: Armored Adventures Gets Green Light For Season 2

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Will you be watching?

No Caption Provided
    Alright, I am a huge fan of animated comic book television series,and generally I love cartoons about superheroes, but I've never been too crazy about Iron Man: Armored Adventures, probably because they changed Iron Man's origins a lot. I guess a lot of people disagree with me, however, considering the series received the green light for a second season!

DQE, the animation, gaming, live action entertainment Production and Distribution Company, in collaboration with their co-production partners Marvel Animation and Method Animation, are pleased to announce they will co-produce 26 all-new episodes for a second season of the popular animated series Iron Man.

Tapaas Chakravarti, Chairman & CEO of DQE said, "This Marvel Super Hero - Iron Man - has emerged as one of the most popular Super Heroes of our time. Season 2 of this animated TV series will take Iron Man fans on a very different visual trip of high action sequences produced in high end CGI. We're extremely proud of this project, and look forward to adding further momentum to our relationship with Marvel Animation and Method Animation."

I really did not think this series was that popular, so I wonder if the reason it's been picked up for an additional 26 episodes is because of the upcoming release of the Iron Man 2 movie this May. Yet, while the television series highlights a young Tony Stark, it is completely unrelated to the Tony Stark we see in the movies. If you guys have never watched the series before, you can check out the official Marvel trailer above. What do you think? Are you a fan of Iron Man: Armored Adventures? Are you looking forward to a second season?  
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

it's not one of my favorites but once you get past the changes they did it wasn't to bad...I kind of enjoyed the last few episodes

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23
    @danhimself said:

" it's not one of my favorites but once you get past the changes they did it wasn't to bad...I kind of enjoyed the last few episodes "

They never showed the hulk episode. I wonder why they did not do that particular episode 

EDIT: 
    Emperor Gonzo Noir just told me it came on 
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@SUPER-MAN 23: They showed it, It had MODOK, The Controller and Rick Jones
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'm not a fan , but I will watch it now and again, wish they would renew Spectacular Spider-Man

DaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DaMan

I love this show and I'm glad there's going to be a second season. When I first saw this show I thought it was going to be horrible, but I was surprised.

Misk14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Misk14

SWEET! cant wait!!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

It wasn't that great. I did give it a chance though. 

The problem is, Iron Man is just that, A MAN. Not a high school kid.
    Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Does anybody actually liket his show?
    simsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By simsey

No  man

not a fan were's wolverine and the x men ,Spectacular Spider-Man there so much better shows super heroe squad is class too

DaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaMan
    @They Killed Cap!:
    It seems like a great show to me.
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrCipher
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir:
    So was the Hulk a 14 year old too? I hate when they make comic books into teen angst tv cartoons. Ruins the heart of the concept. Tony should be out getting trashed and bedding chicks, not whining about homework and how life is unfair cause he's not a "grown-up".
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Agent Buttons
    i will not be watching because i am not a fan of the animation.
    DragonRex1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DragonRex1

THIS is getting more episodes... Wolverine is getting more episodes... Super Hero Squad for all I know has more episodes... 

AND NO SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN?!
    Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be looking out for the DVD set of the first season.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By goldenkey

I like the show, I think they need to change outfits once in while they should be smelly people, but the show is entertaining enough.
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By ComicCrazy

I do agree that I dont think its good that they changed the origins a lot but I think that the show is actually really good.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By SevanGrim

i hate this show. 
    the stories are not anything special, and the cheap CGI tactic barely worked with the much better quality Spiderman show. 
     People keep saying the origin had to be changed for the sake of the children, and thats bull. Most kids who watch the show saw the movie, and thats why their watching the show. Not every cartoon needs to have a teen aged protagonist. The First and BETTER Iron Man cartoon was able to use an adult Tony stark and they did just fine.
     No. I have said time and time again that i have serious issues with people who screw up continuity for the sake of marketing. These comics have been read by kids and teens and adults alike for decades. the stories are fine as they are. The characters are fine as they are. Stop ruining it becuase you dont think kids can relate. If kids couldn't relate, comics never would have made it off the ground in the first place.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Adam Michaels

I've seen a few episodes and it's meh! But I do intend to sit one day and watch all 26 episodes because I want to see the ones that involve the other super-heroes like Black Panther. I'm curious to see how they pulled that off.

I think it's unfair that an amazing show like Spectacular Spider-Man has an unknown fate while this lesser praised show has another 26 episodes ordered.  But it makes sense with all this Iron Man film business that Marvel and the networks want to capitalize on this hero's current popularity. Have any of the show's creators or even Marvel themselves said why they chose to change Iron Man's history with this show? I haven't ready any interviews on the subject.

I'll say this, I really miss the days when all these animated shows were interconnected like in the 90s.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DH69

eww

rouju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rouju

Give it a chance guys. Maybe this is how was intended when they started Ultimate Universe. All of Marvel Heroes are teenagers so the life span could be longer (I mean looking at 616 counter part if I were them, I already blow my head off for all the trouble that came in my life).

Oh, and anyway although the show sucks, I like Ms. Pots version in this show

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jefprice

I own the whole series so far, it's pretty good and that's coming from a die hard for 21 years Iron Man fan. 

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DH69

if they just stuck to drawing the human characters/buildings/areas and using cgi for the armor/robots/machines i wouldnt cringe and the show so much.

Avatar image for jacory_williams
    Jacory_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jacory_Williams

i like the show

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.