Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron Man #25 (New Armor) ***SPOILERS***

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF
    SPOILERS BELOW If YOU HAVE NOT READ IRON MAN #25 YET AND DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED DO NOT READ FURTHER!!! 

So i loved this issue, The new arc-reactor tech sounds awesome. I just wish they would have shown him building it. There were so many things i loved about this comic.  

Him having to go back and read about what he has done. 

Him admitting his mistakes to Reed Richards. 

Getting help from Reed Richards to build his new armor. 

Explaining that he is now probably the smartest person on earth thanks to the new R/T. 

I love how he has moved beyond weapons and actually gone in a different direction with his new company (Stark Resilient) 

I thought the armor coming out of his body was a lil predictable. but i liked it 

The new armor is more of a next generation extremis rather than an extremis upgrade with new armor 

I think its great that even tho he see's what has happened as a result of his doing since civil war he still stands by his decisions. 

It seems like he is basically immortal. He stated the new power source will power his body basically forever (until his cells can no longer regenerate or create new cells) I wonder if that means he has a healing ability now?

Also i wonder how much machine he really is right now.

The pictures below were taking with my camera phone while i was driving so sorry that they arent totally clear 

Tony Telling these electronics and automobile producers he will sell non-military version of his chest plate from them to reproduce and put in their merchandise.
    Tony Telling these electronics and automobile producers he will sell non-military version of his chest plate from them to reproduce and put in their merchandise.

Tony
    Tony "putting on" the new iron man suit (sorry about the advertisement to the right)

Tony Flying back home after being left by the helicopter and Pepper Potts
    Tony Flying back home after being left by the helicopter and Pepper Potts

thetitan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By thetitan0

he really does seem to be the smartest person on marvel earth now.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Assman

He's looking supersweet in that new armour. I like it alot.  So, it's not extremis anymore, but it suites it'self up?
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @thetitan0 said:
    "he really does seem to be the smartest person on marvel earth now. "

Yea even Reed was impressed with how much potential to intelect Stark now has

@Assman:
    yea, Reed said "so this isnt only an upgrade to extremis, its and upgrade to you too" in which Tony responds something along the lines of " Its not just an upgrade its the next generation" Thats not word for word but that gets the point across
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I can not wait to read this issue. I have been enjoying IIM since World's Most Wanted, I liked the way they brought Tony back too with the mind whip and reboot. And I am really glad they decided to make Tony apologize for what he did, yet still stand by his decisions. The only think I am not to keen on is the fact that the movie Stark Industries and the comic one are merging with the nonmilitary applications. Although I see they want to make the two closer since the movie is coming out and when new readers pick it up there will be some similarities.

Overall good review.

TylerLux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TylerLux

This was wanna of the best moments in the history of Iron Man. If you think about it the Extremis was Windows Vista, But his new suit is Windows 7. This was just amazing. Plus I love the way he is acting. He is broke and has nothing to loose. This reminds me of when he defeated the Iron Monger and had to start rebuilding his company. This arc is going to rock. 

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Nova`Prime`: actuallyhe stated in this comic that he will not apologize for what he did.

@TylerLux: Yea i cant wait to get my hands on next months issue. I want to know what else this new armor can do: how strong, fast, durable, etc., etc.

Also i cant wait to see what this new R/T in his chest does to him, how smart he gets as well as how fast and strong he is even with out the suit.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I love the new design, I honestly was not a huge fan of Extremis, but this "Extremis 2.0" is really what Iron Man 2.0 should be like, sleek, perfectly portable, and most likely one of the most powerful Iron Man armors ever. And if it wasn't for the last pages in the issue showing how they came up with the design of the armor and giving us a glimpse of how it all works I would still be holding the issue going "What the crap?!" (really, I would). 

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @DEGRAAF: Oh my bad I thought you said he apologized in your review, even better.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @War Killer said:
    " I love the new design, I honestly was not a huge fan of Extremis, but this "Extremis 2.0" is really what Iron Man 2.0 should be like, sleek, perfectly portable, and most likely one of the most powerful Iron Man armors ever. And if it wasn't for the last pages in the issue showing how they came up with the design of the armor and giving us a glimpse of how it all works I would still be holding the issue going "What the crap?!" (really, I would).  "
    lol as soon as the meeting with the military happened and the sonic boom passed by and then Tony walked in immediately afterwards, thats when i knew his armor came in and out of his body like that.
    hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By hdorman1

cant wait to  buy this tomorrow 
    looks sweet

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12  Edited By The_Martian

It was a solid issue.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

i really want to know what the suit is made out of. I would like to see them do a one shot going in to more explanation about what the suit is made out of and what his thought process was when coming up with it. Did he know how fast and how strong he wanted it to be before he built it?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " i really want to know what the suit is made out of. I would like to see them do a one shot going in to more explanation about what the suit is made out of and what his thought process was when coming up with it. Did he know how fast and how strong he wanted it to be before he built it? "
    I was wondering the same thing, that's what I liked how they did it in the movie where Tony wasn't doing business or in bed with some random chick but when he was in his workshop creating the armor, I hope (and I'm sure) when Tony is showing off the new suit, he'll talk about what he did to create it and what it can all do, entering the mind of Tony Stark is the greatest thing in this series. (well, in one way or another)

@DEGRAAF said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " I love the new design, I honestly was not a huge fan of Extremis, but this "Extremis 2.0" is really what Iron Man 2.0 should be like, sleek, perfectly portable, and most likely one of the most powerful Iron Man armors ever. And if it wasn't for the last pages in the issue showing how they came up with the design of the armor and giving us a glimpse of how it all works I would still be holding the issue going "What the crap?!" (really, I would).  "
    lol as soon as the meeting with the military happened and the sonic boom passed by and then Tony walked in immediately afterwards, thats when i knew his armor came in and out of his body like that. "
    I thought the same thing, I figured the armor was either something like that or something where he could store it away quickly (like a suitcase) but I still like the final outcome. 
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @War Killer said:
    " @DEGRAAF said:
    " i really want to know what the suit is made out of. I would like to see them do a one shot going in to more explanation about what the suit is made out of and what his thought process was when coming up with it. Did he know how fast and how strong he wanted it to be before he built it? "
    I was wondering the same thing, that's what I liked how they did it in the movie where Tony wasn't doing business or in bed with some random chick but when he was in his workshop creating the armor, I hope (and I'm sure) when Tony is showing off the new suit, he'll talk about what he did to create it and what it can all do, entering the mind of Tony Stark is the greatest thing in this series. (well, in one way or another) 

"

yea i love his R&D and experimenting  in the movie more then the rest of the movie, my next favorite thing was him in conversation with those closest around him (Pepper, Happy, Jarvis, and Rhodes)
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By danhimself

holy crap did he just make an Iron Man suit out of air????!!!

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Caligula

meh, it's not that much different than his last one.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By danhimself
    @Caligula said:
    " meh, it's not that much different than his last one. "
    oh c'mon!!! you've seen like 2 panels of it!!!  you have no idea how similar or different it is from Extremis
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Caligula
    @danhimself said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " meh, it's not that much different than his last one. "
    oh c'mon!!! you've seen like 2 panels of it!!!  you have no idea how similar or different it is from Extremis "
    talking about looks, not function
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Caligula: Hmmmm...

Extremis
     Extremis

Bleeding Edge Armor
    Bleeding Edge Armor

I'm not seeing how they look alike?
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Caligula
    @War Killer said:
    " @Caligula: Hmmmm...

E
     E

Iron Man Armor
    Iron Man Armor
    "
    yeah barely any difference
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Caligula said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @Caligula: Hmmmm...

E
     E

Iron Man Armor
    Iron Man Armor
    "
    yeah barely any difference "
    Still, Tony's new armor does look awesome, I can't wait to see what cool tech Tony outfitted it with in the next issue! :D
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Caligula
    @War Killer: I will be more excited when i find out about all the upgrades.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Caligula: Agreed. I want to know everything about this new armor...and now when I think about it, is it really an armor anymore?
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I saw Iron Man 2 yesterday, and was feeling less than enamoured with Stark. Then I read this issue: 

OH MY GOD! 

AWESOME.

CombatCraigFM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By CombatCraigFM

OK I can't draw with a crap so I have no right to comment but still...what in the crap happened to Reed's head in these panels (I don't read FF so maybe I'm missing something)

No Caption Provided
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By AtPhantom

He expanded his brain to make himself smarter for a few moments. This is a nod to something Tony said early on in the series, that Reed is the smartest man in the world only because he cheats like that.

TylerLux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TylerLux
    @DEGRAAF: I know what you mean. I want to know if he still he still has the healing factor. It seems that he has a lot of the extremis abilities still, but that R/T unit amplifies that to a whole new level, along with is mind this time around.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By doordoor123

I didnt like how reed richard doesnt shave in Fantastic Four but he shaved for this issue and i also didnt like how Reed's costume was darker in this.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DH69

im just glad they kept the whole extremis concept, but it will still take me a while to get used to the new armor

CombatCraigFM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CombatCraigFM
    @AtPhantom said:
    " He expanded his brain to make himself smarter for a few moments. This is a nod to something Tony said early on in the series, that Reed is the smartest man in the world only because he cheats like that. "
    Thank you very much! Didn't know that - I thought maybe I was going crazy lol
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @CombatCraigFM:
    Right before that Tony told Reed that man started eating meat bc they need more energy to think more. That he states that man needed more power to become smarter but they needed to become smarter to gain more power. Than Tony says that the new hybrid R/T is connected directly to his brain, giving it unimagineable power. Than he asks Reed if he knows what that means. When i saw Reeds head i just figured he was physically showing Tony what his brain is basically now like, amazed by the answer

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.