Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron Man 2 To Be Released In IMAX

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Go big, or go home!

No Caption Provided

So if you can't have Iron Man 2 in 3-D, something that director John Favreau had initially shown interest in doing, then do the next best thing; give the audiences Iron Man 2 in IMAX, right? Well, that is exactly what IMAX, Marvel and Paramount have decided to do. According to a press release from IMAX, the upcoming film will officially be featured in IMAX theaters across the country. Clearly, the success of the first film and it's highly anticipated sequel is what led to the decision to send Iron Man 2 to IMAX. This means that the upcoming movie will be digitally remastered for the full vision and sound quality of "an IMAX Experience." Sounds like fun? Or is this a poor man's 3-D? After all the hype over AVATAR in 3-D, it seems like audiences have a lot of high expectations for their future movie experiences.

"The success of the first 'Iron Man' movie catapulted the franchise from the comic books to theatre screens, and we're excited that the IMAX format will offer fans an even more immersive way to experience the sequel," said Tim Connors, Chief Operating Officer, Marvel Studios.
    "'Iron Man 2' is a fantastic addition to our growing film slate for 2010, which is filling out faster than any previous year," said IMAX CEO Richard L. Gelfond. "The rollout of our digital projection system has enabled us to add more films to the slate, and we're very excited to partner with Marvel and Paramount on this next installment of the incredible 'Iron Man' franchise."
    "We're thrilled to once again be working with Paramount and our long time friends at Marvel Entertainment as we help to bring their characters to life in IMAX," said Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment. "The combination of Marvel's iconic 'Iron Man' story, Jon Favreau's brilliant vision and Paramount Pictures' talented team coupled with IMAX will make for a wild cinematic experience."

Okay, so the difference between going to see Iron Man 2 in IMAX as opposed to sitting through a normal movie experience is probably the difference of 5 or 6 dollars, but is the "experience" worth the extra cash? If it was a movie other than Iron Man, I would say no. Are you going to see Iron Man 2 this May, 7th 2010 in IMAX?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I'll see that movie even if I have to sell my left leg

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By hdorman1

yes 
    yes 
    and yes some more

GOUKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GOUKI

Its going to be shown at IMAX..eh? 

well thats good, The last time i was at the IMAX was when Batman Begins first got shown............yea that long ago....

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Adam Michaels

I have yet to watch anything in IMAX. And in all honesty, I don't know if the hype for it is real.
    mrduckluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrduckluck
    @reaper2923:
    ooh I want to do that
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I'd really like to see this movie in IMAX, but there is no IMAX theater in my area. Well, there is and there isn't. Out in Newport there is an IMAX theater near the aquarium that is across from a mall with a multiplex theater. A few years back the owner of the IMAX theater had some 'tax issues' and the place was shut down. It has sat there unused for years. It's seriously annoying.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Agent Buttons
    Joy
    Prizm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Prizm

HAZAH!!!
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

Dark Knight, Transformers (1 & 2) and Star Trek have all been at the IMAX without any 3D.  It's absolutely wonderful to see a film on a screen THAT big...  

But it puts the films to shame when you watch them on DVD in the comfort of your own home.
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By DH69

already took the day off for opening day, now i gotta take a 2 hours ride to the nearest imax...

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By SevanGrim

I NEVER cared about IMAX and 3d, but i regret not seeing Avatar in 3d, and i think i will be seeing Iron Man in IMax unless itssold out for a week like Avatar 3d was. I'm willing to shell out the extra bucks, but im not willing to see Iron Man 2 any later than midnight opening day.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Media_Master

I don't feel compelled to see this in IMAX.

Altar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Altar

I saw spider-man 3 in imax and it was dope, even tho i hated the movie. iron man 2 is gonna be that much better in imax.

Sylar0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sylar0

I think that Iron Man in IMAX will be about the same but I'll still go see it.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Moomin123

IMAX, Hooray!
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123

Epic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.