No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Rumor has it we may get to see 'Iron-Man 2' in 3-D

I am not one to go crazy over rumors like this, but if it were not for the fact that 'Iron-Man 2' director John Favreau had indicated he wanted to film the latest 'Iron-Man' film in 3-D, then I would completely disregard it. Problem is, he did. Back in July, MTV interviewed director John Favreau and he cited that he had become very interested in seeing 'Iron Man' in 3-D; particularly after having seen the footage of James Cameron's 'Avatar.' Favreau had cited that while it was too late to film the movie in 3-D due to costs, he would still consider reverting the footage to at IMAX format.

"I talked to Marvel after I'd seen [Cameron's footage] about doing 'Iron Man [2]' in 3-D," said Favreau back in July. "I was hoping to get a shot at doing it this time around, but it didn't work out that way. ... There are a few drawbacks to it at this point — there's more cost involved, and it also forces you to shoot digitally. My cinematographer [Matthew Libatique] really likes film, and 'Iron Man' had a certain look because it was film."
“[I like the idea of] either shooting in the IMAX format, or blowing it up to IMAX," he told MTV News later in the same interview.

So, what's the rumor? The folks over at Ain't It Cool seem to think that it is likely we will be seeing the 'Iron Man 2' film footage revert to 3-D. According to the report, the film makers have already begun discussions to do this with three different companies in order to calculate which would be the fastest and most cost effective. Obviously, the people behind the film always wanted to do something like this. Could this be a simple rumor, or does it have validity now that Marvel has Disney money to play with? It will be interesting to see how much of this is rumor, and whether or not it is likely we will get to see Tony Stark figuratively fly out of the big screen!
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

I really hope not...every movie that Disney is releasing now is 3-D and I for one can't stand to sit through a 3-D movie...they give me headaches

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

honestly, other than Jaws 3, part of a Freddy movie, and some thing way back when in Epcot Center
i dont think i've seen a 3-D movie.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aronmorales

3-D? really?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Korg

I think 3-D would be a bit much. The movie is already going to be drenched in CGI and special effects.

Carbine23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Carbine23

Nope sorry please NO

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

I've been impressed with what little 3D I've seen at IMAX.  As long as they don't waste time waving things towards the audience, it can be a very effective method of visual story-telling.  Instead of throwing axes out of the screen, it can be a subtle and unusual technique if used right.  Although... Vertigo it was very strange to suddenly experience the swirls of vertigo when just sat in a chair :p

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aronmorales

Please no 3-D, please...

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King Saturn
they wont need 3-D here... the IM 2 film will be just fine when it shows up on the IMAX screen
ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ryanwh

Obviously if it wasn't made with 3d in mind initially it would gain nothing from it, just like Up. All it would do is desaturate the colors and give people headaches.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Decept-O

Stay away from Ain't It (crap) Cool News.  All I'm saying.
conflik1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By conflik1986

if its 3d animation I think it b better that way at least we can b sure they can't fuck up the cast I mean Don Cheadle as war machine?? r u serious?? terrible choice if it were up to me I'd get dude dat played spawn what was his name Michael Jai white? or is dat dude dat played urkel? either way he'd b a better choice 4 war machine in my opinion so if ya ask me 3d animation would b a step up and if its anything like final fantasy advent children we'd b in for a real treat ... I'd spend $11.00 to see that besides I'm sick of seeing Hollywood screw up my favorite comics

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By TheMess1428

If you're going to go 3D, why not just do it in Iron-Man 3? Make it Iron-Man 3D.
E.Nigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By E.Nigma

I should hope not, never could stand 3D movies as most a done pretty bad and they give me horrible headaches. 

?
Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Agent Buttons
@TheMess1428 said:
"If you're going to go 3D, why not just do it in Iron-Man 3? Make it Iron-Man 3D. "

Clever
Pez85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pez85

Making IM2 3-D is like the prequel Star Wars trilogy......completely unnecessary. I fail to see what purpose it would serve, other than to make movie-goers seisure. 

Perhaps, if they REALLY feel the need to give the movie an extra boost, IMAX would be a better (and less nausiating) fit.
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I'm starting to get tired about all these movies for 3-D. It's being abused as some catchy new trend. It's starting to look like the same way they have been abusing Special Effects in movies.

One thing I can not stand about movie trailers now is that they actually show you some of the most amazing effects of the movie in the trailer. That ruins the fun when I finally see the movie. When it comes to trailers. I'm a minimalist.

OzzerOzby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OzzerOzby

When is this 3D crap gonna stop?
Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Dark Cell

3d=gay
ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ryanwh
@Pez85 said:
" Making IM2 3-D is like the prequel Star Wars trilogy......completely unnecessary. I fail to see what purpose it would serve, other than to make movie-goers seisure.  Perhaps, if they REALLY feel the need to give the movie an extra boost, IMAX would be a better (and less nausiating) fit. "
But that's what so baffling. Its not a new trend, this is literally the same 3d we had in the 70s. It hasn't evolved at all but movie producers are treating it like it was invented in 2008 or something.
Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Media_Master

Since Up did fine with 3-d, Iron man 3 could do it as well.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Meteorite

I got over 3D movies years ago. They're cool.... but I can handle a movie without it

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well, there would be the choice of 3-d or non id assume so it doesnt really matter.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AngelFrost

Final Destination 4 in 3D was pretty goood. :)

But I don't think it's the right thing for Iron Man.

Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dro

I get double vision with 3d glasses on. Last time I sat through a 3d movie, I actually took them off and watched it in quadruple vision because I could see the pictures better. This would absolutely destroy the movie for me, since I wouldn't be able to even watch it.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TazzMission

rumor surfaced that bat3 may be all an imax film. now a 3d ironman sounds cool but only for dvd
grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By grimreaper1980

cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.