Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11191 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Good Iron Man centric Avengers stories.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Are there any good Avengers stories where Iron Man plays a major role besides Civil War and Red Zone? I have mostly read stories from the 70 and 80's and here either Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver is the main characters.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#2  Edited By Extremis

The current New Avengers title is good. It starts out more heavy on Black Panther, but there are some great moments with Iron Man. That book explores Stark's intellectual ability (along with the other members') more than his physical prowess in the suit. So if you are looking for Iron Man in some serious action scenes I wouldn't recommend it.

The book has Marvel's greatest minds coming up with all types of world-saving solutions and having all sorts of debates about the ethics of such in the process. It's just great.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tupiaz

@extremis said:

The current New Avengers title is good. It starts out more heavy on Black Panther, but there are some great moments with Iron Man. That book explores Stark's intellectual ability (along with the other members') more than his physical prowess in the suit. So if you are looking for Iron Man in some serious action scenes I wouldn't recommend it.

The book has Marvel's greatest minds coming up with all types of world-saving solutions and having all sorts of debates about the ethics of such in the process. It's just great.

Sounds intresting I might check it out.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tupiaz

Is there other stories worth checking out?

Edit: I found storyline The Crossing is worth a read?

Spideress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tupiaz: I generally haven't heard great things about the Crossing, but I haven't read it myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.