Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11191 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Gillen writing Iron Man

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Gillen writing Iron Man....how do you like it?!!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Gillen writing Iron Man....how do you like it?!!

I've been reading some of the issues here and there. I couldn't get into Greg Land's terrible artwork (AKA tracing) so I stopped reading a while ago, but I've been digging the Rings of Mandarin (current arc) a bit.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The first few issues started off really good but once the secret origin arc started I felt it went down hill. Not even because of the origin change but because I just think the quality has dropped. It's been hanging on to my pull by a thread for nearly a year.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: @extremis: I like it,but some stuff are a tad boring.
    Say what you will about Land,his women and especially his Iron Man are excellent.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@punyparker: I personally enjoy Land's work. His run on Ultimate Fantastic Four is the best UFF art.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

What I've read I've found mediocre, but that's just me.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I personally enjoy Land's work. His run on Ultimate Fantastic Four is the best UFF art.

Agreed.
    Ultimate Power ,the first 1610 event was awesome too.....he drew all the characters.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: @punyparker:

I'm just tired of all these Iron Man artists who just phone it in by tracing to create the armor on the page. It's lazy and the opposite of art to me.

I would like to see a freehand artist on Iron Man again, someone with some style. Even if it looks wonky, it's better than some trace job I could do myself.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

I'm just tired of all these Iron Man artists who just phone it in by tracing to create the armor on the page. It's lazy and the opposite of art to me.

I would like to see a freehand artist on Iron Man again, someone with some style. Even if it looks wonky, it's better than some trace job I could do myself.

Well,like it or not,after 2008 Tony's drawn by Downey's likeness,and the armor like in the movie.....
    It's either good or bad.I like it,but i want comics seperated by the movies.....Marvel does the exact opposite.Even black Fury transfered into the 616.....the uniqeness and awesomeness of black Fury was in the 1610 U.....

Anyway,i digress,Iron Man's drawn cool.
    Read Original Sin #1,Deodato is an awesome artist,and the armor looks rad.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Extremis

@extremis said:

Well,like it or not,after 2008 Tony's drawn by Downey's likeness,and the armor like in the movie.....

It's either good or bad.I like it,but i want comics seperated by the movies.....Marvel does the exact opposite.Even black Fury transfered into the 616.....the uniqeness and awesomeness of black Fury was in the 1610 U.....

Anyway,i digress,Iron Man's drawn cool.

Read Original Sin #1,Deodato is an awesome artist,and the armor looks rad.

Oh i def agree about the Deodato thing on O.S. That's the kind of artist Iron Man needs. I feel like Marvel doesn't care about giving him a decent artist.

I don't mind them using the look of the armor from the movies, I'd just prefer a more honest artistic interpretation. Rather than a trace job. *cringes*

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: Mike D draws an awesome Spider-Man,an awesome Iron Man,Tony Stark,Peter Parker,women,the definitive Norman Osborn....EVERYTHING!!!!!

BTW have you seen this?!

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.