Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Getting started with Ironman

fooman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fooman

Hi,

I don't know much about comics in general, but really love the Ironman character. What should I read if I want to know the whole story and background. I didn't read the intro posted above as I don't really want spoilers, but is there some more comprehensive book/novel/collection i could read?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

I heard "Invincible Iron man" is quite good and has just 6 issues since it began.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Meteorite

Or Iron Man Essential vol. 1. It reprints early Iron Man issues. The only downfall is that its in Black and White 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

well right now i would recommend getting the invincible series...it's only 7 issues in and gives you a pretty good idea of what he's currently doing
    some others you might want to check out are:

civil war - that's where tony became the dick he is today
    iron man - getting cancelled next month at issue 35 so again not alot of issues for you to worry about
    you could go back and read his previous volumes but they arent really that relevant anymore

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.