Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

First Look: "Iron man: Armored Adventures" Concept Art

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Marvel gives a sneak peek at the concept art for their animated series!

One thing I really find exciting is watching the progression of a piece of art reaching it's final product, which is why when I stumbled across this on the Marvel website I could not pass up the chance to post it on Comic Vine. Of all the images in this post, I have to say that my favorite is that of the Iron Man's suit progression. I love the way the artist took the time to draw each and every piece of the Iron Man suit, measuring the way that it fits into the entire frame on Tony Stark's body. Check your local listings to catch "Iron Man: Armored Adventures" on Nicktoons to see the final product!

Storyboard concept art 
     Storyboard concept art 

"Stark Industries" lobby concept art 

"Iron Man" suit concept art

"Black Knight" concept art 
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By crazed_h3ro

cool , i kinda like the show after the black panther episode
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

It's funny when I watched this show at first, I hated everything about it..I mean Tony Stark as a teenager without a GOATEE! wtheck was I thinking watching it, but as time passed it's starting to look and get alot better, look what they did for Tony Starks lame rogues gallery. The guy who designed costumes and stuff actually managed to make them look awesome and give them a new attitude i'm glad things are picking up with this show, despite what everyone thinks I like it, also Black Knight looks awesome :p

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By FoxxFireArt

As an artist I love to see this kind of design work and get to see the step by step progression. Though I often don't like to show works in progress, because people can tend to be very judgmental. Not taking into consideration it's not complete.
    The artist who designed the characters for the Spectacular Spider-man animated series is a member of deviantArt. He posted his design work. It's some awesome work.

If you go to youtube you can find clips of artists drawing or coloring digitally. It's pretty cool.

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crazed_h3ro
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " As an artist I love to see this kind of design work and get to see the step by step progression. Though I often don't like to show works in progress, because people can tend to be very judgmental. Not taking into consideration it's not complete.
    The artist who designed the characters for the Spectacular Spider-man animated series is a member of deviantArt. He posted his design work. It's some awesome work. If you go to youtube you can find clips of artists drawing or coloring digitally. It's pretty cool. "

me too
    ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ryanwh

He looks about 16 years old in that orthos.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @crazed h3ro said:
    " @FoxxFireArt said:  me too "
    Oh, do you have a devArt profile?

@ryanwh:
    I believe that's because he is about sixteen in that series.
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Adam Michaels

I love watching the smoothness of the movements. I love it when animation has a real life like feel to the movements. And I also feel, as does geraldthesloth, that the show has made Iron Man's villains look real cool. I really liked Blizzard.  

BUT, it still goes without saying that they should have kept it all adult. Although we can understand the network (or maybe Marvel as well) wanted to make him more relatable to younger viewers (something Peter Parker has as Spider-Man), I just think it would have all been better if the show was what the comics was about: Tony Stark the adult. 

But in all honesty, I REALLY miss the 90s when all the heroes (despite having their own shows) were crossing over and showing up on each other's shows. I want that again. It seems now that they only make animated shows for characters with a film coming out.  

Just like "Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes" premiered when Rise of the Silver Surfer was released. Now, we got "Iron Man: Armored Adventures" that coincided with the Iron Man film. They have a Thor 26 episode season planned that will debut around the time the film is out. And another animated 26-episode season titled "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is scheduled for debut around the Avengers film.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bruce Vain

I like how they take some of Iron Man's lame villains like Black Knight & Blizzard and make them look sweet.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I like the show to a point

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Media_Master

I want that backpack!!!

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By burr787

Why is this show still on? They made Tony into a robot Peter Parker.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Nahero

black knight looks so awesome and the lance omg the lance hes packin some

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

There is going to be an episode with the incredible hulk, the hulk has to bring down iron man because his armor is out of control  

Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CrimsonComedian

Get rid of the crappy animation and put Tony as an adult and I'll watch it.

Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks very cool, and I agree with what Babs wrote. 

OzzerOzby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OzzerOzby

The Transformers transformation sound goes off in my head when I look at the suit concept art.
    nonobee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nonobee
    @CrimsonComedian said:
    " Get rid of the crappy animation and put Tony as an adult and I'll watch it. "
    Couldn't agree more about "tiny Tony".. not interesting watching the "pimple man" excusing himself for being out saving the world and not doing his homework.. to its excuse.. this is a cartoon.. unlike the 20 something Star Trek  Captain Kirk... Ever heard of experience?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.