Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11191 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Does Matt Fraction have the best iron man run of all time?

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Does Matt Fraction have the best iron man run of all time? (19 votes)

Yes 58%
    No 42%

I just reread fractions run an i still cant comprehend how amazing it is from storytelling to suspense an action it has everything an awsome iron man comic should have. Also the art is great an iron has a pretty bad@ss armor throughout it. I believe this series redefined tony stark just like robert downey jr did in the movies. I wish theyd bring fraction back on his own iron man series. It would be a great day for comic readers!

Do you believe its the best run? Leave your thoughts below

• 
    Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm planning to finish the entire run eventually but aaagghhhh just don't have enough time or money. I have the first three trades only, for now.

But yeah, general consensus seems to lean on it being the best modern run on the character.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 vance_astro  Moderator

No. Warren Ellis & Daniel Knauf were way better on Iron Man.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Veshark

No. Warren Ellis & Daniel Knauf were way better on Iron Man.

Loved Extremis, but haven't gotten around to the Director of Shield stuff. I did hear that it was very good though. A reviewer described Fraction's run as being more straight-up superheroics, while the Knaufs went for a more grounded, espionage type deal.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@veshark said:

Loved Extremis, but haven't gotten around to the Director of Shield stuff. I did hear that it was very good though. A reviewer described Fraction's run as being more straight-up superheroics, while the Knaufs went for a more grounded, espionage type deal.

Fraction's run is good, it's really good..Iron Man is one of the best books Marvel has had to offer for the last 5-10 years. I think the reason I liked Ellis & Knaufs Iron Man better though is because I was on and off with Iron Man before then. He had his moments but he wasn't really on my favorites list. Those writers MADE ME and Iron Man fan.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Fraction's run is good, it's really good..Iron Man is one of the best books Marvel has had to offer for the last 5-10 years. I think the reason I liked Ellis & Knaufs Iron Man better though is because I was on and off with Iron Man before then. He had his moments but he wasn't really on my favorites list. Those writers MADE ME and Iron Man fan.

Hmm, I might check it out, then, most seemed to have enjoyed it

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By daredevil21134

God I hated his Iron Man!I haven't enjoyed Iron Man since Director of Shield.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Worlds Most Wanted is one of my all time favorite series, I love Fractions run on Iron Man, I'm attempting to get the trades when I have the cash.

It's funny though, I loved Fractions Iron Man but didn't like his Thor run & Loved Gillens Thor run and disliked his Iron Man run, still makes me chuckle.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved extremis too an director of shield but i still like Fractions better

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By fodigg

I really, really liked Fraction's run.

Spideress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spideress

So far, I've loved all of Fraction's run, (except for the Unfixable storyline,that was horrible and a major WTF, but luckily was short). If you enjoy character-driven storylines and character exploration, you'll like Fraction's run. World's Most Wanted and Stark Dissassembled made me love the character again after the Civil War.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.