Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11191 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Comic Book 2-Minute Time-Out: Episode 28

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
    This video has an invalid file format.
    00:00:00
    Sorry, but you can't access this content!
    Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
    Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By LyraFay

He's got a Big Ass Wheel! Who came up with that villain?!

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I would say weak really. I'd say less "screen time" they don't nearly get trotted out as much as say the Bat rogues. Then again it's all subjective. I am Biased toward Iron man hehe

Cool vid =^-^=

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, when they do the solo Black Widow movie, Iron Man will be there, because he has to go back in time to the fifties, to help Howard Stark do something important, but also, mainly, to help fight the villain messing with Natasha--who has never left the 1950s, having been born in 1928, where she is torn between real feelings of love for Sergeant Barnes, and the cruelty of turning him into the Winter Soldier. Agent Carter is the SHIELD contact for Iron Man upon his arrival.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Personally I liked to see Ezekiel Stane appear in a future Iron Man movie. It's possibly that Obadiah Stane could have had a son in the MCU, so the idea of Ezekiel seeking revenge on Tony for his father's death could be interesting. They could even adapt Matt Fraction's The Five Nightmares storyline from Invincible Iron Man and adapt that into a film.

No Caption Provided

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Winter_Kills

Personally I liked to see Ezekiel Stane appear in a future Iron Man movie. It's possibly that Obadiah Stane could have had a son in the MCU, so the idea of Ezekiel seeking revenge on Tony for his father's death could be interesting. They could even adapt Matt Fraction's The Five Nightmares storyline from Invincible Iron Man and adapt that into a film.

No Caption Provided

I agree with this, Ezekiel Stane would be an awesome villain, and give a deeper look into the first villain in the Iron Man movies. I'd also like to see the Titanium Man at some point- IM's first battle against him was epic, and it'd be cool to see him get revamped for the movies. I also thought that after the Avengers: Age of Ultron, you could have the opportunity to pit Tony perhaps against his greatest nemesis yet- his own armor, his own creation. With Ultron introduced by the aforementioned film, you could adapt "The Mask in the Iron Man", with cinematic differences of course. I think it would be cool on film to see Tony's armor become sentient, and become a threat- and Tony has to use his intelligence & resourcefulness to defeat an enemy that he created- an enemy that is almost a part of him, that knows Tony better than anyone having been in his mind, and a creation of his intellect. It'd have great dramatic points for RDJ as Tony, and cool moments as the armor evolves- the struggle becoming an external as well as an internal one. The aftermath of this film could really have an effect on Tony's future as iron Man, making him question himself and his decisions, and seeking alcohol as a release- which could set up for the next film, dealing with an even greater enemy than his errant creation- himself, in a film that would adapt parts of the "Demon in a Bottle" story. Perhaps Ezekiel Stane could even be worked in here, as the external threat to Tony's life & his company(taking the place of Justin Hammer in the books, Stane being a more serious threat than the MCU version of Hammer.) that he faces as he has his own internal struggle with the demon alcohol.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I agree with this, Ezekiel Stane would be an awesome villain, and give a deeper look into the first villain in the Iron Man movies. I'd also like to see the Titanium Man at some point- IM's first battle against him was epic, and it'd be cool to see him get revamped for the movies. I also thought that after the Avengers: Age of Ultron, you could have the opportunity to pit Tony perhaps against his greatest nemesis yet- his own armor, his own creation. With Ultron introduced by the aforementioned film, you could adapt "The Mask in the Iron Man", with cinematic differences of course. I think it would be cool on film to see Tony's armor become sentient, and become a threat- and Tony has to use his intelligence & resourcefulness to defeat an enemy that he created- an enemy that is almost a part of him, that knows Tony better than anyone having been in his mind, and a creation of his intellect. It'd have great dramatic points for RDJ as Tony, and cool moments as the armor evolves- the struggle becoming an external as well as an internal one. The aftermath of this film could really have an effect on Tony's future as iron Man, making him question himself and his decisions, and seeking alcohol as a release- which could set up for the next film, dealing with an even greater enemy than his errant creation- himself, in a film that would adapt parts of the "Demon in a Bottle" story. Perhaps Ezekiel Stane could even be worked in here, as the external threat to Tony's life & his company(taking the place of Justin Hammer in the books, Stane being a more serious threat than the MCU version of Hammer.) that he faces as he has his own internal struggle with the demon alcohol.

They could tie Ezekiel Stane in with the real Mandarin, possibly having the two working together to bring Tony Stark down. They could even bring back Justin Hammer as well,

I think Demon in the Bottle could also be a great storyline, though probably not on its own. They touched on it a bit in Iron Man 2, but they could easily flesh it out more in future movies.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

When it comes to heroes and their villains, why does a particular villain always have to be taken care of by a particular hero? So many heroes and villains are in New York City yet when the Green Goblin makes an appearance it's always Spiderman to the rescue. Why doesn't Captain America ever step in? Is there a rule that if a certain villain "A" makes a move then hero "A" has to step in? Why in the next Iron Man movie does it have to be an Iron Man villain? Most movie-goers don't even know who Iron Man rogues gallery is so the writer/studio could actually use any villain. How about Iron Man vs Dr Doom or The Wrecking Crew.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#11 wildvine  Moderator

Just make him fight Hulk already

JPWolf5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Yes and have Sasha Hammer as Ezekiel's Girlfriend and the daughter of the real Mandarin. The Mandarin then appears in Iron Man 5 coming after Tony for the death of his daughter (IM4) and most importantly the destruction of his reputation from IM3 (which he comes to blame Tony for).

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@war_killer said:

No Caption Provided

I disagree with this, simply because we've seen this so many times before - where someone has a kid, a protege, or a successor who comes back for revenge in a sequel. I'm not interested in another revenge sequel. There's plenty of them already.

Since you guys mention Fraction, though, I wish they could do Most Wanted. Norman Osborn worked so well as an Iron Man villain but there's obviously no way they can use him. It's really too bad because Tony needs someone who can match his wit - someone who utterly hates him and can challenge him mentally.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer:

I was thinking they could tie Ezekiel in with the real Mandarin as well. I agree, "Demon in a Bottle" wouldn't work as a whole film, that's why you'd need external struggles for Tony to face alongside his internal struggle with the demon drink- and Stane, the true Mandarin, and even some financial maneuvers by Justin Hammer could definitely fit the bill. To me, what's great about Tony Stark is facing his demons, his mistakes, and also facing against those who seek to destroy him financially and literally- being beaten down, but finding that inner resolve to fight back and become stronger, become better. That's what makes Tony inspiring to me- that's what makes him Iron Man, literally & figuratively.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@extremis:

Stane's revenge would be secondary in my premise- the true struggle would be Tony against his own personal demons, his errant creation(and they hinted at the armor becoming autonomous in IM3) and his alcoholism. External villains like Stane and the true Mandarin would mainly be contributing factors to Tony's greater struggle.

kingofwhales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr.Spectrum

M.O.D.O.K.

Blood Brothers (he can then use his Hulk Buster armor)

Intro She-Hulk (He can then use his Hulk Buster armor)

Intro Captain Marvel

Controller

Ultimo

Intro Sub Mariner with Atlantis invasion

One I`d like to see most is intro Squadron Supreme. With DC all set to go with justice league this would be great. :-)

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Extremis

@winter_kills said:

#

@extremis:

Stane's revenge would be secondary in my premise- the true struggle would be Tony against his own personal demons, his errant creation(and they hinted at the armor becoming autonomous in IM3) and his alcoholism. External villains like Stane and the true Mandarin would mainly be contributing factors to Tony's greater struggle.

I suppose that's slightly better than what I was picturing, though we have already seen nods to some of that stuff from the comics so I don't see them broaching the alcoholism thing in particular. Also, I think the Mandarin stuff is done as well.

This discussion in general is interesting because I think we're going to start to see whether Marvel can do with these characters in the movies like they have in the comics, like Feige has stated. I think the movie industry is different than the comicbook industry and it definitely poses some problems for these franchises moving forward, especially if they want "quality" sequels. Maybe that's why we haven't heard anything about a 4th IM film.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: You may be right about that. There needs to be a quality IM sequel. There are things I like about IM3, things I don't. Unlike Cap: Winter Soldier, which is a huge step in the right direction. There can be humor in the story, Cap: Winter Soldier showed that, with things said by Natasha, Falcon, Fury & even Cap himself- but it didn't dominate, like in IM3, where every dramatic moment was broken by a one-liner. I think Marvel has learned from that mistake, & the success of the grittier, darker Cap: WS film has shown them what people want. The scenarios I mentioned above are things that I think Marvel Studios could do with IM that would let him keep his snarkiness- the things people love about RDJ's Tony Stark- but give a more compelling story, with drama & gripping character moments that put you on the edge of your seat, as well as the action. It's possible to do that with an IM film I believe- with the right writing and direction. No more Kiss Kiss Bang Bang style Stark. And no more Iron Patriot- bring back War Machine dammit!

Hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as an Iron Man story does not involve:

• Someone taking control/Stark losing control of the Iron Man Suit/tech.
    • Stark losing control over Stark Industries.

Hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hassun

As long as an Iron Man story does not involve:

• Someone taking control/Stark losing control of the Iron Man Suit/tech.
    • Stark losing control over Stark Industries.

Considering the chemistry between Stark and Banner in The Avengers and IM3 post credits scene I would support the next Iron Man film being an Iron Man/Hulk film. Just like how the next Superman film is Batman/Superman.

This eliminates the gamble of having to make another Incredible Hulk film as well.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: No more Kiss Kiss Bang Bang style Stark. And no more Iron Patriot- bring back War Machine dammit!

Hear, hear!

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@

@extremis said:

@winter_kills said:

@extremis: No more Kiss Kiss Bang Bang style Stark. And no more Iron Patriot- bring back War Machine dammit!

Hear, hear!

Heck yeah bro. The Kiss Kiss Bang Bang feel has got to go. There might be Marvel characters that could have that could of feel, but IM isn't one of them. And I thought the Iron Patriot rebranding thing was so unnecessary, I mean it brought nothing more to the movie or Rhodey's character and was a red white and blue joke, even to the characters in the film. He has one of the most badass armors, and it seems like they play it down, even in IM2, the joke with the "ex-wife"...come-on, he's War Machine, he's supposed to be badass! It's like they're afraid the coolness of his armor will upstage Tony or something, I dunno. Bring back the badass War Machine suit with all the guns or an upgrade. I hate that the comics also followed suit & made Rhodey Iron Patriot- I mean, isn't there some stigma attached to that name because of a certain Stormin' Norman? 'Cause when I hear Iron Patriot, that's what I think. When I hear James "Rhodey" Rhodes, I think War Machine.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When it comes to heroes and their villains, why does a particular villain always have to be taken care of by a particular hero? So many heroes and villains are in New York City yet when the Green Goblin makes an appearance it's always Spiderman to the rescue. Why doesn't Captain America ever step in? Is there a rule that if a certain villain "A" makes a move then hero "A" has to step in? Why in the next Iron Man movie does it have to be an Iron Man villain? Most movie-goers don't even know who Iron Man rogues gallery is so the writer/studio could actually use any villain. How about Iron Man vs Dr Doom or The Wrecking Crew.

they do that in the comics sometimes. the movie universe is different. marvel doesn't own the rights to all it's villains.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'd like to see Living Laser as a villain in one of the movies.

KHiscall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

til I looked at the receipt that said $5627 , I didnt believe ...that...my best friend was realy making money part-time from their computer. . there best friend has been doing this for only about 21 months and by now repaid the mortgage on there home and got a top of the range Lotus Elan . hop over to this site ............WWW.WORKS23.US

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.