Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11191 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Ben Kingsley's Secret Marvel Project Revealed

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

*****Iron Man 3 SPOILERS*****

I just read this on ign:

"As we all now know, Kingsley played actor Trevor Slattery in Iron Man 3 rather than the villain himself. According to Latino Review, the secret project is a Marvel One Shot in which 'The REAL Mandarin is furious with Aldrich Killian and Ben Kingsley’s character Trevor Slattery for the mockery they made of the real Mandarin’s identity and legacy. The real Mandarin wants to set the record straight'.”

Is Marvel fixing Mandarian "problem" in Iron Man 3? Will we se the real Mandarin on Iron Man 4? Didnt Trevor say in the film they gave him plastic surgery, maybe they where trying to make him look like the real Mandarin and Kingsly will be playing him as well?

What do you guys think about this?

LightPsyche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By LightPsyche

I was looking over the Wikipedia page for The MCU and stumbled upon the same thing (possibly): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

At the bottom of the page, sub-titled "Potential Projects", I was intrigued to believe that what you read could very well come true; I personally would love to see the Mandarin done right, for it to detract people from IM3's Trevor problem, to address the problem in IM4 and to hide him from IM4 trailers (quite the opposite from IM3's trailers in which they campaign the Mandarin) so that in IM4, he is a surprise to fans and the main villain in the movie.

That would be a good ender to the Iron Man franchise IMO!

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They DID say Trevor had plastic surgery to make him look different. Perhaps they were working off a picture of the REAL Mandarin, who they thought was dead, indisposed, or otherwise unable to object to them using his likeness and name?

LightPsyche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maybe another actor could be the real Mandarin in a hopeful IM4; in IM4, Ben Kingsley's Trevor could appear alongside the real Mandarin and be zapped by the Mandarin.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be a good way to fix him in my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.