Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11191 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Almost Too-Real Iron Man Suits

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Last week, I showed you all the almost too-real (and extra-pricey) Iron Man figure. If the detail and realism gave you pause, imagine that figure at life size, hold that image in your mind and then check out this video from Sideshow Collectibles...  

Remember this, kids?
     Remember this, kids?

Wow… they are amassing an armory in that studio set. 

Or this one?
     Or this one?

The differences between the Mark I and Mark III are quite pronounced, of course, but I’m curious to see how fine the differences are between the Mark IV and Mark VI. There’s certainly an extensive selection of suits throughout the character’s history to choose from - - I’d be curious to see if they ever incorporate the red-and-silver-with-triangle-chest-piece from the 80s and then maybe the “green smokestack” suit from HEROES REBORN.

I’ve talked about how Marvel’s had a great track record of getting the right people for all these movies. Pretty much all the casting and crew choices have been dart-in-the-bullseye spot on. One of the best of such decisions, in my opinion, was Jon Favreau’s bringing in Stan Winston Studios (now Legacy Studios) for all the practical effects in the first movie.

Battle thread! Iron Man vs. the Alien Queen!
     Battle thread! Iron Man vs. the Alien Queen!

Shame on you if you haven’t heard of Winston and his studio before - - they’re the creative force behind so many famous creatures in the sci-fi and fantasy movie world. The Terminator, the Alien Queen, the Predator, the BATMAN RETURNS Penguin… the list just goes on and on, and they’ve just kept one-upping themselves. I’ll be curious to see how Legacy Studios does after Stan’s passing - - to see where his spirit will guide the studio - - but videos like this give me some good assurance. I’m sure they’ve still got some rabbits to pull out of the hat for this movie that they haven’t shown us here. Indeed, I’d love to see them do a take on Ghost, as I brought up yesterday.

Do you concur, oh prosthetic Comic Vine community? What other armors would you like to see in IRON MAN 2 or 3?  

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By cmaprice

Would sell soul for one.

Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Silver Knight75

This is beyond amazing!

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Agent Buttons
    Awesome
    AndyKeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AndyKeel

awesome

Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Archetype

I'd love to have the Mark 1 just standing somewhere in my house,as you enter or in the living room or watching over me as I sleep! maybe with a faint glow and hum of the arc reactor.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

If i get to see the Silver Centurion on screen my brains will fall out!

Fuloqwam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fuloqwam

Ha!  The IM armour at 1:26 looks like Ultron!

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By goldenkey

awsome

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CylonDorado

Alien Queen, FTW
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Moomin123

Iron Monger looked wicked.
    FreeSpirtitL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FreeSpirtitL

@cmaprice: Sir, I am not a spammer. I have no intentions at all. You can build you an iron man suit. Pictures are on the site. http://bit.ly/1ipP0Te

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.