As the name implies, the Hulkbuster was a specific variant of the Iron Man Armor designed to combat the Hulk.
In Other Media
Iron Man: The Animated Series
The Hulkbuster armor appears in the Iron Man: The Animated Series episode "Hulk Buster." After Iron Man and the Hulk are accidentally sent back in time by two of the Mandarin's rings, James Rhodes modifies a suit of heavy duty demolition armor Tony had developed so that it can be used to fight the Hulk. When the suit is sent back through the time portal, Tony uses it to hold his own against the Hulk. Curiously, despite the heavily toyetic nature of the series, the Hulkbuster design used in the episode does not match the one in the show's tie-in action figure line.
The Incredible Hulk: The Animated Series
The Hulkbuster armor appears in the Incredible Hulk: The Animated Series episode "Helping Hand, Iron Fist."
Iron Man: Armored Adventures
The Hulkbuster suit appears in the Iron Man: Armored Adventures episode "Uncontrollable", where Tony builds it to contend with the rampaging Hulk. The suit is even larger and more fortified than the War Machine armor.
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
The Hulkbuster armor appears several times in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, starting in the episode "Everything is Wonderful", where Tony uses it to battle Wonder Man. A more advanced model reappears in the two-part episode "The Ultron Imperative", where it is shown as one of the models hijacked by Ultron before being obliterated by Thor. A rebuilt model is shown in the second season episode "The Deadliest Man Alive", where Tony is forced to use it to battle the out of control Hulk.
Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United
The Hulkbuster armor appears in the animated film Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United, where it is controlled by Zzzax and used to battle the Hulk and Iron Man.
Iron Man 3
A suit of armor similar to the Hulkbuster appears in Iron Man 3. Dubbed the Igor, it is one of the new suits Tony builds as part of his Iron Legion. It is used during the final battle against Aldrich Killian and his Extremis soldiers, and is presumably destroyed when Tony activates the self-destruct sequence he installed in the Iron Legion.
Avengers: Age of Ultron
The Hulkbuster armor appears in Avengers: Age of Ultron, where it is referred to as "Veronica," in reference to the Archie Comics character. It is used by Tony to subdue the Hulk after Bruce Banner is driven mad by Scarlet Witch's powers.
Avengers: Infinity War
An upgraded version of the Hulkbuster armor appears in Avengers: Infinity War. After a brutal fight with Thanos at the beginning of the movie, Bruce Banner discovers that he is unable to transform into the Hulk. In order to assist the rest of the Avengers during the fight with the Black Order and the army of Outriders, Banner brings the new Hulkbuster armor to Wakanda, where he pilots it. During the final battle, Banner uses the Hulkbuster armor to kill Cull Obsidian.
The Incredible Hulk
The Hulkbuster armor appears in the video game adaptation of The Incredible Hulk, though it is not present in the film itself. The suit is essentially a palette swap of the Hulk himself, and possesses similar abilities and attributes.
Iron Man 2
The Hulkbuster armor is a playable suit in the video game adaptation of Iron Man 2, though it does not actually appear in the movie.
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
The Hulkbuster armor appears in Lego Marvel Super Heroes.
Disney Infinity 3.0
The Hulkbuster is playable in Disney Infinity 3.0 as part of the "Marvel Battlegrounds" expansion.
- A Hulkbuster figure was released for Toy Biz's line for the original Iron Man animated series.
- The Hulkbuster was featured in Toy Biz's Marvel Legends line as part of the Legendary Riders wave.
- Diamond Collectibles released a Hulkbuster toy for the Marvel Select line.
- Hasbro released various Hulkbuster figures to promote Age of Ultron. One was the subject of a Build-a-Figure wave for the Marvel Legends line, which could be assembled after purchasing the seven figures in the line (Marvel NOW! Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Vision, Blizzard, Valkyrie, Thundra and War Machine), each of which came with a piece of the Hulkbuster.
- Hot Toys released a large, ultra-detailed Hulkbuster figure based off its appearance in Age of Ultron.
- Lego released a Hulkbuster kit for the company's line of Age of Ultron products.
- The Infinity War version of Hulkbuster was featured in products from Lego.
- Bandai produced an Infinity War Hulkbuster figure as part of the S.H. Figuarts line.
- Bowen Designs released a Hulkbuster statue depicting the armor's classic comic appearance. A battle damaged variant was also released.
- Iron Studios produced a Hulkbuster statue.
- Kotobukiya released a Hulkbuster statue as part of the company's ARTFX line.
- Diamond Select produced a statue of the Hulkbuster as it appeared in Infinity War.
- Iron Studios produced a Hulkbuster statue as part of an Infinity War diorama depicting his fight with Cull Obsidian.