Follow

Iron Man Armor

Object » Iron Man Armor appears in 3006 issues.

Tony Stark has designed and built a variety of armors which he uses as Iron Man. Their appearance and capabilities are continually evolving as Tony modifies and upgrades his technology.

Strength of Armor

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By weaponxx

What is the strength of the "standard" Iron Man and War Machine armor?  I have been thinking about this a lot and want to know what metals they are using to make them so tough. It seems to me that most metals don't stand up to many of the heavy hitters.... I don't know. What do you think?

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By weaponxx

Anybody:(?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @weaponx: Well its not just the armor but force fields and structural integrity fields as wekk. I remember one of Iron Man's armors was like cloth and went rigid when energy was applied making it solid. So it wasn't just the metal but the energy making it stronger than it should. At the beginning of vol 3 he also had an energy field around him that sapped momentum so bullets just dropped off after hitting him rather than ricocheting around and possible hurting others.
    weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By weaponxx
    @PrinceIMC:  oh... thanks, that is starting to make things clearer..
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Both Iron Man and War Machine are in Marvel's upper limits of the class 6 (75-100 tons range). Based on feats, Iron Man has lifted a nuclear reactor of over 16000 tons by pushing an earlier model of his armor at its limits. That feat occurred back in 1990. Twenty years and more than 10 upgrades later, he can only be stronger.
    weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By weaponxx
    @Morpheus_:  wow... 16,000 tons.... didn't know iron man was that strong... thanks man:)
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @weaponx said:
    " @Morpheus_:  wow... 16,000 tons.... didn't know iron man was that strong... thanks man:) "
    Anytime. And here it is.  

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Walker696

ok so can anybody tell me how strong the new armor he's using is, because if his old armor can lift 16,000 tons when pushed, I wanted know how strong his new armor is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.