In Other Media
The Modular Armor was the main suit used by Iron Man in the show, reflecting the comics at the time. This same design was used when Iron Man guest-starred in Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Fantastic Four: The Animated Series, and The Incredible Hulk. In the first season of the Iron Man cartoon, the Modular Armor featured an uncharacteristic mouth slit (a feature included in most other Iron Man armors, but not this particular one). The helmet was redesigned for the second season, and the mouth slit was removed to give the suit a more comic-accurate appearance.
- The Modular Armor was used in the various Marvel vs. Capcom games released throughout the 90s. This, coupled with its use in the TV show, has made it one of Iron Man's most recognizable suits. It was officially retired after Marvel vs. Capcom 2, as Marvel vs. Capcom 3 instead used the more recent Extremis Armor.
- Iron Man wears the Modular Armor in the Capcom beat-'em-up game Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems.
- The Modular Armor was featured in ToyBiz's action figure line for Iron Man: The Animated Series.
- The Modular Armor was featured in ToyBiz's deluxe Marvel Projectors line.
- ToyBiz included a figure of Iron Man in the Modular Armor as part of a Face-Off two-pack with the Mandarin.
- The Modular Armor was featured in the Iron Man through Ages box set from Diamond Select's Minimates line.
- Bowen Studios produced a statue of the suit.