The MK. VII armor was designed for James Rhodes to use as Iron Man, but Tony Stark was forced to don the armor himself to battle the Iron Monger. Reclaiming his role as Iron Man, Stark continued to wear the armor up until it was destroyed during the Armor Wars. While wearing this armor, James Rhodes still operated as a second Iron Man wearing the Mk. V armor (again up until he retired when it was destroyed during Armor Wars).
The armor was later worn by Michael o'Brien.
In Other Media
The Silver Centurion armor appears in the third Iron Man movie as part of the "House Party Protocol" during the final battle. It is designated Mark 33 in this continuity. Tony dons the armor during the fight with Aldrich Killian, but the suit is rendered unusable after Killian uses his Extremis powers to destroy its Arc Reactor.
The Silver Centurion armor appears in the episode "Shell Games," where it is one of the suits used to attack the Fantastic Four.
The Silver Centurion suit appears in the episode "Whiplash," where Tony builds it to help contend with the titular villain.
The Silver Centurion appears in the episode "The Ultron Imperative" as one of the suits Ultron hijacks and forces to fight the Avengers. It is presumably destroyed during the subsequent battle against Black Panther and Hawkeye.
- ToyBiz released a figure of Iron Man in the Silver Centurion armor as part of Marvel Legends Wave 7.
- Hasbro released a Silver Centurion figure for the Super Hero Squad line as part of an Iron Man-themed box set.
- Hasbro released a figure of Iron Man in the Silver Centurion armor as part of a "Greatest Battles" two-pack with the Mandarin.
- Hasbro released a Silver Centurion figure as part of the Iron Man 2 Comic Series line.
- Hasbro released a figure of Silver Centurion Iron Man for the Iron Man: Armored Adventures toyline.
- Hasbro released a figure of the Silver Centurion armor for the Marvel Universe line.
- Lego released a minifig of Iron Man in the Silver Centurion suit.
- Hot Toys released a figure of Iron Man in the Silver Centurion suit from Iron Man 3.
- 3A released a Silver Centurion variant armor figure designed by Ashley Wood.