Follow

Iron Fist

Character » Iron Fist appears in 2256 issues.

The latest in a long line of warriors who wielded the power, Danny Rand is the immortal Iron Fist: protector of the mystical city of K'un Lun. He channels the soul of the dragon Shou-Lao making his fists into powerful weapons. He is among the best, if not the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. He has also been a member of The Defenders and the New Avengers.

What would an Iron Fist movie be about?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

Having only read the first trade of Immortal Iron Fist (which I LOVED), I really don't know enough about the character to think about what his own movie would be about. While it'd probably just be an origin film, I'd like to know what plots people here at the vine would come up with. Would you put Cage in it? The Heroes for Hire? Steel Serpent? etc. 

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By hydrabob--defunct

Danny Rand :P

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous
    @hydrabob said:
    " Danny Rand :P "
    Essentailly...and of course his growth from youth, to losing his parents in the Himalayas ...and being saved by a student of the lost city of K'un Lun

If it doesn't start there...well, good luck!
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @hydrabob said:
    "Danny Rand :P "

NO! IT WILL OBVIOUSLY BE ABOUT CHUCK NORRIS!!!

Chuck Norris
    Chuck Norris

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Kairan1979

Plane crash --> accidentally stumbling upon the Lost City --> training ---> rivalry with Davos ---> becoming the Iron Fist ----> returning to the civilisation ----> inheriting Rand fortune ----> hiring Luke Cage or Misty Knight to find out who was responsible for his parents' deaths ---> vengeance.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think it should pretty much be a pure adaptation of his comic book origin. Parents are taking him to K'un-Lun, father is murdered in the process, mother dies saving Danny, Danny trains hard for ten years and becomes the Iron Fist and goes back to New York for revenge. Could include Luke Cage as one of Meachum's hired bodyguards, maybe even Rand-Meachum was behind the experiment that made Luke Cage invulnerable. In exchange for working as Meachum's bodyguard Luke will get his criminal record cleared. Danny and Luke have to fight and then Luke realizes that Meachum is the bad guy and they take him down together.

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By moviegeek17

I think they should adapt the brubaker and fraction storyline into film. It tells us everything we need to know about iron fist and i think it would make one hell of a film :)

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

@moviegeek17

That would make a badass movie. They'd probably have to add in a flashback or two, but it'd make a solid film.

@PrinceIMC said:

I think it should pretty much be a pure adaptation of his comic book origin. Parents are taking him to K'un-Lun, father is murdered in the process, mother dies saving Danny, Danny trains hard for ten years and becomes the Iron Fist and goes back to New York for revenge. Could include Luke Cage as one of Meachum's hired bodyguards, maybe even Rand-Meachum was behind the experiment that made Luke Cage invulnerable. In exchange for working as Meachum's bodyguard Luke will get his criminal record cleared. Danny and Luke have to fight and then Luke realizes that Meachum is the bad guy and they take him down together.

That sounds more like a Heroes for Hire movie. I think that'd be more successful than an Iron Fist solo, imo.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Loki9876

well they should really focus on the asian and magic stuff because else the movie is going to look like batman begins.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By batkevin74

Do the Hydra take over story. Opens with Daniel Rand day dreaming at the business meeting, maybe a cameo by Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock (peoples heads would explode!), and then brieg origin story then getting into the rough & tumble vs Hydra agents with a massive one on one fight with Davos to end. Have Luke Cage pop up in the final credits for more head explosions!

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By darktiger

@batkevin74 said:

Do the Hydra take over story. Opens with Daniel Rand day dreaming at the business meeting, maybe a cameo by Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock (peoples heads would explode!), and then brieg origin story then getting into the rough & tumble vs Hydra agents with a massive one on one fight with Davos to end. Have Luke Cage pop up in the final credits for more head explosions!

good idea

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slimj87d

My dream would be a trilogy with Orson Randall already as the Iron Fist and training his ward Dannys father and it would be an awesome Indiana Jones like movie with Orson disappearing in the end and Dannys father going on his own to be Iron Fist and dying handing Danny to Kun Lun. Danny would fight Davos and become the IF in #2 and he fights and discovers Orson Randall, and defeats the IF killer, wins the 7 city tournament in #.

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

I'd like a Heroes for Hire film with Luke Cage.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Strafe Prower

@SlimJ87D said:

My dream would be a trilogy with Orson Randall already as the Iron Fist and training his ward Dannys father and it would be an awesome Indiana Jones like movie with Orson disappearing in the end and Dannys father going on his own to be Iron Fist and dying handing Danny to Kun Lun. Danny would fight Davos and become the IF in #2 and he fights and discovers Orson Randall, and defeats the IF killer, wins the 7 city tournament in #.

This

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By slimj87d

@Strafe Prower said:

@SlimJ87D said:

This

I wrote my own blog on this board here because I want to see how people specifically feel about it.

phamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An Iron Fist movie should be based on the original storyline of the comics, similar to SlimJ87D thoughts on a trilogy.

But instead of a trilogy, it should be all rolled into one movie. That's my thoughts. BTW, I did find an Iron Fist trailer that pretty good for a fan trailer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMtVeSYjUA

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Base off his original origin storyline

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

His sister?

jackm1226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By jackm1226

DAVOS working for Yu Ti to kill Danny Rand!!!!!!!!! Lei Kung would be a great supporting character as well as Lei Kung and Luke Cage (Cage only if he's organic to the story.)

nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I know I'd love the second movie to be an adaptation of Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker's stuff, while I was watching it, I couldn't help but think of it as a movie anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.