Follow

Iron Fist

Character » Iron Fist appears in 2256 issues.

The latest in a long line of warriors who wielded the power, Danny Rand is the immortal Iron Fist: protector of the mystical city of K'un Lun. He channels the soul of the dragon Shou-Lao making his fists into powerful weapons. He is among the best, if not the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. He has also been a member of The Defenders and the New Avengers.

Power Man And Iron Fist

RaydelFugeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RaydelFugeo

I am old. I just got back in to comics. What Happened to these guys. I used the read them every month. Why are they not partners anymore?

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By speedlgt

cause Ironfist can sell a monthly title and luke cage cant. LOL!!!

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By avengpymhawk

Both characters are currently in the New Avengers. I think that Marvel should team these two all over again too as the true Heroes of Hire.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

Luke also makes regular appearances in Immortal Iron Fist. Though its going on hiatus for a while to focus on other Immortal Weapons.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius
    avengpymhawk said:
    "

Both characters are currently in the New Avengers. I think that Marvel should team these two all over again too as the true Heroes of Hire.

"
    Iron Fist left the New Avengers to deal with his personal problems.
    the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the Vica
    Alpha said:
    "avengpymhawk said:
    "

"
    Iron Fist left the New Avengers to deal with his personal problems. "
    And by "Personal problems" he means "He's trapped in hell"

:P

I think it would be great to put the team back together, even though Luke has appeared pretty consistently throughout the series... Hell they could just change the name of the book to "the Immortal Iron Fist and Power Man"... Hmm... Cage needs an advective for his name... Unbreakable? Actually he doesn't even call himself Power Man anymore... Never mind.

Still, putting the duo back together means we wouldn't get any more stories like the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven or Escape from the Eighth City, ya know, stories about Danny doing his own mystical thing.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By speedlgt

cage needs to grow as a character

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC
    the Vica said:
    "Alpha said:
    "avengpymhawk said:
    "

"

I think it would be great to put the team back together, even though Luke has appeared pretty consistently throughout the series... Hell they could just change the name of the book to "the Immortal Iron Fist and Power Man"... Hmm... Cage needs an advective for his name... Unbreakable? Actually he doesn't even call himself Power Man anymore... Never mind.

Still, putting the duo back together means we wouldn't get any more stories like the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven or Escape from the Eighth City, ya know, stories about Danny doing his own mystical thing.
    "
    Its not that we wouldn't get mystical stories anymore, they'd just get split up with some of Luke's own stories. Imagine how badass it'd be if Luke was alongside Danny in the Eighth City.

'Immortal Iron Fist and Unbreakable Luke Cage' might be a mouthful. 'Immortal and Unbreakable'? Okay lets just call them Heroes for Hire....or something. 'Immortal Iron Fist and Friends'? 'Immortal Weapons featuring Luke Cage' I really don't know.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SUNMAN
    speedlgt said:
    "cause Ironfist can sell a monthly title and luke cage cant. LOL!!!"
    hahahaha ................... no
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By geraldthesloth
    SUNMAN said:
    "speedlgt said:
    "cause Ironfist can sell a monthly title and luke cage cant. LOL!!!"
    hahahaha ................... no
    "
    Bendis has a hard on for luke cage.
    Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sling Shot

Good thing has a "hard on" for Cage otherwise he would get as much daylight as Cloak, Triatholon, Photon, Rage, Falcon, need I go on?

I like when a good writer chooses an overlooked underestimated character and tries to bring some substantial storytelling their way.

And Cage seems to be cut from a diferent cloth than most other Marvel heroes so I think Cage could have his own ongoing title alongside Ironfist and they could have Hero for Hire one shots here and there.

But if Cage has a title I would prefer Bendis or someone Bendis chose to write it. And not Brian Azzarello who I would like to sock in the mouth for his take on Cage in the Max line.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceIMC

Woo for Triathlon and Photon. At least Monica is getting some time in that Marvel Divas. I'm glad they used Triathlon in Secret Invasion but his costume as 3-D Man sucks. And what's the point of 3-D man anyway? Everything is 3-D in real life. Now if they made a 3-D comic that would be awesome.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SUNMAN
    Sling Shot said:
    "Good thing has a "hard on" for Cage otherwise he would get as much daylight as Cloak, Triatholon, Photon, Rage, Falcon, need I go on?I like when a good writer chooses an overlooked underestimated character and tries to bring some substantial storytelling their way.And Cage seems to be cut from a diferent cloth than most other Marvel heroes so I think Cage could have his own ongoing title alongside Ironfist and they could have Hero for Hire one shots here and there.But if Cage has a title I would prefer Bendis or someone Bendis chose to write it. And not Brian Azzarello who I would like to sock in the mouth for his take on Cage in the Max line."
    Very well said my man!!!!

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the Vica
    PrinceIMC said:
    "the Vica said:
    "Alpha said:
    "avengpymhawk said:
    "

"

"
    Its not that we wouldn't get mystical stories anymore, they'd just get split up with some of Luke's own stories. Imagine how badass it'd be if Luke was alongside Danny in the Eighth City. 'Immortal Iron Fist and Unbreakable Luke Cage' might be a mouthful. 'Immortal and Unbreakable'? Okay lets just call them Heroes for Hire....or something. 'Immortal Iron Fist and Friends'? 'Immortal Weapons featuring Luke Cage' I really don't know."
    Lol, they should just make the title as long as they can for funzies...

"The Immortal Iron Fist and Unbreakable Luke Cage with the Immortal Weapons and maybe sometimes the New Avengers!"

... Or not.

And I dunno... If Luke Cage was in the Eighth City... It wouldn't feel right... He'd just be there... He wouldn't really contribute or anything, it'd just be like he's tagging along with Danny and his mystical buddies.

However, the idea of getting some stories that actually focus on Luke Cage is tempting.

Sling Shot said:
    "Good thing has a "hard on" for Cage otherwise he would get as much daylight as Cloak, Triatholon, Photon, Rage, Falcon, need I go on?I like when a good writer chooses an overlooked underestimated character and tries to bring some substantial storytelling their way.And Cage seems to be cut from a diferent cloth than most other Marvel heroes so I think Cage could have his own ongoing title alongside Ironfist and they could have Hero for Hire one shots here and there.But if Cage has a title I would prefer Bendis or someone Bendis chose to write it. And not Brian Azzarello who I would like to sock in the mouth for his take on Cage in the Max line."
    Yeah, that's probably a better idea... How would you feel about Brubaker and Fraction working their magic on Cage? Reckon they could do it? I mean, I think Brubaker writes DD (Not sure tho) and Cage is somewhat similar... Ish.
    RaydelFugeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RaydelFugeo

So did anyone really answer my question.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the Vica
    @RaydelFugeo said:
    " So did anyone really answer my question. "
    Hmm... I don't think we did...

Anyone remember why Power Man and Iron Fist broke up?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.