Follow

Iron Fist

Character » Iron Fist appears in 2256 issues.

The latest in a long line of warriors who wielded the power, Danny Rand is the immortal Iron Fist: protector of the mystical city of K'un Lun. He channels the soul of the dragon Shou-Lao making his fists into powerful weapons. He is among the best, if not the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. He has also been a member of The Defenders and the New Avengers.

One whole too many

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Brit

In the current series, the writers have established that the Iron Fist is a millenia-spanning legacy. Now before meeting Orson did Danny knew that the Iron Fist is a actually a legacy? That there have been others who have come before him? We know that Orson stole the Book of the Iron Fist that why Danny has no idea about their history. But that is one thing, in common sense the people of K'un-Lun know of previous Iron Fists and no one bothered to tell Danny? The same thing goes for the six other cities and their Immortal Weapons.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

Danny suspected there had been others, he had seen several of them in a vision before. He had no idea that there had been so many.

I think people in K'un-Lun are the secretive type, nobody ever told him that a demon would come looking for him on his 33rd birthday either. They didn't wanna distract him with things that had happened before.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the Vica
    PrinceIMC said:
    "Danny suspected there had been others, he had seen several of them in a vision before. He had no idea that there had been so many.I think people in K'un-Lun are the secretive type, nobody ever told him that a demon would come looking for him on his 33rd birthday either. They didn't wanna distract him with things that had happened before."
    That.

Plus Danny had to have assumed that the Iron Fist WAS a legacy, or there wouldn't be all those rituals and traditions he had to go through after achieving his power. Plus the way that Yu-Ti told him about the Iron Fist... It's not like he made it up on the spot, lol
    Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Brit
    PrinceIMC said:
    "Danny suspected there had been others, he had seen several of them in a vision before. He had no idea that there had been so many.I think people in K'un-Lun are the secretive type, nobody ever told him that a demon would come looking for him on his 33rd birthday either. They didn't wanna distract him with things that had happened before."

I have to disagree with you on this one. I think that the K'un-Lun people don't know about the Ch'l-Lin. I think since they're just peasants, they only know what Yu-Ti wants them to know. As for Lei Kung's students, whenever they get curious who were the Iron Fists, he would probably say to them that they are still unworthy of asking these kinds of questions. As for Danny's case I agree with what the Vica said; with all of the ceremonies and the rituals Danny have gone through, he must've known that the Iron Fist is a legacy and maybe he was so focused on his training that asking those questions did not even crossed his mind and when he became the 66th Iron Fist he was itching to go back to earth and kill Harold Meachum. Plus the Book of the Iron Fist was missing at that time which just adds to the situation.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the Vica

Hmm, that too. Back when he became the Iron Fist he was too distracted by his anger and thirst for revenge against Meachum to think about much else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.