Follow

Iron Fist

Character » Iron Fist appears in 2256 issues.

The latest in a long line of warriors who wielded the power, Danny Rand is the immortal Iron Fist: protector of the mystical city of K'un Lun. He channels the soul of the dragon Shou-Lao making his fists into powerful weapons. He is among the best, if not the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. He has also been a member of The Defenders and the New Avengers.

Is Iron Fist a Hypocrite? Shadow Land

Avatar image for the_angry_comic_book_critic
    The Angry Comic Book Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 6

Daredevil kills Bullseye and Iron Fist is up in arms yet he has no problem killing a ninja in Daredevil 509 to me that spells out Hypocrite what do you think?

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Video_Martian

I don't care at all about this storyline.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Nameless ninja's are totaly different than ectablished heros/villains.  DD (and many others) are/were agaist killing but never minded taking out countless ninjas/cannon fodder.  Besides, I consider hand ninjas dead already since they give there lives to the order and just disperse into smoke when they are ko'd anyway.
    Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Amegashita

Yes, it's hypocritical but what can you do?  A lot of those heroes are just that, hypocrites.

NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NexusOfLight

Actually, I recall Iron Fist saying something along the lines of "We all have blood on our hands," and "Bullseye definitely had it coming." To me, it seemed like Iron Fist was trying to defend Daredevil for a bit, and Luke Cage was the one who convinced him otherwise.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Amegashita said:
    "   Yes, it's hypocritical but what can you do?  A lot of those heroes are just that, hypocrites. "
    unfortunately true a lot of purported super-heroes are total hypocrites.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @NexusOfLight said:
    " Actually, I recall Iron Fist saying something along the lines of "We all have blood on our hands," and "Bullseye definitely had it coming." To me, it seemed like Iron Fist was trying to defend Daredevil for a bit, and Luke Cage was the one who convinced him otherwise. "
    Because Luke's a self-righteous pain.
    Grave Stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grave Stone
    @FadeToBlackBolt:
    I completely agree with you! I think Iron Fist does not want to kill, but will to an extent...I am pretty sure, a low level ninja who is trained to do nothing but do evil is different from the bullseye thing.  Also something to take in consideration is that Danny was merely defending himself and his friends.  Daredevil killed Bullseye in cold blood pretty much
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By iLLituracy

They've been sort of passive about Bullseye's death, IMO. I think, the way I see it, what they really have a problem with is the fact that Bullseye was defeated and he went for the kill anyway. 

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Manchine

Aren't Hand Ninjas mystical in a sense.   Don't they give up there soul to gain some power?  Its the reason why when they are defeated they turn into piles of goo.   

(Insert Pirate Talk) 

ARRRR, Killing Ninjas is just like killing a dumb mutt, arrrrrr!
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Talk about hypocritical anyone haver the scan of Wolverine shunning Spider-Man away for killing  The Kraven's in the alternate future? 

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By longbowhunter

I never really viewed the Hand ninjas as fully human. They die and mist out of sight. Cap is known for putting down Nazis, and plenty of heros killed Skrulls during Secret Invasion. To me its the same thing. I saw Bullseye as a different story because he is human. I say go Matt and Danny. Do what needs to be done boys.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daak1212

I honestly thought that Fist was more tyring to see if Matt was okay after killing Bullseye.  If that made no sense, its because I didnt read Shadowland 2.
    Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Matezoide2

Hands Ninjas are already dead anyway,Daredevil killed plenty when he fought the brainwashed Wolverine IIRC

@Son_of_Magnus said:

" Talk about hypocritical anyone haver the scan of Wolverine shunning Spider-Man away for killing  The Kraven's in the alternate future?  "

issue number?
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

As for the "killing" of Bullseye, he'll be back if he isn't already.  DD has plans for him, just you wait.
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daak1212
    @Donovan Montgomery said:
    "As for the "killing" of Bullseye, he'll be back if he isn't already.  DD has plans for him, just you wait. "

No doubt he is gonna bring back Bulleye threw hand magic
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @daak1212 said:
    " @Donovan Montgomery said:
    "As for the "killing" of Bullseye, he'll be back if he isn't already.  DD has plans for him, just you wait. "
    No doubt he is gonna bring back Bulleye threw hand magic "
    Yeah, but some people over at the Moon Knight forum (including me) are talking about him possibly being resurrected by Khonshu to be his new avatar.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @iLLituracy said:
    "They've been sort of passive about Bullseye's death, IMO. I think, the way I see it, what they really have a problem with is the fact that Bullseye was defeated and he went for the kill anyway.  "

That hits the nail on the head, imo. I think those are basically Luke's words, too... He said that Bullseye was beat and DD killed him anyway. 

And to the guy who mentioned Secret Invasion, I love the fact that hundreds of Skrulls were slaughtered and there was only one human fatality in the Wasp. Yet when Wasp dies, every human goes totally crazy, lol 
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @-Eclipse- said:
    "@iLLituracy said:
    "They've been sort of passive about Bullseye's death, IMO. I think, the way I see it, what they really have a problem with is the fact that Bullseye was defeated and he went for the kill anyway.  "
    That hits the nail on the head, imo. I think those are basically Luke's words, too... He said that Bullseye was beat and DD killed him anyway.  And to the guy who mentioned Secret Invasion, I love the fact that hundreds of Skrulls were slaughtered and there was only one human fatality in the Wasp. Yet when Wasp dies, every human goes totally crazy, lol  "

LOL. Humans pwn.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By G Bird
    @NexusOfLight said:
    " Actually, I recall Iron Fist saying something along the lines of "We all have blood on our hands," and "Bullseye definitely had it coming." To me, it seemed like Iron Fist was trying to defend Daredevil for a bit, and Luke Cage was the one who convinced him otherwise. "
    True, and anyways those ninja's are not alive, they disappear when they are destroyed.
    Kala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kala

No. There is a difference between killing in battle and an outright execution.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.