Follow

Invincible

Character » Invincible appears in 444 issues.

Girls, acne, homework and supervillains. When you're a teenager it pays to be - Invincible. Mark Grayson is the hero Invincible, whom is a Viltrumite/Human hybrid. Mark is one of the greatest heroes on Earth and is the son of Omni-Man. The new emperor of the Viltrum empire is a true hero to the very end.

WHY INVINCIBLE IS AMAZING

Prims777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

Edited By Prims777

I just discovered invincible. Its pretty much amazing. Now I know I'm a bit late to the party but quite frankly, who the hell cares? Cause Invincible is awesome. And here's a few reasons why. 

• IT'S FUNNY: It's genuinely funny. I can't stop myself. Every few issues I just laugh. And laugh. And laugh and laugh and laugh. Then I fall off my chair. And hit my head. And there's blood everywhere but I don't care. Because I'm still laughing. And laughing. And laughing and laughing. At Invincible. Because it's that funny. Sometimes it's the dialogue, but sometimes it's the art. The expressions of the characters.
    • IT'S LIGHTHEARTED: It's like Robert Kirkman took superman. Made him go back to high school and gave him the personality of Spider-Man. Invincible is serious but it doesn't take itself too serious and that's half the appeal of it. There's always some crazy alien invasion or something to keep Invincible busy while going through the pains of high school (girls, grades, etc.). It's great.
    • IT'S SERIOUS TOO: While Invincible is lighthearted that doesn't mean it's all silly all the time. Kirkman doesn't shy away from major plot twists and such. (Omni-Man being evil) that make you want to keep reading. 

What was the point of all this rambling? Basically to tell you how fantastically awesome and epically funny Invincible is. It's like a breath of fresh air after sitting in the same room on the same couch reading years and years of traditional comic stories. If you haven't started reading Invincible yet scold yourself repeatedly and get yourself as fast as you can to your local comic book store. And if you can't get there for whatever terrible reason just cry until you can. 

Thoughts? Comment! 

Prims777
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Primmaster64

More like Superboy and Spiderman

Prims777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2  Edited By Prims777
    @Primmaster64: Same thing. My point was someone with Superman's powers and Spider-Man's wit.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Primmaster64

SuperBOY.

Team_Eamonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Team_Eamonn

Shouldn't you have had a spoiler alert up for the Omni-Man thing? 

AndrewFranges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AndrewFranges

Totally agree dude. I just started reading it in October and I’m already all the way caught up. It is great stuff.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By difficlus
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " More like Superboy and Spiderman "
    yea...
    Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Walker696

wow I feel super late, I just started reading this past Thursday and I just got up to the V-War, its an awesome book and my girlfriend now hates it because I've been reading it while on the phone with her but she also loves it because she's into good stories and lots of fights lol. This is defiantly one of the best stories I've read in a while........glad I read this after i read the books that's lil twist yo sared would have pissed me off.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By -Eclipse-

INVINCI-HEADS... UNITE! 

I love Invincible! I'm also one of those guys who was very late to the party, but thanks to the Ultimate Collections I'm caught pretty much all the way up! The next volume of Ultimate Collection (out in February) will bring me up to date on the Invincible War and might even show a bit of Viltrumite War! I love Kirkman's writing, I LOVE Ottley's art and Invincible is the best superhero comic book in the universe!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.