Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Volume »

Focused on the aftermath of Metropolis' Nuclear annhilation at the hands of the Joker, this comic includes the battles between the DC Universes greatest characters.

Earth V?

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JLDoom

So I was looking at some Injustice concept art and came across this:

No Caption Provided

As you can see, it's an alternate costume for Bane. Thats not the interesting part though, the interesting part is that "Earth V" annotation

What does it mean? What's Earth V? At first I thought it was the roman number, but turns out that's Captain Marvel's earth, and judging by the images and inhabitants from that place it's quite unlikely this Bane comes from there, let alone any Bane

No Caption Provided

So what's Earth V? What role does it play in the game's story? The costume doesnt tell us more about this place. Do this Green Arrow and Harley Quinn come from Earth V too?

Green Arrow alternate costume
    Green Arrow alternate costume
    Harley Quinn alternate costume
    Harley Quinn alternate costume
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@JLDoom: Im pretty sure there is an actual Earth-V, as in V for Vendetta.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JLDoom

@Jonny_Anonymous: Hmm, I just looked it up just to be certain and I only found one site where they mention an Earth-V, which is the DC Comics database, and they add

Unofficially named reality
    Neither DC Comics, nor any of its imprints, has provided this reality with an official nomenclature. The designation V for Vendetta was created by the editors of the DC Database Project as a placeholder in order to distinguish characters, locations and items that pertain to this setting from those presented in other alternate realities. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Placeholders.

Now, they're talking about the "V for Vendetta" designation, but since I didnt find any sources where they officially refer to this reality as "Earth V", I guess that's a fan term too, and therefore the name is still available for use

There's a couple more sites where the V for Vendetta Earth is Earth-V, but no sources to an official DC designation

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@JLDoom said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Hmm, I just looked it up just to be certain and I only found one site where they mention an Earth-V, which is the DC Comics database, and they add

Unofficially named reality
    Neither DC Comics, nor any of its imprints, has provided this reality with an official nomenclature. The designation V for Vendetta was created by the editors of the DC Database Project as a placeholder in order to distinguish characters, locations and items that pertain to this setting from those presented in other alternate realities. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Placeholders.

Now, they're talking about the "V for Vendetta" designation, but since I didnt find any sources where they officially refer to this reality as "Earth V", I guess that's a fan term too, and therefore the name is still available for use

There's a couple more sites where the V for Vendetta Earth is Earth-V, but no sources to an official DC designation

lol I was just using the Vendetta thing to show that I didn't mean 5. What I meant was I know there is an Earth-A Earth-B Earth-C ect so I'm pretty sure there is an Earth-V

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JLDoom

@Jonny_Anonymous: I know, that's why I discarded an Earth 5. It would be interesting if the "V" stood for something (like vengeance) instead of being just a random letter

Then again, maybe it's just a weird term the developers used to describe the alternate costumes

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Maybe it's like "earth video game"

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@jldoom: Also someone mentioned in the Star Labs video by IGN, that Lex sends an "alternate universe superman" to stop Superman. That alternate universe superman is his alternate costume, it could be nothing though.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JLDoom

@ccraft: Yeah, I saw that video. Since regular Superman seemed to be acquainted with that other Superman it makes me think I'm either right and the mission takes place after story mode or I'm wrong and that's just a poor-man's Ultraman (probably the latter)

@consolemaster001: Maybe, but it doesn't really explain why only their alternates have the "Earth V" denomination and their main costumes don't. These are named "Prime costumes" BTW, and let's not forget that "Prime" is a very common term when it comes to DC's multiverse (although this last statement may be just straw-grasping from my part

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was gonna say somethin but it would be kind of a spoiler so umm... keep up the good work

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.