Follow

Inhumans

Team » Inhumans appears in 1578 issues.

The result of Kree experimentation on Homo Neanderthalensis using Terrigen Mist, The Inhumans are a race of super powered beings who live in isolation and do not trust humans.

Inhuman (2014-Present)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack
    No Caption Provided

Thread to talk about the new Inhuman series.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naja is probably my new favorite character in this book. Abby thinks her name sounded familiar and she said that people used to be really catty about weight in her old job, so I'm thinking before she got turned into a snake lady she was some kind of famous model or something.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I wish they would go on an accelerated schedule and release like every 2 weeks. This could help the flow and hopefully go some way to establishing more history and hopefully end the Xmen v inhumans debate

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really need more money

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

So since this series has been going for a while what are peoples thoughts on it now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jonny_anonymous: I think it's definitely a solid book. Axis interrupted it's momentum quite a bit, but it's managed to bounce back.

However, it does have its problems. Particularly with the nuhumans; Inferno has fire powers and his name is Dante--talk about uninspired and generic. Also, I don't like how they're changing them conceptually. They used to be an aristocratic royal family that ruled over an isolated community of freaks. Now they're more of a minority group trying to make it in the world(sound familiar?).

I understand the shift in direction considering the Inhumans' history with incest and slavery, but I hope they don't lose their authenticity in the process.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

New to the franchise, and basically just read the two most recent TPB's. I'd say the books are solid, I do like that they launched the new series with a 'new kid on the block' getting introduced to everyone that's left. The big problem however is that like those new kids, I have some difficulty with the 'who's who' and why I need to care about this or that person when they appear. Key example is The Unspoken, from the book I know he was the ruler of Attilan before Black Bolt and that he was terrible at it, then I get the brief on his powers, but by then I am lost with 'am I supposed to be fearful for the others wellbeing with him around or not?'

My other major problem with these new kids is how quickly they seem to be replacing seemingly ancient/well established characters, like the surgeon (not replaced as far as I know) and the lone surviving 'cop'. Which I think is a shame really.

Overall though I am looking forwards to the next TPB.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Teerack

@outside_85: The people that have been getting replaced like the doctor and cop are new characters as well. They weren't nuhumans but we never met them before this series. The only inhuman characters that were well established/relevant before this were members of the royal family.

• Blackbolt
    • Maximus
    • Lockjaw
    • Medusa
    • Crystal
    • Luna
    • Triton
    • Alecto
    • Gorgon
    • Karnak
    • Ahura

The art in the most recent issues has been really disappointing compared tot he rest of the series. I hope this new artist is just subbing in and not going to stay on this book.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been meaning to get into this series is it Good?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I see, thanks. Still, I was kinda looking forwards to having a kind of buddy-cop segment in the book.

Btw, is there any of the more modern Inhuman stories that are worth getting? Like their time in outer space? Or is that mostly irrelevant at this point?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Teerack

@lxlgiftedlxl: It is really good and worth checking out. 1-3 are alright and then 4 and up are great. Soule really found his groove with this franchise around then.

Another good Inhuman book I think you should check out before starting is Inhumanity 1 and 2. It's not necessary but I do think that they enhance the experience since later in the story some of it ties into the series.

There is also the new Amazing Spider-Man Special 1 is good.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teerack

@outside_85 said:

@teerack: I see, thanks. Still, I was kinda looking forwards to having a kind of buddy-cop segment in the book.

Btw, is there any of the more modern Inhuman stories that are worth getting? Like their time in outer space? Or is that mostly irrelevant at this point?

Yeah same. I think if you go find my comment on the review of that issue it was something like "I would have bought an ongoing series if it was about the two of those characters being cops"

And for your other question.

@teerack said:

Another good Inhuman book I think you should check out before starting is Inhumanity 1 and 2. It's not necessary but I do think that they enhance the experience since later in the story some of it ties into the series.

There is also the new Amazing Spider-Man Special 1 is good.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I like all Nuhumans and Inhumans but i wonder if the 4 main Nuhumans are tribute to Fantastic Four or just a coincidence. I like Medusa on this series, she is a good main characther as well good ruler (exept AXIS Medusa) who cares about her people unless someone threaths her or her people. Not being fanboy, but this is good series. I know that there is lot of hate because Inhumans will replace X-Men on Cinema Universe but blame Marvel and Fox for that. One thing that i hated is how Thor and Captain America show as guest-star in two issue without any separation. And even thougt that Inhumans are a old "group", this tittle shows they have lot of potencial and kind fresh concepts.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@teerack: Inhumanity is the story before the Inhuman book right?

Edit:Nevermind figured it out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Teerack

@outside_85: Check out the evolution of Nur's powers! :O Kinda makes me wonder why nothing like this has ever been done with Cyclops.

No Caption Provided

Also this current plot might also lead to Auran coming back to life.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Ok, I have to point out how it's actually epic that he's essentially turned into a walking arcade machine. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.