Follow

Infinity War

Story arc »

Adam Warlock's bad side, the Magus, separates from his body and assembles the Infinity Gauntlet. Magus creates doppelgangers of Earth's heroes as part of his plan to recreate a universe of evil.

Official Title for Third Avengers Movie Revealed

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

...and it's a bit underwhelming.

Back in May, the Russo Brothers said the previously announced Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1 and Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2 movies would get re-titled. The reason? "The movies are two different movies," Joe Russo told Uproxx. "The intention is we will change it, we just haven't come up with the titles yet." In other words, we are not doing the Hollywood "splitting up our last book into two parts to make more money" cliche. So what is the new title?

No Caption Provided

Deadline reported that Marvel Studios has decided on a title for the in-development Avengers 3, making official that the film will be called Avengers: Infinity War. Avengers 4, meanwhile, has been given the placeholder name Untitled Avengers. Didn't see that one coming!

With Winter Solider and Civil War as precedence we are sure to be very expectant of when The Russo Brothers' Avengers: Infinity War (sans Part 1) is released on May 4th, 2018.

Honestly, they can call it whatever they want... We'll watch it anyway!

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @Geo_sorathekey | Get to know me better: #GeoWasHere

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Eh I'd say Age of Ultron was a more uninspiring title and I don't just mean the content of the film itself. Infinity War sounds more epic.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#2  Edited By KrleAvenger

^^^^ It was more like few days of Ultron. That's the real title of the movie

Avengers:

Few Days of Ultron.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: I'm not insulting. I love that movie. I'm just joking around. I know you never said I was insulting but I'm just saying.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And title is awesome.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Looks cool imo.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I am in no way saying the title (or subtitle) is uninspiring... It's just not a shocker. I was super excited for the title when it was announced with a Part 1 and 2.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sora_thekey: Yeah it would have been cool for both films to be Infinity Wars, I feel you there. It's the most relevant one too considering what storyline it will be based off.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wait, so all of Thanos´ storyline will resolve in one movie ??

I´d rather have them do it in two parts, that way there is no need to rush the plot and we get more kickass Thanos.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: @lvenger: I think Thanos will overlap across both films, I just think that they want to make a distinction between movies. They are sequels, but not direct sequels. We're getting movies in between, so there will be a resolution between Infinity War and Untitled.. I'm guessing Thanos will come back bigger and badder by the fourth Avengers movie.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Avenger's box office demolishes the Justice League once again.

jk...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: No it's as Sora said, Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet plot line will take place across two films still, there's been no change from that. I think they're just going to make it into two separate films rather than a Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows or Twilight Breaking Down two parters.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: @lvenger: I think Thanos will overlap across both films, I just think that they want to make a distinction between movies. They are sequels, but not direct sequels. We're getting movies in between, so there will be a resolution between Infinity War and Untitled.. I'm guessing Thanos will come back bigger and badder by the fourth Avengers movie.

@lvenger said:

@thor_parker82: No it's as Sora said, Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet plot line will take place across two films still, there's been no change from that. I think they're just going to make it into two separate films rather than a Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows or Twilight Breaking Down two parters.

Well, if Thanos is indeed in both movies, I´d like for him to take on The Avengers without the IG on the first movie, I want him to take them by himself and The Avengers to barely defeat him with a deus ex machina, have some avengers killed to show how much of a threat Thanos´really is, then in the fourth, have Thanos actually use the IG.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: It's still like two movies. First movie will probably be based on three parts.

1. Avengers face Collector who gets defeated and then he tells them about Thanos like in comicsorthey face Thanos without Infinity Gauntelt.
    2. Thanos's origin story.
    3. Thanos collects Infinity Gems/Stones.

Movie will probably end with Thanos collecting the gems and doing his trademark move.

No Caption Provided

Or he will collect the gems in second movie and then kills 50% of Universe. Knowing how awesome Zemo was and that Civil War didn't feel like MCU movie, removing all humor and focusing on a little darker side of things (although not anywhere close to Batman style) and that Russo brothers will direct it, it will be impressive IMO.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Are you assuming the first part will go like that or has it been confirmed ??

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: The fact that I said "or" and "probably" proves it wasn't confirmed.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I can totally see that as the end of the first movie. It would be a great cliffhanger.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sora_thekey: Totally. I'm even more convinced the movie will be awesome. Especially because of Russo brothers directing it because they made a bug change in MCU with Civil War, removing friendly side of things and focus on stuff with no win situation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.