Follow

Infinity, Inc.

Team » Infinity, Inc. appears in 193 issues.

Infinity, Inc. was a group of teens comprised mostly of children or heirs to JSA. The second group with the title were granted powers and outfitted with names of former members by Lex Luthor to serve his purposes.

Would U Buy It #42: "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Infinity, Inc."

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    DateWUBI # 42:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    11/03/10COIE: Infinity, Inc.(Blog) (Forum)Infinity, Inc.(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:Crisis on Infinite Earths: Infinity, Inc..
    Collecting 8 Issues:
    • Infinity, Inc. #18-24
    • Infinity, Inc. Annual#1.
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: Infinity, Inc. #20
    TPB Cover: Infinity, Inc. #20

I mentioned in the previous "Would U Buy It" how Roy Thomas kind of fought the whole idea of Crisis on Infinite Earths. Despite that, his two titles, All-Star Squadron and Infinity, Inc., devoted the most issues per title to the Crisis, mostly in self defense. Crisis absolutely ruined All-Star Squadron, and since the Infinitors were related to the heroes of Thomas' Golden Age All-Stars, the history of these new characters was also ruined, only a year-and-a-half after their debut. So Mr. Thomas spent almost the better part of a year writing his way out of the Crisis, and redefining Infinity, Inc. in the process. Thomas could write Golden Age characters like no other, and this was his stab at the next generation. Personally, that fascinates me, and I'd like to read all of those issues in a collection. Thanks to the recent revival of the Infinity, Inc. name, I think the book could sell with Infinity, Inc. as the main title, but to keep it consistent with my previous suggestion of COIE: The All-Star Squadron, I named this one COIE: Infinity, Inc.

For the cover, none of them show most of the Infintors, and something overtly COIE. Out of the ones that are there though, the one that is the most COIE is issue #20, with the silhouette of the Anti-Monitor, and the infamous red skies in the background.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#Which WUBI will it be:
    Back:41.COIE: All-Star Squadron.
    Next:43.Superman Family (Elseworlds).

.WUBI Index.

Thanks again!

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Infinity, Inc.
    Crisis on Infinite Earths: Infinity, Inc.
    humanfly26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By humanfly26

Looks good to me, I'd buy pretty much any collection of Infinity, Inc. It's classic '80s...

On an unrelated note.. how do you get the covers of the comics into your posts? I know that I can insert pictures from the site into a post by Insert > Image > Search the Site, but I can't seem to find the covers of individual issues by doing this..

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AMS

Yeah I'd buy anything relating to COIE.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#3  Edited By cbishop
    @humanfly26 said:
    "...On an unrelated note.. how do you get the covers of the comics into your posts? I know that I can insert pictures from the site into a post by Insert > Image > Search the Site, but I can't seem to find the covers of individual issues by doing this.. "

It's a simple copy/paste, actually - one of the only things I've figured out on my own on this site - lol.  I open up a second tab, right click the cover, hit "copy," come to my blog tab, right click, and hit "paste."  Voila!  Obviously, I'm using the smaller covers. 

What I'd like to know is how can we use a secondary cover on a list, or get a smaller graphic of it for a blog?  For instance, Image United has mutliple covers for every issue.  If I want to use the third cover for #1, instead of the primary cover, how do I do that?  ...Actually, Liberty's already told me it can't be done, so what I really want to know is when is CV going to make it so we can? lol  I'd be all over that option.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.